10/04 - Textured Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
we only have one bedroom, but we've got a dishwasher, so that's nice.

Before I met my husband I almost rented a room in Harlem, near Central Park, that was something like 200 sqft for ~$800 a month. That was like maybe 15 years ago though, so now it's probably a 2k "micro apartment" It was essentially a closet with a sink and a toilet.
ugh. 200sq ft?! that's nuts. The cheapest apartment I ever had was a studio for $350, but it was HUGE, the one right next to it was the same size and they reno'd it into a 2 bedroom, to give you an idea of how big it was.

Reactions: Despairagus

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Good morning.

What's making me happy today (since you asked :wink: ): two multi-day assessments, each with email blasts coming in once or twice a day, both ended this morning...thank FSM. :pray:
Was one of them from Maria. Because I have one ending today and am glad for it, although it was easy enough.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
Seeing other people's rent gives me anxiety attacks. $550/month plus all utilities for a 2 bed/1 bath remodeled church (circa 1848) on an acre for me. 1000ish livable sq ft plus lots of storage. We've been here 5 years and cant find anything comparable, so we stay until we can but or find a better rental.

EnterNameHere

Contributor
Reaction score
Was one of them from Maria. Because I have one ending today and am glad for it, although it was easy enough.
Yes, Maria : puke:, easy enough but no better than $7-8/hr on the pay I think... and the S@TR sleep study.

Reactions: Kennedy

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
we do need that day off.

ridiculous holidays are like 75% of how I can even deal with working for the local government without losing my mind.
SAME!!!!

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seeing other people's rent gives me anxiety attacks. $550/month plus all utilities for a 2 bed/1 bath remodeled church (circa 1848) on an acre for me. 1000ish livable sq ft plus lots of storage. We've been here 5 years and cant find anything comparable, so we stay until we can but or find a better rental.
Damn what state is that.

Reactions: jan

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
We go down this path a lot in this thread.

I don't wanna talk about rent. y'all stress me out. I'm not as bad as Despairagus @Despairagus but it's pretty bad where i'm at.

My brother and his wife live in hoboken and the rent they pay is ridic. though they get waaaaay more space than when they lived in Queens. and they can have dogs now.

Reactions: jan and Despairagus

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
ugh. 200sq ft?! that's nuts. The cheapest apartment I ever had was a studio for $350, but it was HUGE, the one right next to it was the same size and they reno'd it into a 2 bedroom, to give you an idea of how big it was.
But it was Harlem! And the building was legit RIGHT looking over Central Park. Honestly if we had the money and that place was still there, I'd probably rent it now. My daily commute back then would've been like walking through the park and then down either 5th or Avenue of the Americas to Herald Square (or taking the subway like a normal human) UGH. I would've felt like Mary Tyler Moore.

Husband is from Ohio and we could rent a big old victorian for less than what we pay here, but... idk location location location, I guess. I don't think I could leave the city and the beach behind. Or the mountains.

Reactions: savvy

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
We go down this path a lot in this thread.

I don't wanna talk about rent. y'all stress me out. I'm not as bad as Despairagus @Despairagus but it's pretty bad where i'm at.

My brother and his wife live in hoboken and the rent they pay is ridic. though they get waaaaay more space than when they lived in Queens. and they can have dogs now.
Hoboken is the new cool spot! I'm jealous of them and do not want to know what they pay b/c barforama.

ThatsNotMyName

Is it Nap time yet?
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Read 5 very short stories, answer 4 short questions about each (5 min). | Accept
Requester: Fritz Breithaupt [A4OBNQLPCRGYV] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.29] [Pay=3.56] [Fast=null] [Comm=5.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.42] [Fast=4.89] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=28] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=5.73] [Pen=2.00 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=50%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: We will show you 5 short text (1-5 sentences) and ask you which emotions are involved and other questions about the stories.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Despairagus

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
Damn what state is that.
Michigan but its at the suuuuper low end of rent. I'd say average for this size house would be 1000+. We definitely end up paying that though between electric and propane.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Honestly that sounds amazing though.

Reactions: Liz
Status
Not open for further replies.