01/13 - Self Gratification Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Maybe he chose to save that money he could have spent to improve it to pay his divorce lawyer?
Is that why someone mentioned he's losing a bunch of cash? A divorce? I miss shit like this sometimes(most times). It's why I lose quiz nights. Limited pop culture knowledge. I'm sure he'll be fine.

Reactions: ChristopherASA

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Even more still, i don't see there being any downside to amazon knowing you want to keep receiving the reports.
I'm thinking worst cases here (because that's what my personality seems to be. :wink: While the petition seems harmless/good feedback for Amazon if they take note of the number of people signing it, I could see where they could be ticked off someone started a petition and potentially thousands signed it and may want to figure out who the signers are and terminate their MTurk accounts.

BTW, the reports are not useful to me even though I signed the petition for others. I use cash basis for my gigs so it's not revenue to me and ready to be recorded in my accounting software and I pay the various taxes on it until I have the cash in hand. I also recommend Gnucash for your bookkeepig software - its open source and free unlike the name brand accounting packages out there that have a cost to buy or a continuing subscription cost if they are cloud based.

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Is that why someone mentioned he's losing a bunch of cash? A divorce? I miss shit like this sometimes(most times). It's why I lose quiz nights. Limited pop culture knowledge. I'm sure he'll be fine.
I only even found out because of this forum, something about him cheating on the wife with some lady. He sent her a bunch of fruity text messages like "I want to smell you" and now he's getting a divorce. Sure, he's got tons of money either way, but losing half of it and all the negative press going around. Shame I didn't buy into them a few years ago when they were at 600 and getting ready to do a split. Looks like its back to 1600s.

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
"Self doubt is a very good seedbed for progress. And, humility, a very good fertilizer."
:)

Reactions: HelloHello

HelloHello

Reaction score
Bezos oughta crawl back on his hands and knees . . . the only mistake he hasn't made was taking up with a young one . . . his girlfriend was responsible for the release of the texts and photos!

charlie

Reaction score
looks awful slow tonight. i've been out all day so haven't been around. been this way all day?

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
looks awful slow tonight. i've been out all day so haven't been around. been this way all day?
Pretty much, not a whole lot of anything today. 20.62 PE with 3.75 in the queue.

IndividualRace

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Ryan Buell for work related to ....
The value of your bonus is: $0.05 USD

The Requester included this note:
Bonus payment for 2 minute academic study. Thank you for participating!

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer if the address supplied matches the address on the website of the given URL. | Accept
Requester: Zachary Elliott [A25FMDSQH98IOJ] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.04
Duration: 5:00
Available: 94
Description: We are trying to verify whether or not a specific website matches a specific business. We are verifying this through matching addresses.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Anybody else get a canned response from the Mturk team about the weekly reports?
Canned emails make me feel :angry2: but I'm convincing myself to be :zen:.

Belkor

Reaction score
Looks that way though. Doesn't seem like there have been much in the last couple of hours.

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score
Toli Bean just posted a bunch of hits

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score
You can always export from HIT Tracker but I felt like the email from the company was more like getting a paycheck stub.
One of the people who needed my proof of income said that the fact that they were emails from Amazon was good. I dunno.. hopefully I won't have issues.

Reactions: C to the J

charlie

Reaction score
meh. i'll skip the Toli hits tonight. just transferred over the $2.40 that was paid out earlier today. i'll start back tomorrow.

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
I wasn't given a HIT completion code at the end of the Criminal Justice survey. Only a message that reads
"We thank you for your time spent completing this survey. Your response has been recorded."
How should I handle this? I can't submit the HIT without the completion code.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I wasn't given a HIT completion code at the end of the Criminal Justice survey. Only a message that reads
"We thank you for your time spent completing this survey. Your response has been recorded."
How should I handle this? I can't submit the HIT without the completion code.
Submit with your worker ID as the code and use the contact feature to message the requester.

Status
Not open for further replies.