01/13 - Self Gratification Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
I usually ship things flat rate priority mail. They have the boxes and envelopes at the post office. I'm not sure how to ship foodstuffs. They may have a special garlic bread rate.
I'd drop them off myself, but that's 800 miles one way. That'd really get your goose though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikoratos

HelloHello

Reaction score
I've always been afraid to order from them because I don't want them to keep coming back and asking if I want to order more Do you have that problem?
Nah, I told them not to come around unless I had placed an order and they comply with that. I order online cause it's cheaper than ordering off the truck or from the catalog. Their stuff is QUALITY and for a first time order you get a nice discount. Since I generally refuse to pay delivery or shipping charges for anything it took me a while to figure out that for me, a $1.75 delivery charge was better than waiting to make a $50.00 order.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
A good meal and a couple drinks in front of the mountains sounds like a treat. Name the date and I am there :cheers:
So I had four family members die six months apart, took care of my Dad's estate last and thought, "I need to get away for a while." This is where I went; 2nd to Alaska, the most amazing geography I've ever seen. A lovely, lovely rain forest. ( The beaches up there in the park are so wide, they are also designated highways! )

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score
Nah, I told them not to come around unless I had placed an order and they comply with that. I order online cause it's cheaper than ordering off the truck or from the catalog. Their stuff is QUALITY and for a first time order you get a nice discount. Since I generally refuse to pay delivery or shipping charges for anything it took me a while to figure out that for me, a $1.75 delivery charge was better than waiting to make a $50.00 order.
Sounds good Thanks for the response.

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score
So I had four family members die six months apart, took care of my Dad's estate last and thought, "I need to get away for a while." This is where I went; 2nd to Alaska, the most amazing geography I've ever seen. A lovely, lovely rain forest. ( The beaches up there in the park are so wide, they are also designated highways! )

Sorry about your family. Glad you were able to get away for some self care.

lil queen trashmouth

Pile of ham
Contributor
Reaction score

I visited Washington - Seattle, I believe - as a child but I don't remember much, and I certainly didn't see anything like this. Alaska has long been top of my list of places to visit, too. You remind me I need to travel more.

Sorry to hear of such a painful time for you, my friend. It speaks to your character that you chose to surround yourself with great natural beauty in such a dark time.

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd offer you a beer and share my garlic bread with you. Then we could go and do that pizza challenge.
Something about a 11 hour drive sounds draining. I think I would be inclined to take a nap. That's one of the good things about Delaware, you can get anywhere in an hour.

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
Question about (Places Database) Choosing Where A Video Takes Place:

It confused me, because a few times it wouldn't let me progress, stating that I had a couple that were incorrect. I made it to the end of each one that I did. Does that mean I'll get paid for them, or is there still a chance that I clicked incorrectly on some, and will catch a rejection?

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
Something about a 11 hour drive sounds draining. I think I would be inclined to take a nap. That's one of the good things about Delaware, you can get anywhere in an hour.
I drove through once. If I remember correctly it took about an hour.

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
Question about (Places Database) Choosing Where A Video Takes Place:

It confused me, because a few times it wouldn't let me progress, stating that I had a couple that were incorrect. I made it to the end of each one that I did. Does that mean I'll get paid for them, or is there still a chance that I clicked incorrectly on some, and will catch a rejection?
I don't trust those. I've tried a few times. Always 2+ wrong and I must fix them etc... then last time it was like "1 wrong. Submit and risk a block?"

i submitted it and i'm not going to do any more

Reactions: Merovign

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So this is weird. I just grabbed a survey from Prab Sign "Academic Survey about Environmental Purchasing Practices"

But it looked familiar, so I checked and on the 10th I picked up and submitted a survey (still pending) from Prabhjot Signh called "Academic Survey about Environmental Purchasing Practices"

So it looks like it's the same survey with the same requester using two different accounts? And they haven't approved the last round? Obviously I'm not going to do it, but wtf? Why would a requester send out the same survey twice from similar but not identical names?

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
So this is weird. I just grabbed a survey from Prab Sign "Academic Survey about Environmental Purchasing Practices"

But it looked familiar, so I checked and on the 10th I picked up and submitted a survey (still pending) from Prabhjot Signh called "Academic Survey about Environmental Purchasing Practices"

So it looks like it's the same survey with the same requester using two different accounts? And they haven't approved the last round? Obviously I'm not going to do it, but wtf? Why would a requester send out the same survey twice from similar but not identical names?
They liked your opinion so much the first time around, they wanted to extend a second offer?

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
I visited Washington - Seattle, I believe - as a child but I don't remember much, and I certainly didn't see anything like this. Alaska has long been top of my list of places to visit, too. You remind me I need to travel more.

Sorry to hear of such a painful time for you, my friend. It speaks to your character that you chose to surround yourself with great natural beauty in such a dark time.
I went up to the RAIN Forest because I love RAIN. I was there two weeks, and it rained nary a drop. LOL

And you need to travel more.

Status
Not open for further replies.