mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
o_O 50x each hit.....
Yea, that was terrible. At some point a "Get Reward" button showed up, but I wasn't paying close enough attention to know when. Also, this:

You can participate in this task only up to 1 time(s) a day
Thank you for your participation!

Reactions: Azazael and jan

nmelssx

Reaction score
Like I said in the post I quoted, you won't see the HITs for which you don't qualify, with premium quals, regardless of whether you have no answer(male, when they need female, etc) or the wrong answer. If they need females, for instance, if you haven't done the qual, you still don't match as female.

More simply if male is 1, female is 2, no answer is 0. The HIT would only be visible to the people with the value they need. Just because you hadn't done the qual(have a 0) doesn't mean you'd be able to see both 1's and 2's. You'd see neither.
I'll definitely need to do them all then. How long do they usually take to approve, btw?

Reactions: teal4life

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Aha. With a short Google search I found that yes, Amazon does change prices. However, so do other online retailers. It's not just Amazon. And I already knew the trick of adding stuff to my cart and just waiting to see if prices drop or if I get an email with a "deal." I've done this with many retailers, not just Amazon. Leave stuff in your cart long enough and they either drop the price or send you a discount coupon.

I still price compare wherever I order. Amazon is sometimes way more expensive than other places. But just recently with the large bag of cat food I ordered, it was many dollars cheaper than I get it at Target or pet stores so...ordered thru Amazon.

Reactions: jan and teal4life

FunBacon

Reaction score
Title: Societal Values and Work Practices(~ 4 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Anna Chen [AVJYR0VQM15DO] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$6.20] [Pay=2.33] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.38] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=10] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=6.79] [Pen=0.04 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 9
Description: A study to to understand laypersons' view about workplace practices when they are embedded in different societal values.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Exc: [-1567956348-121847] DoesNotExist ; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'll definitely need to do them all then. How long do they usually take to approve, btw?
They don't have to be approved, just updated to our account. It can take up to 24hrs, I guess. It takes the same time as any qualification to be updated to your account, once added. Not long but, no idea. That's internal AMT stuff.

nmelssx

Reaction score
They don't have to be approved, just updated to our account. It can take up to 24hrs, I guess. It takes the same time as any qualification to be updated to your account, once added. Not long but, no idea. That's internal AMT stuff.
Like most approved qualifications, they'll send you an email once it's added, right?

Reactions: Jerami

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Aha. With a short Google search I found that yes, Amazon does change prices. However, so do other online retailers. It's not just Amazon. And I already knew the trick of adding stuff to my cart and just waiting to see if prices drop or if I get an email with a "deal." I've done this with many retailers, not just Amazon. Leave stuff in your cart long enough and they either drop the price or send you a discount coupon.

I still price compare wherever I order. Amazon is sometimes way more expensive than other places. But just recently with the large bag of cat food I ordered, it was many dollars cheaper than I get it at Target or pet stores so...ordered thru Amazon.
camelcamelcamel is a good site for Amazon price checking also!

Reactions: jan and FrenchToast

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Like most approved qualifications, they'll send you an email once it's added, right?
No. It's just a profile update. You can search your qualifications page to see them and see if they've been updated.

Last edited:

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score

I take great pride in avoiding brick and mortar stores except 7-eleven. Have gotten great discounts by adding to cart and waiting, like an Anime movie we wanted for 18 instead of the 50 dollars they wanted at first. I also always use Swag Bucks to get a little extra back. I only cash out on them maybe 3 times a year, but 75 dollars a year extra is fine to me.

Reactions: jan

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So i watched a news story on this amazon personalized pricing stuff. It did indeed show prices could be different between when you are signed in and when you are incognito. But it also showed that being signed in didn't always make the prices higher. If you routinely only buy products when they are at their lowest prices, that tells amazon it needs to adjust the prices lower to try to hook you.

nmelssx

Reaction score
[Post Deleted].

Last edited:

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
So i watched a news story on this amazon personalized pricing stuff. It did indeed show prices could be different between when you are signed in and when you are incognito. But it also showed that being signed in didn't always make the prices higher. If you routinely only buy products when they are at their lowest prices, that tells amazon it needs to adjust the prices lower to try to hook you.
Yeah, excepting the mouthwash for my kid which could get pretty spendy depending on availability, I've noticed the stuff I buy regularly doesn't change much. If it did, I wouldn't buy it!

For stuff I don't buy regularly I'll see what it's selling for elsewhere and if it's comparable pricing on Amazon I just order it.

Reactions: jan and cyberwasp

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
If you are a Prime member and/or routinely buy stuff online, I highly suggest you check out Paribus if you don't use it already. It monitors prices of things you've bought and gets money back for you, and also free months of Prime if your Amazon deliveries are late.

jan

Reaction score
okay, I'm headed out to the market.
My daughter wants a store bought treat for the new year (I'm thinking pizza.......she's probably thinking ice cream.........)
:DCI:

nmelssx

Reaction score
No. It's just a profile update. You can search your qualifications page to see them and see if they've been updated.
Are they listed by dates? There no search bar, nor any sort by button. I don't see any of the recent ones I just did in the pending qualifications tab, either.

Reactions: Despairagus

jan

Reaction score
If you are a Prime member and/or routinely buy stuff online, I highly suggest you check out Paribus if you don't use it already. It monitors prices of things you've bought and gets money back for you, and also free months of Prime if your Amazon deliveries are late.
I installed Honey - I don't know paribus (I'll have to check that out)
https://www.joinhoney.com/features/amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.