Panda Crazy Script for Panda's

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Mixed Content: The page at 'https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome?pandacrazy=on' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image 'http://i.imgur.com/WLonK99.png'. This content should also be served over HTTPS.

VM294:3945 09-17-2016
VM294:370 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'searchOptions' of undefined

If I roll it back to 0.3.9 it works again but anything beyond that is broken.
Thanks for that. I updated the script to version 0.3.12 which should fix this problem. Tell me if it does. Usually rolling back to an older version will work when problems like this happens for future reference to everyone.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Regarding the new script and its so far a bit magical powers w.r.t your queue, does it make any difference how you start doing the HITs in your queue? In particular, do you have to click the continue link in the queue watch area for all magic powers to be invoked or is just going to
https://www.mturk.com/mturk/myhits andl clicking continue on the first one okay to get started? From my past practice, I have a tab with this up all the time in a place that's easy to get to. I like that I can easily reference the latest TO for the HITs in my queue there.

Are you suggesting to remove the mmmturkeybacon "queue order fix" one, or will these coexist just fine?

One thing I don't like is that hitting the cotinue link in your Queue watch area creates a tab and not a new window. As I recall you said I should have only PC running in a window and not multiple tabs.

Thanks for your work and creativy on these scripts.
Yes you can start your queue from anywhere and it should recognize the hit and make sure the next hit will be the next lowest timeleft in queue. To make sure it's working the tab title should show the timer and queue number when doing a hit.

Actually the scripts could coexist I believe BUT the queue helper takes over and sets things up every second where the older script only does it at beginning. So it's redundant and should be disabled for now while you are testing it. Until the new helper script is working great I would recommend to disable the old "queue order fix" script and not delete it.

The continue link in the queue watch area should create a new window with tabs in firefox. It should open a new window without tabs in chrome. If it opens up in a tab then some option in your browser is forcing that. Not sure what it would be. Check anything dealing with popups because browsers see it as a popup. You can also drag and drop the continue link to a tab in another window or right click on it and open it in a new window. I am hoping when the queue helper script is ready you can have the main queue page open in a new window and it will get refreshed automatically from PC so you won't need to look at the queue watch anymore and should lessen PRE's.

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Still stuck. Same error just "VM168:370" now.

catnapped

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Try rolling back to 0.3.9. Export the data and send me the .json file to my email: Johnnyrs@allbyjohn.com
I tried something else. I updated the script on this laptop 0.3.12 and it's working so it's something on the other one causing it. I could probably export the JSON from here and stick it over there and fix it (*maybe....*) but do you still want to look at it anyway (could be helpful, dunno)

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I tried something else. I updated the script on this laptop 0.3.12 and it's working so it's something on the other one causing it. I could probably export the JSON from here and stick it over there and fix it (*maybe....*) but do you still want to look at it anyway (could be helpful, dunno)
Yes would like to look at it to see what data is causing it. If it's working on the laptop and not on your computer then it's the data that was saved in browser which isn't easy to get to or fix and the JSON file might not show it.

catnapped

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

ScrapingForQuarters

Reaction score
Thanks for the added details. At various points during the day I use 3 browsers for Turking. I do Inquisit and Acme recording HITS in FF and maybe one day I will do a9s there. I do Zoltars in a sparse environment (not logged into Google for example) on Vivaldi. And I do most of my work in Chrome otherwise. I need a PC window open in all 3 if I'm going to deactivate MMMTB QOF, and depend on the new helper script, right? Are you saying just having QOF active in other browsers with nothing else going on is generating any DB HITS at all, or only when I refresh a myhits page for example?

If I'm actually only running the PandAs on one of 3 browser's PC instance, is there a downside to that? Or will the other 2 mostly inactive PC instances still be creating some (hopefully few) PREs?

But wouldn't this confuse the queue ordering/counting stuff if I'm doing some stuff in 2 different browsers sort or at the same time?

For now, I'm not a big batch guy other than when I am exclusively Zoltar PandAs in the morning, but I'm thinking about what if things change, and also about other users with different styles who keep much fuller queues than I do. Some might do a lot of batch work on FF, but still do some HITs that require Chrome or like me reading HIT suggestions sites in Chrome and wanting to add PandAs there in Chrome. ...

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Thanks for the added details. At various points during the day I use 3 browsers for Turking. I do Inquisit and Acme recording HITS in FF and maybe one day I will do a9s there. I do Zoltars in a sparse environment (not logged into Google for example) on Vivaldi. And I do most of my work in Chrome otherwise. I need a PC window open in all 3 if I'm going to deactivate MMMTB QOF, and depend on the new helper script, right? Are you saying just having QOF active in other browsers with nothing else going on is generating any DB HITS at all, or only when I refresh a myhits page for example?
Actually I work in firefox and chrome so I understand this problem very well. You should only run 1 PC on your computer because even if you have nothing collecting, it is still checking the queue page every 40 seconds. That may not be a problem for Pre's because it's a long timer but it's not going to give you the most accurate fresh queue. The main PC that is collecting hits would be the most accurate so you should do as many hits in the browser you have PC running in. There is no communication between different browsers so doing hits in another browser won't communicate back to the main PC. If you need to work in another browser I would suggest keeping QOF for that browser. QOF does send 2 requests at the same time after every submit to grab the fresh queue so if you doing the hits in seconds that will cause a lot of Pre's. My new queue helper script doesn't send a request to mturk for the queue. It asks PC for that information. I might add a way for it to work without PC by requesting the queue in the background after a few seconds but it won't be as accurate. Even if I add a way to work without PC it should be better than QOF with the Pre problem.

