Panda Crazy Script for Panda's

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Starting yesterday, when I go to Jobs :rolleyes: List, none of the pandas I had for the day show up. I'm having to delete them manually. It's only showing jobs that have all the info filled out (i.e., things that have been caught before like pandas for batches).

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Starting yesterday, when I go to Jobs :rolleyes: List, none of the pandas I had for the day show up. I'm having to delete them manually. It's only showing jobs that have all the info filled out (i.e., things that have been caught before like pandas for batches).
Thanks. I didn't notice that bug. Yes any job that gets added with the add job button and doesn't find anything will cause this problem. The list stops at that job that doesn't have the duration time filled in. I'll have it fixed with the next update. Maybe by the end of this week. Don't have any easy way to get around it because duration can't be changed. One way is to add a job that you know will be collected and then change that groupid to the groupid of the jobs that didn't collect anything. Change the friendly name and title so you know what that job should be and delete the job that's causing the problem. Sorry I couldn't give a really easy way around this problem.I will see if I can get an update out sometime this week but I've been busy so it might be by the end of the week.

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Thanks. I didn't notice that bug. Yes any job that gets added with the add job button and doesn't find anything will cause this problem. The list stops at that job that doesn't have the duration time filled in. I'll have it fixed with the next update. Maybe by the end of this week. Don't have any easy way to get around it because duration can't be changed. One way is to add a job that you know will be collected and then change that groupid to the groupid of the jobs that didn't collect anything. Change the friendly name and title so you know what that job should be and delete the job that's causing the problem. Sorry I couldn't give a really easy way around this problem.I will see if I can get an update out sometime this week but I've been busy so it might be by the end of the week.
Thanks! I'll be sure to start naming them in the mean time.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Today I released a new update (0.3.8) to greasyfork. Be sure to update it if greasemonkey/tampermonkey doesn't update it automatically. Should update it automatically sometime today. Few major things added so be sure to always export your data so you won't lose anything. Skip version 0.3.7 because it had a minor bug when adding search mode options. Version 0.3.8 should fix any problems with that version anyway.

If you use Panda Crazy Helper be sure to update it to (0.2.4) because this version may cause it to randomlly not show the add buttons.

New Features:
  • Queue watch window will now be sorted when a new hit is collected instead of just adding it to the top of the list.
  • Search mode now has options for better control. Only option added is minimum reward to accept which could be good for hits like c-sats or noblis to grab the higher pay instead of lower paid. Future updates will add a filter on the title and hit history to accept hits only.
  • For some options dealing with seconds or milliseconds there will be two inputs for seconds and milliseconds. You can fill in either and the script will convert it to the other so it is more user friendly and don't have to figure out the milliseconds if you only want seconds.
  • Changed the accepted pay stats at top. It will show all the pay from the collected hits. If you have the helper and have it get the P.E. from the dashboard it will show the real P.E. from the dashboard plus the pay in your queue as a total stat. You can click on the total stat to see the P.E. like usual.
  • New external helper script message system has been added. Script can pass the queue data to an external script. Detects when hits are submitted or returned from external scripts. This new feature is for a new queue helper script that will take the place of the queue order fix so it stops the PRE's because it grabs the queue data from Panda Crazy.
  • In the future this new message system will allow external scripts to control some features of Panda Crazy like starting or stopping jobs. A script could act like a job and use the cycle timer so it will lessen the chance of pre's.
Bugs Fixed:
  • Fixed a bug when using the weight system causing wrong jobs to turn off and on especially in pantha mode.
  • Fixed a bug when collecting a hit before the queue watch gets updated and it doesn't show the newly added hit in the queue.
  • Fixed a bug when a job that has no duration because it's new with nothing found yet and it causes the job list to stop listing all the jobs after that one problem job.
  • Fixed a bug when no requester name, friendly name, or group id is filled in and it displays nothing. Now it will display :Unknown Name:.
  • Fixed a display bug where sometimes an empty space gets filled in. There may be other reasons an empty job shows up but this fixes one problem.
  • Fixed a bug that causes the script to stop updating the queue watch when mturk decides to log you off.
  • Fixed a bug when the unpause button gets used in other windows that it should not be used.
Soon this script will be out of beta. Only 2 things I've wanted to add since the beginning. Add a way to change options to the default settings individually or every option. Add a way inside the general options to delete all data and start fresh with default data.

Last edited:

sgomer79

Reaction score
My Panda Crazy was working last night just fine. I just tried to open it by going to the normal page (https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome?pandacrazy=on) which I have bookmarked and greasemonkey shows the script is active but the Panda Crazy interface is not opening. I just checked and it says I have version 0.3.9 which isn't mentioned above.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My Panda Crazy was working last night just fine. I just tried to open it by going to the normal page (https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome?pandacrazy=on) which I have bookmarked and greasemonkey shows the script is active but the Panda Crazy interface is not opening. I just checked and it says I have version 0.3.9 which isn't mentioned above.
Yes the current version of the script is 0.3.9 and it was a simple one line change to fix something small. Sometimes when the script doesn't show up you might have to restart the browser. Some people have had to restart the computer just to get scripts working again so try that first. If you have your data exported to a file from the jobs menu then you can try to run Panda Crazy in another browser and import that data to see if it works. If the regular mturk welcome page comes up then it's either an error in your data or the script doesn't even run. The worst case is you need to delete all the data and start again. I mentioned in a past post there is a special url that can be used to delete it but it is not user friendly and will delete with no prompt. I will be changing that in the future. I hope you have exported the data just in case. Hope it's something simple and not major.

