01/13 - Self Gratification Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vandaria

Reaction score
Hello all! Massive lurker and re-getting back into Mturk, thank you for mentioning the Tolis. I just saw the qualification pop up and I did it and was approved! Now I am terrified to do them but at least the first part is out of the way lol

IndividualRace

Reaction score
Hello all! Massive lurker and re-getting back into Mturk, thank you for mentioning the Tolis. I just saw the qualification pop up and I did it and was approved! Now I am terrified to do them but at least the first part is out of the way lol
Hi!
Congrats and good luck!
Nothing to be scared of! I think worst case scenario is you get the qual pulled, but not a rejection or block.

Reactions: vandaria

vandaria

Reaction score
Hi!
Congrats and good luck!
Nothing to be scared of! I think worst case scenario is you get the qual pulled, but not a rejection or block.
Thank you! And that is good to know. I am only at 4400ish HITs with 4 rejections, 3 of which were from a requester that is notorious for random rejections but I had to build up to 1000 at the time so =( Anyway left me semi paranoid after that lol though I know if I keep doing my best and get the HITs completed number up, it won't be so terrible, but until then :sweat:

kb64

Clueless Person
Reaction score
Guys, if possible then can you request to few of the requesters to include location of India too in the requirement? It would be great help if few good hits are available to work on!

thewupk

Reaction score
So I take it that if you don't get a bonus on a tolli bean it means you really sucked at answering the questions?

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So I take it that if you don't get a bonus on a tolli bean it means you really sucked at answering the questions?
You can verify in the daily part of your dashboard. In feedback it will say that you didn't meet the criteria for a bonus.

Reactions: Jerami

kb64

Clueless Person
Reaction score
You can even check your email, it generally gives you 80% but sometimes it is 100%.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
You can even check your email, it generally gives you 80% but sometimes it is 100%.
You wont get an email at all if you didn't get the bonus :wink:

Reactions: Jerami

kb64

Clueless Person
Reaction score
I asked TOLI BEAN: It would be more helpful if you can provide more details on how to distinguish statements in the categories, it is actually difficult to differentiate as more than half of them are just a simple statement which feels as neutral.

Reply:
Expect a lot of neutrals, here are some examples of all categories

NEUTRALS:
:rolleyes: With approximately 449,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.

:rolleyes: Progress and DataRPM are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the US and other countries.

:rolleyes: NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / March 6, 2018 / Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: RIGL ) will be discussing their earnings results in their Q4 Earnings Call to be held on March 6, 2018, at 5:00 PM Eastern Time.

:rolleyes: These sales data recorded by the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation were provided by Black Knight Inc. For information about other residential real estate transactions, visit washingtonpost.com/homesales.

POSITIVES

:rolleyes: Here are the details of the updated guidance: Production: Callon Petroleum expects its full-year output in the band of 31.5-33 thousand barrels of oil equivalent per day (MBoe/d), higher than the prior guided range of 29.5-32 MBoe/d.

:rolleyes: For FY17, Applied Materials recorded a GAAP EPS of $3.17, up 106% compared to $1.54 per share in FY16.

:rolleyes:> SONOCO PRODUCTS CO - Q4 AND FULL-YEAR 2018 BASE EARNINGS GUIDANCE IS BEING RAISED TO $0.79 TO $0.85 AND $3.32 TO $3.38 PER DILUTED SHARE, RESPECTIVELY.

:rolleyes: By Pamela Barbaglia LONDON, Oct 6 (Reuters) - U.S. cable manufacturer General Cable Corp BGC.N has received tentative bids from European rivals Prysmian PRY.MI , Nexans NEXS.PA and NKT NKT.CO , two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, as part of its efforts to find a new owner.

:rolleyes: Shares of GE were last seen up almost 1% at $18.42, with a consensus analyst price target of $23.53 and a 52-week range of $17.46 to $32.38.

NEGATIVES

:rolleyes:> Wall Street now looks for United States Steel's June 2018, second quarter earnings per share to be below that previously projected with a range from $0.88 to $1.48 per share and a consensus of $1.24 per share.

:rolleyes:> Goldman Sachs GS.N down 2 pct, among biggest drags on the Dow Jones industrial average index .DJI , .

:rolleyes:> Chipotle is still recovering from a string of food safety lapses that started in late 2015, including a recent norovirus outbreak at a Virginia restaurant.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
is it better to go bald around your scalp or near the receding area first?
Better for what?:p
i cant think of one logical reason mturk would get rid of weekly reports outside of cutting costs or saving time
I barely think that even time or cost is a factor. The only thing I can think is that they want to remove the "weekly" nature of it. Since, really we all work minute by minute(or more accurately by the job) for Requesters, they want to remove the impression that we are working for Amazon by the week. If that 's the case, they could remove the emails but add a 'metrics page' that would link from the Dashboard and be able to be separated by week or day or any range, separate bonuses, time spent etc. Idk. I can live without out it but, it's nice to have it at a glance. I felt like nearly every enhancement provided by the scripts that enhance the dashboard should have been implemented by Mturk when they came out of beta. They went the other way and included less info. Can't expect too much from Bezos's Coinstar Machine. Requesters pour in buckets of pennies, out comes data which turns into dollars, and Amazon doesn't have to do much but, give it some space in the corner of a server and take their cut. I wish I thought of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peachy

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
I just completed a survey. When I entered my HIT completion code, the screen went back to my sign in screen. When I signed in, it brought me back to the main HITs page. When I clicked on the survey, I couldn't get in, because there were no more HITs available. Am I just out of that money? Will this count against me, or turn into a rejection?

Status
Not open for further replies.