One suggestion would be if there are hits you need to work in another browser and you still need PC to collect hits you can stop the PC running in the other browser and start it in the browser you will be working in. Export the data you are working on and import it in the current browser. Then you can use the new queue helper script with it and still use it for a fast hit in your queue. It is more work but it's one solution for now. As I said the queue helper script is in a testing period to see if it will work and if it's really needed so it will be changing accordingly to feedback.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Thanks. As I expected I didn't see any problems with the data and it worked fine on my computer. I hope it's working for you now. I think it worked on your laptop because you didn't update it to each of the other new versions. One of those versions saved a bad data. I am guessing another fix would have been go back to 0.3.9 export data and then import data. Then update to newest version. Maybe that would have deleted the bad data. Don't know. Someone else had the same problem too.

Reactions: catnapped

turk_it

Reaction score
Hey Johnny I love the script! Question: Is there a way to get by the captcha alerts?

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Hey Johnny I love the script! Question: Is there a way to get by the captcha alerts?
Well if you don't like the sound of it you can change the alarm to another nicer sound if you want from the options/alarms menu. You can also replace it with a blank audio file if you want. There is also a way to disable the captcha alert in the options/general but that will make the script not pause at all for a captcha. You would need another script to detect it and alert you to it.

Reactions: heeheehahaha

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
I just wanted to add that I love Panda- its amazing how much more money I'm making since I've added it. I've googled it and couldn't come up with anything, is there anyway to change the name of the requester on the search page? I've added some more requesters by adding the URL but is there a way to have them listed as their actual requester name rather than the group name?

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
This hasn't been working in firefox for about a week now.
it doesn't advance beyond this point, and I don't know why

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This hasn't been working in firefox for about a week now.
it doesn't advance beyond this point, and I don't know why
Ok this is a known issue for a few because an updated version saved some wrong data.
  1. If you don't care about the data you have then you can update to the current version (0.3.13). Then go to this url: https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome?pandacrazy=on&resetalldata=yes. It will ask you if you want to delete all data. Click yes and it should start again with the default data. If you have an older data export file you can try to import that file back in. Don't use that url in other versions because it will delete the data with no prompt and doesn't redirect you back to the original url.
  2. If you want to keep all the data you have then you must downgrade the version to (0.3.6) of the script by going to this url: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/19168-jr-mturk-panda-crazy?version=144741. Push the install button and let it downgrade. Start the script again and you should see all your data. Export the data to a file. Go back and install the current version here: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/19168-jr-mturk-panda-crazy and then do step 1 by resetting the data. Import the saved file back in and it should work after.

Last edited:

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I just wanted to add that I love Panda- its amazing how much more money I'm making since I've added it. I've googled it and couldn't come up with anything, is there anyway to change the name of the requester on the search page? I've added some more requesters by adding the URL but is there a way to have them listed as their actual requester name rather than the group name?
I believe you already got your answer but for others click on the details button and look for "friendly requester name" and "friendly title". Change those to any names you want and the script will use those instead of the groupId or the real names. If you want the real names to show up after the script finds a hit you can just delete the friendly names and it will go back to the real names.

spottmonsta

Reaction score
Thanks. As I expected I didn't see any problems with the data and it worked fine on my computer. I hope it's working for you now. I think it worked on your laptop because you didn't update it to each of the other new versions. One of those versions saved a bad data. I am guessing another fix would have been go back to 0.3.9 export data and then import data. Then update to newest version. Maybe that would have deleted the bad data. Don't know. Someone else had the same problem too.
I to am having the same issue as catnapped @catnapped . I tried to go back to 0.3.9 and but it' still not working for me. I haven't tested to see if any other scripts are interfering with it, but I just wanted to put it out there that I'm having this issue too.

Edit: I'm using FF and when I start it up I get this pop up:
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: chrome://greasemonkey-modules/…y/JR_Mturk_Panda_Crazy.user.js:306

I went back to 0.3.9 and it will work if I just continue anyway through it, but no luck with the most updated version.

Last edited:

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I to am having the same issue as catnapped @catnapped
I went back to 0.3.9 and it will work if I just continue anyway through it, but no luck with the most updated version.
Try the instructions I gave in this post: http://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/436027/. Version 0.3.6 is before I added data to the database so I am hoping that will at least get past any data problems. If you have an older export you can go to the current version and reset the data. Then import the saved data file.

RippedWarrior

Reaction score
Panda Crazy has been limiting collection to only 15 HITs for me. I can manually add HITs to my queue to take it above 15, but PC is not. Is this a known issue? Or am I the one who's crazy?

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Panda Crazy has been limiting collection to only 15 HITs for me. I can manually add HITs to my queue to take it above 15, but PC is not. Is this a known issue? Or am I the one who's crazy?
Click on the details button for the job and see if there is a limit for the queue. If you don't want the limits then just put it down to 0. I left those limits there as examples for the zing/ibotta stuff because usually it's nice to have your queue open for better paying hits. It's up to you if you want a limit or not.

Reactions: RippedWarrior