01/13 - Self Gratification Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloHello

Reaction score
I am going to go curl up with the latest Louise Penny mystery (unfortunately, I will then have read them all, sigh) and keep an ear out for Hit Catcher as it hasn't been productive for me looking for hits today.

Reactions: Michele

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
This is a change.org petition started to get Amazon to keep sending out the weekly worker reports. Even if you don't care, please sign it for those of us who do.
https://www.change.org/p/mturk-work...m_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition
Y'all, don't forget it also says in the email:
"If you feel this report is helpful to you then please contact us mturk-worker-support@amazon.com with your feedback."
They're probably pretty likely to read the emails they asked for.

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Now that I think about it amazon really should have in depth spreadsheets and charts and shit built into the dashboard at this point. That kind of thing isn't even that hard to do. Would make the weekly report email unnecessary.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You continually amaze me. :evillaugh: I think you should run for President. You could probably do that in your spare time and win. :cheers:
I'm sorry. I slept most of the day after being up all night learning to code HTML. That was a great movie though, right? I watched it so many times that the tape stretched on the the DeathBlossom scene. I actually thought about running for president after Drumpf won. I figured that if he can win on the platform of "honesty in DC" and "shaking things up in the swamp", I could probably win easily on a platform of honesty and shaking things up productively. Then I thought about actually doing the job and realized I probably don't want it. But, I'm pretty sure I could get someone else to win and be the puppet master.
:excellent:

Does Amazon have access to the email address info used to sign the petition?
Pretty sure, no. Also, as much as everyone is joking that you're going to be on some list for wanting your weekly report to keep coming , it's a bit silly. If they read the emails at all, I'm sure they'll be deleted after reading. there's no benefit for them to keep them and, it would just clutter some inbox. If you were put on a list, it would be a list of workers who care about the work they are providing and the metrics they are receiving on their performance. I want to be on that list.:)

Last edited:

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Now that I think about it amazon really should have in depth spreadsheets and charts and shit built into the dashboard at this point. That kind of thing isn't even that hard to do. Would make the weekly report email unnecessary.
My bank's website generates all kinds of reports. It's a bit of work up front but you could then just shunt out weekly, monthly, or quarterly reports (for people who pay quarterly taxes for example).

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
That's been my point since it left "Beta". The Dashboard is nearly useless. I mean, it has most of the info that I need but, it lacks any functionality.

Especially with the power behind AWS, there should be as much info as if I used AWS for business.

Last edited:

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
Does Amazon have access to the email address info used to sign the petition?
I'm pretty sure when you sign there is a little box that asks if you want to share your comment/info. Even still I don't see how Amazon would be able to see the email addresses of the people who signed. Even more still, i don't see there being any downside to amazon knowing you want to keep receiving the reports.

Edit: Having said all that, don't do anything your not comfortable with.

Last edited:

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Picture Naming Experiment 1 | Accept
Requester: Nozari Lab [AOHQOH16HWQJM] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.42] [Pay=4.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.52] [Fast=4.06] [Comm=3.77] [Fair=4.06] [Reviews=25] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=12.00] [Pen=0.04 days] [Res=100%] [Rec=25%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 9.00
Duration: 3:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Participate in a study to understand typing. You will type the names of pictures as quickly as you can. The task can be completed in less than an hour (not including optional breaks). There is a short test of typing accuracy and speed at the beginning to determine eligibility.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Merovign

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
That's been my point since it left "Beta". The Dashboard is nearly useless. I mean, it has most of the info that I need but, it lacks any functionality.
Maybe he chose to save that money he could have spent to improve it to pay his divorce lawyer?

Reactions: Jerami

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
I mean, if they thought a lot of people didn't want the weekly report, why not just make it switchable in settings.

I'm scratching my head at the thought of an information-driven organization saying "less information, please."

I mean, Ignored mine this week because it's pathetic but that doesn't mean I don't store the information for later. I do strongly prefer to have the ability to run basic reports from Dashboard, though, given my choice.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sorry. I slept most of the day after being up all night learning to code HTML. That was a great movie though, right? I watched it so many times that the tape stretched on the the DeathBlossom scene. I actually thought about running for president after Drumpf won. I figured that if he can win on the platform of "honesty in DC" and "shaking things up in the swamp", I could probably win easily on a platform of honesty and shaking things up productively. Then I thought about actually doing the job and realized I probably don't want it. But, I'm pretty sure I could get someone else to win and be the puppet master.
"Drumpf": LOL. I had the same script for a while. LOL

I don't even remember seeing the movie so I might have to look it up.

"...shaking things up productively." Very discerning. The job of POTUS pretty much sucks, one reason being that POTUS has to make all the decisions that others can't make and because defecation floats to the top. :) You go out and win the election, and I'll gladly be the puppet. :cheers:

Reactions: Jerami
Status
Not open for further replies.