08/13 - Mochi Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmr

Reaction score
You can post the email, just not identifiable information. Usually we do it to clarify work or show bonuses, but I don't know why a negative interaction would be any different, so long as we are judicious in how we deal with the information. I'm so sorry you had that experience. All of mine are just staring at me and taunting me. I wonder if anyone contacted her department, perhaps this is why mine are stalled. I am a doctoral candidate, so I am pretty certain that I completed them within the set of regulations given, but I am not super human either. Itchy reject fingers go on my block list. I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that a smooth qual experience would result in a smooth batch for a week or so. I have not noticed the hits being posted again either. Hopefully, if she is not getting what she is looking for, she will reach out, communicate, rework the hit. If I get rejections I will probably suggest that she reach out via one of the forums to communicate with the worker base regarding common mistakes and what she is really seeking. I have a hard time believing that multiple workers with high stats decided to perform hits in a totally shit manner out of the blue.

first - congrats on being a doctoral candidate!!!! i recently switched careers & am almost done w grad school, possibly considering doctoral next. yeah, I was really turned off by her response especially because I made numerous efforts to reach out to her about possible mistakes on my part and asking if I could fix any errors, etc.

I emailed her immediately about the possible mistakes & she wrote back to say
"Sorry for the delay in responding. I understand your concern. I checked a couple of your entries and see what you are saying. I have approved most of them - so you will be paid for these and won't hit your rating. "

I told her thank you and I had actually already received the rejections, would it be possible to fix them, etc. & got back

"Sorry for the late reply. So, I checked your stats again. This is what I have: (my stats as a graphic:13 correct/38 wrong/11 rejected)

The ones marked wrong are those that looked like the MTurker made a good attempt, but still missed the mark - so those are paid out, but still unusable for our purposes.
The ones marked reject are those that appear like no effort has been made - these are not paid out.
I am quite surprised that you did 60+ when all we required was 5.
The wrong and rejected ones were re uploaded and completed by other workers. So, unfortunately, at this point, there is not much I can do. Thanks for the feedback on the HITs."

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I love mochi mochi balls
:gucci:

Reactions: jklmnop

jmr

Reaction score
jmr @jmr I'm surprised the qual HITs were rejected. I would assume they would all be accepted and you just wouldn't get the qualification to do more work. I think her "surprise" towards the 60+ was that she only intended for workers to do a few, just to keep their percentage above the required and get the qualification for the future work. One person doing 60 quals means that other people couldn't do those quals... does that make sense? It could have easily been avoided on the requester end with a cap. That said, I do remember seeing "never" to use "I". I'm sorry you tried to reach out and she wasn't understanding :(
Yes, as soon as I realized I kept using "I" I reached out that today because I felt so bad and I didn't want to ruin my approval rating OR her work. I get what you're saying about those HITS being spread out across more workers but it also said to do more if interested or something like that, I remember there being a convo on here because it just kept letting you do more. She definitely should have cut it off at 5

<Gucci>

Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
jmr @jmr I'm surprised the qual HITs were rejected. I would assume they would all be accepted and you just wouldn't get the qualification to do more work. I think her "surprise" towards the 60+ was that she only intended for workers to do a few, just to keep their percentage above the required and get the qualification for the future work. One person doing 60 quals means that other people couldn't do those quals... does that make sense? It could have easily been avoided on the requester end with a cap. That said, I do remember seeing "never" to use "I". I'm sorry you tried to reach out and she wasn't understanding :(
I agree that’s why they are qual hits.
Otherwise we wouldn’t bother doing quals to risk a nasty rejection rate.
Ugh. I just walked in on this. Yuuuuuuck
Cc Yuk @Yuk

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
time for a late night snack
three course meal

Reactions: <Gucci>

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Ditto....also, is there an easy way to search our own quals or do we always have to go through each page?

Reactions: <Gucci>

SalvadorZombie

The Jon Moxley of Mturk
Reaction score
So. Not a great day in general. Pretty blah, but nothing too bad.

Then I get an email saying that I'm being dropped from Intermediate to Beginner on a project because my REWORK (not Rejection, REWORK) rate is higher than 3%.

The original requirement for Intermediate was 7%. Now it's magically 3%. And I haven't had any reworks in the better part of several months. Ugh.

And now, a visual representation of what getting that email felt like:

<Gucci>

Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I am currently stress eating over scared money. I took 2 girlscout thank you cookies and I put vanilla bean and honey ice cream between them...
Sounds delicious ugh. Yer gonna make me eat Nutella now.

Reactions: SalvadorZombie
Status
Not open for further replies.