01/13 - Self Gratification Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score
meh. i'll skip the Toli hits tonight. just transferred over the $2.40 that was paid out earlier today. i'll start back tomorrow.
They're gone already. Went much faster than they have been

charlie

Reaction score
They're gone already. Went much faster than they have been
just confirms my desire not to do any turking today. i'll go to bed happy that the Pats and Saints won today.

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
One of the people who needed my proof of income said that the fact that they were emails from Amazon was good. I dunno.. hopefully I won't have issues.
Amazon payment withdrawal history maybe?

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
i cant think of one logical reason mturk would get rid of weekly reports outside of cutting costs or saving time

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
i cant think of one logical reason mturk would get rid of weekly reports outside of cutting costs or saving time
Experiment to test their customer support and community involvement? (How many emails they get, how they're handled, whether people seem placated?) :tinfoil:

Reactions: Peachy

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
I did 40 of them with a bonus of $3.98. Not bad.
with 10 cent bonus i just calculated about $10/hr. yesterday bonuses were going up to 16 cents on some and it was much better. still worth doing if nothing else is going on

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
with 10 cent bonus i just calculated about $10/hr. yesterday bonuses were going up to 16 cents on some and it was much better. still worth doing if nothing else is going on
Is that with accounting for the occasional fails?

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
well it'll be different for everyone. but this was with one failure, yes, and mostly 80% bonuses

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Ryan Buell for work related to 3TX9T2ZCB809KVUMIM1X0PFJ9PBZWE.
The value of your bonus is: $0.10 USD

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Fabian M. H. Schellhaas for work related to 3B9J25CZ25JPGOHMJQ5KQ702KFPCS8.
The value of your bonus is: $0.05 USD

Who wants pizza? I can now afford half of a topping.

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I must take too long on the Toli Beans because i just don't see them paying enough to be anything but filler work.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I wasn't given a HIT completion code at the end of the Criminal Justice survey. Only a message that reads
"We thank you for your time spent completing this survey. Your response has been recorded."
How should I handle this? I can't submit the HIT without the completion code.
I just submitted the same three digit code to mTurk HIT page that I was asked to cut and paste on the final page of the survey. If that is not good enough, I'll contact the requester if a rejection comes.

Re: Quiet - just thought it's because I've only had 190 completed HITS under my belt so I wasn't seeing a lot of ones that require more experienced workers.

I think the R&D Contract HIT must be for suckers. Just from previous real life experience, I don't find a lot of execs post their emails on their website and I'm sure it's an automatic rejection if you do the HIT and only provide a name and title and leave the email blank (with the instructions not saying to what to if there is no email address).

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
I think the R&D Contract HIT must be for suckers. Just from previous real life experience, I don't find a lot of execs post their emails on their website and I'm sure it's an automatic rejection if you do the HIT and only provide a name and title and leave the email blank (with the instructions not saying to what to if there is no email address).
i tried two. no email addresses found. you're right

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
I must take too long on the Toli Beans because i just don't see them paying enough to be anything but filler work.
they take me like 30-40 seconds

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah.. maybe... at least it says "earnings disbursement" on it. :)
If they complained at that point bank statements would confirm the deposits, as long as you do them fairly regularly.

Reactions: Turtlefemm

IndividualRace

Reaction score
Do I want to do the dot motion task? On one hand, it's $6 + bonus. On the other, "dot motion task" sounds like it will mentally drag on. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.

Reactions: Despairagus

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score
I did 40 of them with a bonus of $3.98. Not bad.
Nice I only got to 7 because I was in the middle of something.

Last night they lasted long enough to do over 100.

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Do I want to do the dot motion task? On one hand, it's $6 + bonus. On the other, "dot motion task" sounds like it will mentally drag on. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.
Sounds like a toughy, I mean I could try it out for you and let you know how it goes.

Reactions: Michele
Status
Not open for further replies.