10/04 - Textured Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
It is pretty cool. It really needs some more renovations though, like insulation. Winter is rough. This year we are installing and outdoor wood burner though, so fingers crossed its not too bad.
I have a wood burner in my garage, pipes into my house, saves me A TON on heating.

Reactions: FrenchToast

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
Still can't get those Taste of the World hits to submit. Oh well I guess I wasn't meant to have that qual.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
But our lake is so nice! One of the best!
But I understand. I like living away from civilization lol
I'm weird. I want to live in the woods.

But only like an hour or so from civilization. VA and NC has a lot of that though. Cheap woodsy living with a larger town within an hour. Just gotta get a job in that part of VA

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
I have a wood burner in my garage, pipes into my house, saves me A TON on heating.
I am hoping! The past few years weve used pellet stoves in the house, and can maintain 65ish, the floors are COLD because the basement isnt heated that way. We are piping the woodstove in from an outbuilding/insulated shed and right into basement ducts. We were looking into outdoor boilers but $$$.

Reactions: Liz

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So, does super near the trains mean they are above ground? :spaz:(or below ground)?:zen:
Defo subway... I hope. I just sent this to hubs "Hey I found us a new apartment!" hah

edit: ew wait maybe not defo subway in that part of town... yikes.

Reactions: jan

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score

But only like an hour or so from civilization. VA and NC has a lot of that though. Cheap woodsy living with a larger town within an hour. Just gotta get a job in that part of VA
This is ideal, except I have cornfields and woods surrounding me. I have a larger city about 30 minutes away, and a few more within an hour. And peace and quiet at home.

savvy

Reaction score
This is ideal, except I have cornfields and woods surrounding me. I have a larger city about 30 minutes away, and a few more within an hour. And peace and quiet at home.
see? perfect.

cornfields are acceptable.

savvy

Reaction score
if i were married i could probably live further from civilization. but i don't want to set myself up for failure while i'm single, incapable of meeting anyone ever again lol

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

I grew up in that sort of location. It's about 30 minutes from me now (I just live in a bit bigger town). I loved it growing up, but I need to be closer to everything. My anxiety wouldn't let me drive to town if I lived out in the boonies again LOL

Reactions: savvy

JDS

Slippin' Jimmy
Reaction score
I still don't know how to post hits to the forum, but you can take as many of these "Read 5 stories, answer 4 questions" as you like, they pay pretty good.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
I am hoping! The past few years weve used pellet stoves in the house, and can maintain 65ish, the floors are COLD because the basement isnt heated that way. We are piping the woodstove in from an outbuilding/insulated shed and right into basement ducts. We were looking into outdoor boilers but $$$.
They work GREAT, we heat our entire house with it.

Joomster

Contributor
Reaction score
return verification?
Popup when you hit Return. "Are you sure you want to return this HIT?"

EDIT: OHH I bet it's part of the Mturk Suite. I was tinkering around with that last night.
EDIT: It was!!! Sorry for the grumpy Joomy

Last edited:
Reactions: Despairagus

Joomster

Contributor
Reaction score
Ignore this post! Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.