12/31 - New Year's Eve Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
Oof, they really do that? We have Prime because my boyfriend has it and I reap the benefits...can't live without it nowadays lol
there's even a little button, now, that asks if I want to 'speed up' my order. Not a chance. I don't want prime - I don't even like Amazon a lot. And I HATE that they raise the prices on things, based on your browsing. I think all prices should be the same, always.
I think it's unethical (jmo).

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
I've had good days and bad days with Amazon. I chose free shipping on Friday for something and it's coming today. Sometimes they take their sweet ass time and other times it's quick. They have warehouses in my state and a bunch of surrounding states too. Probably just depends on where it's at. And the every time I choose cheap shipping they always try to get me to click that link to get Prime, like if I wanted prime, I'd get it.

Reactions: jan

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
only somewhat related because it's not a shipping problem but I'm waiting on a package that isn't supposed to be here until Wednesday and I'm pretty sure I'd cut a few of my fingers off to have it right now
is it llamas?

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
This is true. I was browsing for a few things yesterday and everything listed as '2-day shipping' had an ETA of Thursday/Friday. (And we live in a city with a major warehouse an hour away/DC 20 minutes away.)
Same, warehouse is 20 minutes from me and my daughters "sister" is our carrier. She actually went and tracked down a package we were waiting for one day just because the driver had delivered one but not the other. Gotta love that girl.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
How many of those qualifications are there of Amazon Turk Team, anyways? I see 9 of them on the link you posted, but I don't see the Adult Content one among them. I had to search up an old forum post to get the direct link. Is there more?
Also, adult qualifications is mentioned here https://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/your-first-1000-hits.23/ with a link. I just figure most people start there.

For anyone new, if you haven't read the basics, it may be worth finding a minute to do so.
https://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/start-here-guides-for-getting-started.11/
Some of it may be a bit dated but, it's information everyone should have. Can't get too far into advanced AMT theory without knowing the basics.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Training qualifier to do UserBob HITs | Accept
Requester: UserBob [A1G1PATDFBA7E5] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.01] [Pay=4.32] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.69] [Fast=4.99] [Comm=4.93] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=86] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=22.09] [Pen=0.45 days] [Res=100%] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Record your computer's screen and your voice while you spend 1 minute talking about your first visit to a website. Then upload the recording.
Qualifications: Reviewer DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; Location In CA, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

nmelssx

Reaction score
Not sure. Never counted them. No idea if there are more. They add more, when they feel the need, I think. But, basic demo information usually doesn't need many additions.
Did you do most of them? Also, are most of them hidden qualifications? I'm curious, because I don't think I've ever seen a HIT with qualification like Male = 1, or Female = 1, in the qualification's description box. But then again, when I'm searching for HITs I've always had the checkbox marked "HITs you are qualified for" checked so I might've missed them.

jan

Reaction score
This is true. I was browsing for a few things yesterday and everything listed as '2-day shipping' had an ETA of Thursday/Friday. (And we live in a city with a major warehouse an hour away/DC 20 minutes away.)
always browse in cognito (they track you and raise the prices, accordingly)

BlurryFace

Antisocial Optimist
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Consumer Survey (5 - 10 minutes) (~ 7 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: amazon_lei [A2QD3I7RT6F95] (Req TV): $6.18/hr
(TO): [Pay: 2.40] [Fair: 4.39] [Comm: 2.14] [Fast: 3.96]
Description:
This survey will take you around 5-10 minutes. Please concentrate and do not take break during the survey.
Time: 45 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 6
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Exc: [-1822629909-121849] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

Easy enough

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: ADULT CONTENT: Given two images of women, Pick the image that you like more | Accept
Requester: Ilia Chinkarev [A3L74TZHA28PRS] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$5.98] [Pay=2.67] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.73] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=12] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.03
Duration: 5:00
Available: 7
Description: Given two images of women side by side, Pick the image that you like the most. You need to do it 50 times to get the reward.
Qualifications: Location In GB, US; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Sets panda...[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Azazael

nmelssx

Reaction score
Other than the Adult Content Qualification from Amazon Mechanical Turk Team, did you guys do most or all of the other qualification from them as well? Just curious.

Reactions: teal4life

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
there's even a little button, now, that asks if I want to 'speed up' my order. Not a chance. I don't want prime - I don't even like Amazon a lot. And I HATE that they raise the prices on things, based on your browsing. I think all prices should be the same, always.
I think it's unethical (jmo).
Wait, what? They raise prices based on your browsing?

I never noticed that. I love Prime, but I don't pay full price for it as I always get months added on for late arrivals. And I prefer my stuff faster.

Also, I compare prices. Like, I just ordered cat food and detergent on Amazon but it's much cheaper there than what I would pay at Target.

Now I'm going to watch for them raising prices. I know prices sometimes fluctuate but I never saw a pattern (for example, the mouthwash my kid needed when he had braces was only available on Amazon, and sometimes it would be more expensive, but sometimes it would be way cheaper, and I would just bulk order when the price dropped. It was from a third party seller, tho.)

Reactions: jan

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Other than the Adult Content Qualification from Amazon Mechanical Turk Team, did you guys do most or all of the other qualification from them as well? Just curious.
Yes. I've done them all and update them. If you don't do them, you will be excluded from a lot of hits. NOT doing them prevents you from being qualified for all the hits that use them.

For example, if you don't do the one that asks for your age, and a hit uses the age qual, you won't be qualified at all as you have none of the age quals assigned.

cassius

Reaction score
only somewhat related because it's not a shipping problem but I'm waiting on a package that isn't supposed to be here until Wednesday and I'm pretty sure I'd cut a few of my fingers off to have it right now
as long as it's not a nail polish and manicure set.:jawdrop:

Reactions: themildone and jan

Azazael

Reaction score
Title: ADULT CONTENT: Given two images of women, Pick the image that you like more | Accept
Requester: Ilia Chinkarev [A3L74TZHA28PRS] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$5.98] [Pay=2.67] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.73] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=12] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.03
Duration: 5:00
Available: 7
Description: Given two images of women side by side, Pick the image that you like the most. You need to do it 50 times to get the reward.
Qualifications: Location In GB, US; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Sets panda...[/td][/tr]

o_O 50x each hit.....

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Did you do most of them? Also, are most of them hidden qualifications? I'm curious, because I don't think I've ever seen a HIT with qualification like Male = 1, or Female = 1, in the qualification's description box. But then again, when I'm searching for HITs I've always had the checkbox marked "HITs you are qualified for" checked so I might've missed them.
Like I said in the post I quoted, you won't see the HITs for which you don't qualify, with premium quals, regardless of whether you have no answer(male, when they need female, etc) or the wrong answer. If they need females, for instance, if you haven't done the qual, you still don't match as female.

More simply if male is 1, female is 2, no answer is 0. The HIT would only be visible to the people with the value they need. Just because you hadn't done the qual(have a 0) doesn't mean you'd be able to see both 1's and 2's. You'd see neither.

Reactions: tricker
Status
Not open for further replies.