Not open for further replies.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
my queue is full,
but i hate working on these after hearing about blocks (scared money and all!)
What are some of the possibilities for a block though? Should we all be scared?

Reactions: Rena

Rena

Reaction score
I keep trying to setup auto accept for Z's on TM- but every time I hit +auto it says there aren't any available- do I just have to get lucky lol
No I think when you set it up on TM you tell it to auto accept by checking the box. The +Auto is when you don't have that set up

jan

Reaction score
What are some of the possibilities for a block though? Should we all be scared?
no, just be careful (as you always are :)
run the script for worst case scenario if you don't have a lot of approvals - never do so many with 1 requester that you go below 98% approval in case of mass rejection (I have a lot, so I probably shouldn't be scared - I just don't want a block.............).
zoltars don't reject, from what I've heard, just block

MindNumbing

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone hit 100 yet?

The Bad Ash

Not Goody Little 2 Shoes
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure someone else could explain it better, but my understanding is that Panda ("Preview and Accept") scoops up a hit with one request, while Pantha ("Preview and then Accept") first previews the page, and then accepts. Panthas have fewer PREs (I think?) and may let you scoop up hits that others miss on frenzied batches like Zoltars.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Alls I really know is that I get more Z's in Pantha mode.
It's more about getting around throttling.
Really shitty... sorry your morning sucks balls
Just to clarify (and Johnnyrs @Johnnyrs can confirm or deny), Pantha should have the same amount of PRE's as a panda. It just previews every hit before accepting it like you would if you were working on a throttled batch. I'm pretty sure Zoltars don't get throttled though, so it probably doesn't matter which you use. I've never noticed a difference between the two.

Reactions: Rena and ItsAmyTee

turkLion

Contributor
Reaction score
Woke up this morning to this from ROC-NLP Research.

Status :Rejected Feedback : There is too little happening in the story. The instruction states that stories without a different event in the middle such as “Today I made pasta. I first boiled the water. Then added the pasta to the boiling water. Afterwards I added salt and pepper. It was yummy!” is not accepted. A suitable story would be “Today I wanted to make pasta. However, I was out of tomato sauce. So, I asked my neighbor if he had any extra. He did and offered me some. I ended up making a great plate of pasta”.

What does that even mean? I double checked the few stories that I did to make sure they followed the instructions before submitting. Furthermore, with that vague feedback, I have no idea which story title was rejected. Previously, they rejected one of my stories but they gave me the title of the story and explained why it was rejected.

Like I said, I only did a few of these so I think I will be okay. However, I feel bad for people that did a lot of these hits and are receiving this vague rejection. I know that they were giving Princess Gina Marie @Princess Gina Marie a lot of trouble.

It's just sad to see another requester go down the Mturk toilet. :flush: This hit was good to do if you are a creative person or there wasn't anything else to work on at that time.

My guess is that since this is higher paying batch than previously, (increased by a whole nickel), they feel that they can reject you more.
It also appears that their TO is starting to take a hit and will probably continue to do so if they continue to give out these vague rejections.

I probably won't do anymore of these hits. It's too much of a gamble and I'm not a great storyteller anyway.:blep:

TL;DR: ROC-NLP Research is now apparently rejecting our work with vague rejections for their nickel-increased hits.

MostlyConfused

Reaction score
I'm salty. Got an email from LOS that they had new HITs. Loaded them up.
Started on them. First one 3 or 4 videos in the surgeon did not 100% did NOT hit the target area. When I submitted my answers and hit next video I got a message saying it was a test video and I failed the answers. Got a block email and couldn't finish the rest.
Srsly.
So salty.
Now I'm stuck with Z's :arghh::cry:

Reactions: ChristopherASA

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Just to clarify (and Johnnyrs @Johnnyrs can confirm or deny), Pantha should have the same amount of PRE's as a panda. It just previews every hit before accepting it like you would if you were working on a throttled batch. I'm pretty sure Zoltars don't get throttled though, so it probably doesn't matter which you use. I've never noticed a difference between the two.
It should (unless I'm mistaken) generate 2 page requests instead of one.

1. Preview
2. Accept

Status
Not open for further replies.