10/04 - Textured Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
we do need that day off.

ridiculous holidays are like 75% of how I can even deal with working for the local government without losing my mind.
Never had Columbus Day off, but we got most election days off. I find that weird, but never complaining about any days they want me to stay in my nice warm bed a little longer.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hey now you shush, I love my Columbus day off as well as Veteran's day
You can have all the days off in the world. I'm just saying that we don't have to give them a name for you to take it off. My reasoning is that he landed in the West Indes. When do they celebrate Columbus Day? I'm guessing they call it New Diseases Day, or something.:)

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Never had Columbus Day off, but we got most election days off. I find that weird, but never complaining about any days they want me to stay in my nice warm bed a little longer.
I live in VA, we also get Lee-Jackson day. it makes MLK Day a Four Day Weekend lol

Reactions: Liz and Kennedy

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
We rented a duplex for $425 a month..but most places around here are over $600 in rent. Which is crazy because we aren't a rich town. Most people who rent are paying more than we are for our house payment.

Reactions: themildone

savvy

Reaction score
You can have all the days off in the world. I'm just saying that we don't have to give them a name for you to take it off. My reasoning is that he landed in the West Indes. When do they celebrate Columbus Day? I'm guessing they call it New Diseases Day, or something.:)
Also true... we can change it to whatever name we want lol

savvy

Reaction score
We rented a duplex for $425 a month..but most places around here are over $600 in rent. Which is crazy because we aren't a rich town. Most people who rent are paying more than we are for our house payment.

Three of us live stacked in a townhouse right now, haha, at $550ish each. Its....cozy?

Edit: Plus two dogs, two cats and two rabbits haha

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Yay! Can't believe I missed getting this when it showed up before. But I have it now! Bring on the good hits.

You are receiving this email because a requester has granted you the following qualification:

Qualification: Adelaide Basic Qualification
Requester: Adelaide CompCogSci
Qualification Value: 1

jan

Reaction score
We go down this path a lot in this thread.

I don't wanna talk about rent. y'all stress me out. I'm not as bad as Despairagus @Despairagus but it's pretty bad where i'm at.

My brother and his wife live in hoboken and the rent they pay is ridic. though they get waaaaay more space than when they lived in Queens. and they can have dogs now.
I can see the appeal.

But, hoboken.........

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
Honestly that sounds amazing though.
It is pretty cool. It really needs some more renovations though, like insulation. Winter is rough. This year we are installing and outdoor wood burner though, so fingers crossed its not too bad.

Reactions: Despairagus

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I live in VA, we also get Lee-Jackson day. it makes MLK Day a Four Day Weekend lol
Hey! I need a cool Indiana-only Holiday (to take off of work, of course). I'm thinking Giant pork tenderloin day (although I don't eat pork that isn't bacon. I think those who do should be celebrated by us all by taking a paid day off.)

Reactions: Liz and savvy

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Three of us live stacked in a townhouse right now, haha, at $550ish each. Its....cozy?

Edit: Plus two dogs, two cats and two rabbits haha
Nope! Couldn't do it! That's so crazy expensive to me. You folks move to Arkansas. I have a lake here. You'd like it.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Seeing other people's rent gives me anxiety attacks. $550/month plus all utilities for a 2 bed/1 bath remodeled church (circa 1848) on an acre for me. 1000ish livable sq ft plus lots of storage. We've been here 5 years and cant find anything comparable, so we stay until we can but or find a better rental.
see that's more in line with what I'm used to seeing lol

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Business Expo is today in town. I'm going to go and get all the free pens I can....
Always stock up when its Business Expo day lol

Reactions: Despairagus

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
Ah propane that is now fun.
I shudder when i think of filling that 1000lb tank. we can go through that in 6-8 weeks if we rely entirely on the propane furnace too.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It is pretty cool. It really needs some more renovations though, like insulation. Winter is rough. This year we are installing and outdoor wood burner though, so fingers crossed its not too bad.
Insulation a problem in Michigan that sounds...cold.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
I do like that name better actually.

savvy

Reaction score
I can see the appeal.

But, hoboken.........
They actually hate living near NYC now, but they cannot get as good of jobs as they have there. My sis in law is the director of product design and experience for A&E...and does a lot of VR stuff. They're stuck for now.

Reactions: jan and Despairagus
Status
Not open for further replies.