12/31 - New Year's Eve Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Sorry, not directed at you :) Referring to the description: "Additionally, you must not be diagnosed and/or taking medication for ADHD." Seems a little rude to me...
I feel like that disqualifies like 75% of the people who grew up the same time I did, but I'm over 25 soo... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

charlie

Reaction score
Title: View photos, make ratings, and press keys in response to images | Accept
Requester: John Crowell [A3CRJXHHZY92RV] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 8.00
Duration: 4:00:00
Available: 1
Description: To perform this task, you MUST be between 18-25 years old, a native English speaker, and reside in the US. Additionally, you must not be diagnosed and/or taking medication for ADHD. You will not be able to perform this task on mobile devises or iPADS. The
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
and i'm pretty sure it probably uses inquisit too. nope, i'm out.
i mean, i'd be out anyways because of the age limit but still.. i hate inquisit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kennedy

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Sorry, not directed at you :) Referring to the description: "Additionally, you must not be diagnosed and/or taking medication for ADHD." Seems a little rude to me...
I'd say more than half of the consent forms I see ask if you've been diagnosed with any psychiatric issues, you can't participate. ADHD being a mental disorder of the neurodevelopmental type, I think it falls under that category. It's not to be mean, they just need data from a specific group.

Last edited:

nmelssx

Reaction score
https://worker.mturk.com/requesters/AXKBO5V1Y75RL/projects?page_size=25&filters[qualified]=false&filters[masters]=false&sort=updated_desc&filters[min_reward]=

It's an Amazon Profile(premium) qualification. If you don't have that, you're missing A LOT! It should be one of the first things you do.
Oh man...What about all the other qualifications from Amazon Mechanical Turk Team? Do you recommend I do them too, or will they limit the type of HITs we get?

Edit: Also, I just did the test for the Adult Content qualification. I couldn't find the Adult Content qualification on that link, but there was 9 other qualifications there, so I search up an old forum post, and got the direct link there. There was only 2 questions. How long do you think it'll take for it to get approved?

Last edited:

SmolAliens

Reaction score
I'd say more than half of the consent forms I see ask if you've been diagnosed with any psychiatric issues, you can't participate. ADHD being a mental disorder of the neurodevelopmental type, I think it falls under that category. It's not to be mean, they just need data from a specific group.
I'm diagnosed, I know what it is, lol.

I don't think it would affect data negatively. In fact, if it's just a general survey/not specific to neuro differences, it makes one's sample much less representative to exclude people based on neurotype. Neurodivergence =/= mental illness. Wish more people understood that.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Of course. If I know for sure I've just done the survey, I'll return it. Definitely wouldn't want to risk that rejection anyways. But sometimes it's hard to keep track of every single surveys you've done, you know? Especially when you do a lot of them, and they're all posted on different days.
See this post. https://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/1397938/
Oh man...What about all the other qualifications from Amazon Mechanical Turk Team? Do you recommend I do them too, or will they limit the type of HITs we get?

Edit: Also, I just did the test for the Adult Content qualification. There was only 2 questions. How long do you think it'll take for it to get approved?
No, they won't limit HITs unless you don't do them.
See this. https://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/1389450/

Also, not doing them because you're afraid they may DQ from things, they would only DQ you for things you aren't qualified for. That shouldn't be a problem if you're doing ethical work and not doing things you aren't qualified for.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm diagnosed, I know what it is, lol.

I don't think it would affect data negatively. In fact, if it's just a general survey/not specific to neuro differences, it makes one's sample much less representative to exclude people based on neurotype. Neurodivergence =/= mental illness. Wish more people understood that.
Neither of us know what data they are trying to acquire, nor the dataset they're trying to represent. If you want real world representation, I'm sure you're right. They may not need that.

Reactions: SmolAliens

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Complete sentences with a single word | Accept
Requester: Mallorie Leinenger [ARY8R3Z6BGILR] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$32.04] [Pay=5.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=17.06] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 5.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Provide the word that you think is likely to come next in an incomplete sentence.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

nmelssx

Reaction score
See this post. https://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/1397938/

No, they won't limit HITs unless you don't do them.
See this. https://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/1389450/

Also, not doing them because you're afraid they may DQ from things, they would only DQ you for things you aren't qualified for. That shouldn't be a problem if you're doing ethical work and not doing things you aren't qualified for.
How many of those qualifications are there of Amazon Turk Team, anyways? I see 9 of them on the link you posted, but I don't see the Adult Content one among them. I had to search up an old forum post to get the direct link. Is there more?

SmolAliens

Reaction score
I love how Amazon thinks that by holding my order in the warehouse for an extra four days, it will make me get Prime.
:disapprove:
Oof, they really do that? We have Prime because my boyfriend has it and I reap the benefits...can't live without it nowadays lol

Reactions: jan

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I love how Amazon thinks that by holding my order in the warehouse for an extra four days, it will make me get Prime.
:disapprove:
only somewhat related because it's not a shipping problem but I'm waiting on a package that isn't supposed to be here until Wednesday and I'm pretty sure I'd cut a few of my fingers off to have it right now

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
How many of those qualifications are there of Amazon Turk Team, anyways? I see 9 of them on the link you posted, but I don't see the Adult Content one among them. I had to search up an old forum post to get the direct link. Is there more?
Not sure. Never counted them. No idea if there are more. They add more, when they feel the need, I think. But, basic demo information usually doesn't need many additions.

SmolAliens

Reaction score
It's not just you, we have Prime and lately, everything has been kind of bad for getting here.
This is true. I was browsing for a few things yesterday and everything listed as '2-day shipping' had an ETA of Thursday/Friday. (And we live in a city with a major warehouse an hour away/DC 20 minutes away.)

Reactions: jan and teal4life
Status
Not open for further replies.