08/13 - Mochi Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
So, you won't be drinking the cough syrup?..just as well, I think they took the alcohol out of it. Doesn't work so well now. Progress.
It's codeine I think, and you can buy it OTC here in IA, once every 48 hours, not that I know this as fact or anything......:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

HelloHello

Reaction score
I am terrified now, I have 32 outstanding hits with this requester, all of my qualification hits were approved. I appreciate you responding to let me know. Has she rejected every reviewed hit thus far for you? I wonder if this is just getting free work. So sorry for you having to deal with this, please review the requester to allow others the opportunity for warning. When the hits went up I did 7 or 8 and waited to see if they approved AND if the qual was issued before touching anymore. But 19 rejections after having all qual hits approved and a qual issued on top of not communicating is just bad business. I grew a little worried after seeing the hit posted with 10k hits worth 8k on the top of the hit, so I stopped at 32 and decided to wait for approvals to appear. If free work is the MO, we don't really know for sure yet, then mass rejections before posting all of the work is just not smart. You would think they would hold off on touching them at all until the work was completed and then reject in mass. I am not liking the scared money aspect of this at all.
There is one review besides mine on TO and a comment to my posting. If you go back through the posts from today on the forum you'll see there is another worker reported getting 12 rejects (Rose did communicate with her, but reportedly, not nicely). This HIT is apparently for Rose's PHD dissertation: Explainable Recommendations; Rose Catherine Kanjirathinkal; School of Computer Science Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, PA 15213; Thesis Committee: Prof. William W. Cohen, Chair, Carnegie Mellon University Prof. Maxine Eskenazi, Carnegie Mellon University Prof. Ruslan Salakhutdinov, Carnegie Mellon University Prof. Jure Leskovec, Stanford University. Professor Cohen is no longer at CMU having taken a position at Google.

Reactions: stuffalleysays

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
I see it ebbing and flowing as if it is gearing up for school to be back in session. WOOT!
For sure, school just started and for some schools they still arent in session yet, they arent going to jump right into the experiments and stuff, but over the next few weeks more surveys should be hitting mturk. :celebrate2:

Reactions: stuffalleysays

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
No worries then, sounds about the same for most here.

I did the Part 2 Siddharth Suri HIT which was nice, and a couple of small ones, but didn't even look for more based on how most Mondays seem to be lately. Even returned one from an email invite because it was WTF, not sure, Return, bye.

Probably gonna leave a nice positive Turkopticon review for Siddharth Suri tomorrow... :)

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Kid just asked, while playing a video game that used the phrase, "Mom, what's a red light district?"

me in my head, "Do NOT SWEAR. Do NOT SWEAR while explaining this."

I totally didn't swear and went all historical and gave the "scientific" answer (and feminist one).
My daughter was wrestling with her dad (she is 11) and all of a sudden she punches his tummy and shouts " You just got Teabagged", ummm hello. Then I try to explain that she should not use the phrase to describe something because society has already associated the term with something less than appropriate, and then an hour of why led to "people say that to describe putting a boys private parts in someone's face". I did not need that conversation yesterday, or any day ever really.

EnterNameHere

Contributor
Reaction score
There is one review besides mine on TO and a comment to my posting. If you go back through the posts from today on the forum you'll see there is another worker reported getting 12 rejects (Rose did communicate with her, but reportedly, not nicely). This HIT is apparently for Rose's PHD dissertation: Explainable Recommendations; Rose Catherine Kanjirathinkal; School of Computer Science Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, PA 15213; Thesis Committee: Prof. William W. Cohen, Chair, Carnegie Mellon University Prof. Maxine Eskenazi, Carnegie Mellon University Prof. Ruslan Salakhutdinov, Carnegie Mellon University Prof. Jure Leskovec, Stanford University. Professor Cohen is no longer at CMU having taken a position at Google.
And the IRB office of CMU is irb-review@andrew.cmu.edu.
(I have 1/5 qualled hits rejected from 8/11, all 45 pending from 8/12)

Reactions: HelloHello

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
For sure, school just started and for some schools they still arent in session yet, they arent going to jump right into the experiments and stuff, but over the next few weeks more surveys should be hitting mturk. :celebrate2:
:nod:

ebb and flow, ebb and flow

IndividualRace

Reaction score
I am terrified now, I have 32 outstanding hits with this requester, all of my qualification hits were approved. I appreciate you responding to let me know. Has she rejected every reviewed hit thus far for you? I wonder if this is just getting free work. So sorry for you having to deal with this, please review the requester to allow others the opportunity for warning. When the hits went up I did 7 or 8 and waited to see if they approved AND if the qual was issued before touching anymore. But 19 rejections after having all qual hits approved and a qual issued on top of not communicating is just bad business. I grew a little worried after seeing the hit posted with 10k hits worth 8k on the top of the hit, so I stopped at 32 and decided to wait for approvals to appear. If free work is the MO, we don't really know for sure yet, then mass rejections before posting all of the work is just not smart. You would think they would hold off on touching them at all until the work was completed and then reject in mass. I am not liking the scared money aspect of this at all.
If they are just trying to get free work, the consent form from the qual hit has all the contact info for the investigators and IRB (found here on page 3 if you don't have it anymore). I personally haven't had any rejected from them yet. Hopefully the rejections mentioned are just from mistakes and not because they're scammers.

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
:nod:

ebb and flow, ebb and flow
I watch the job boards online and there are a lot of intern and other college related positions that started to post last week. Things are ramping up and the future looks bright, eventually, for a while, until later, again... :nailbite:

Reactions: Peachy and jklmnop

IndividualRace

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Little Learners Lab for work related to .......
The value of your bonus is: $1.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
“You

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Well, that makes $15.50 in received bonuses, and $3.36 from "regular" HITs. That counts as making my $10/day goal, right?!

Last edited:

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you so much. I guess all I can do is try to not stress until my rejections come in. I did them all precisely s I did for the qual though. So if I get a ton of rejections I will most certainly be communicating with her department head. Appreciate the information. She sure isn't going to illicit better work by not communicating what the issues with the work are Did she approve any of your work at all post qual....balls.

Reactions: HelloHello

TwilightMashery

Reaction score
I've done 4 or 5 no problem all approved.
I got most of the questions right, but i am thinking I got maybe 1 or 2 wrong... do you think that will be okay? I couldnt remember a dr. last name and I am not sure if I guessed right..? Never done one of theirs but I spent a good amount of time on it.

TwilightMashery

Reaction score
No worries then, sounds about the same for most here.

I did the Part 2 Siddharth Suri HIT which was nice, and a couple of small ones, but didn't even look for more based on how most Mondays seem to be lately. Even returned one from an email invite because it was WTF, not sure, Return, bye.

Probably gonna leave a nice positive Turkopticon review for Siddharth Suri tomorrow... :)
Yes, me too... very fast payout!

Reactions: KillMoles
Status
Not open for further replies.