Reactions: waffles

sgomer79

Reaction score
Yes the current version of the script is 0.3.9 and it was a simple one line change to fix something small. Sometimes when the script doesn't show up you might have to restart the browser. Some people have had to restart the computer just to get scripts working again so try that first. If you have your data exported to a file from the jobs menu then you can try to run Panda Crazy in another browser and import that data to see if it works. If the regular mturk welcome page comes up then it's either an error in your data or the script doesn't even run. The worst case is you need to delete all the data and start again. I mentioned in a past post there is a special url that can be used to delete it but it is not user friendly and will delete with no prompt. I will be changing that in the future. I hope you have exported the data just in case. Hope it's something simple and not major.
I removed and reinstalled the script (after restarting chrome and rebooting the computer) and it's good now. Unfortunately I had recently changed a bunch of Panda's that I had not yet backed up, oops. Bet I keep them backed up more regularly now.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I removed and reinstalled the script (after restarting chrome and rebooting the computer) and it's good now. Unfortunately I had recently changed a bunch of Panda's that I had not yet backed up, oops. Bet I keep them backed up more regularly now.
Sorry that happened. This new version did change the database but I guess the testing I did didn't test every situation. Glad it's back working again. Don't see any big changes to the database for awhile. Yeah keep backing things up just to be safe.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So I have noticed people are trying to use Panda Crazy and TM at the same time for collecting panda's. This is bad and is not efficient. You need to pick one or the other for collecting panda's. If you want to use TM's watcher for searches and PC for panda's at same time then it's great as long as you have a good watcher timer for it like 10 seconds or above. When people try to test both scripts with 1 second panda's on TM and 3 or 4 panda's on PC they are crippling PC because when it gets PRE's it will start to slow down. So TM will check every second and PC will start checking maybe 3 to 4 seconds instead of 970ms as it should be. Of couse TM will grab all the panda's and PC won't be able to compete because it is now too slow. Mturk only wants a request around every 970ms. Anything faster than that it will start sending PRE's. PC is supposed to calculate the timers for all your panda's so you don't have to. Lot of PRE problems can be caused by slow connections, slow computers or distance from mturk servers also. Slow connections could have scripts send two requests at the same time which may cause PRE's.

Also when setting 1 panda to check at 1 second and another panda to check every 2 seconds this causes overlapping which can cause PRE's or can grab a lot of hits fast. This is what I tried to do with the Ham mode. It checks close to half a second for a panda but when it starts to get PRE's it will slow down. So it grabs as many as possible hoping it can fill up your queue before PRE's start to slow it down. Just be sure you are testing the scripts on a level playing field and use the best script for your need. Both scripts use the same timer and request functions from javascript so it's not like it's using anything totally different.

TheresaofAlbion

Working for noms
Contributor
Reaction score
As of last night with 3.9 we can no longer ad requester ID searches. It will not allow it and says that it changes back to panda no matter what.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
As of last night with 3.9 we can no longer ad requester ID searches. It will not allow it and says that it changes back to panda no matter what.
I was able to change it to search as long as it already has the requester ID saved. Can't add the requester ID and search mode at same time. It will give the error. So just add the requester ID first. Press save and then go back in to details and change it to search mode. I'll see if I can fix it for the next update.

Reactions: TheresaofAlbion

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Today I released a new update (0.3.10) to greasyfork. Be sure to update it if greasemonkey/tampermonkey doesn't update it automatically. Should update it automatically sometime today. Be sure to backup your data by exporting it from the jobs menu at top so you won't lose anything if something goes wrong. Even old saved data could possibly work with newer versions when it didn't work in another version.

New Features:
  • There may be a new helper script to sort your queue order when working from your queue but it's still in test mode so if you want to help test it then search for it on greasyfork.
Bugs Fixed:
  • May fix any problems with missing data that would cause the details or other buttons not to work.
  • Fixed a bug that disallowed changing a job to search mode when trying to add in the requester ID at the same time.
Sorry about any problems with the previous versions. Be sure to export your data and save those files. Even an older data file may work with newer versions when bugs gets fixed.

Reactions: jan and Yatagarasu

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Today I released a new update (0.3.11) to greasyfork. Be sure to update it if greasemonkey/tampermonkey doesn't update it automatically. Should update it automatically sometime today. Be sure to backup your data by exporting it from the jobs menu at top so you won't lose anything if something goes wrong. Even old saved data could possibly work with newer versions when it didn't work in another version.

New Features:
Bugs Fixed:

• Seems like I have finally found the bug that caused the options/timers menu not to work, Details window not to show, new jobs not being added correctly and maybe freezes at setting data up at startup. If you had any problems and couldn't import your data back you can try again because I have the script checking the data for some missing things and fixes it. May now work with old data.

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Setting up Panda Crazy!
Loading settings in memory.

That's as far as it gets for me. Seems to be stuck.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Setting up Panda Crazy!
Loading settings in memory.

That's as far as it gets for me. Seems to be stuck.
Not sure why it would be doing that now. Could you try pressing <ctrl><shift><j> and see if there is any red error details near the bottom shown?

ScrapingForQuarters

Reaction score
Regarding the new script and its so far a bit magical powers w.r.t your queue, does it make any difference how you start doing the HITs in your queue? In particular, do you have to click the continue link in the queue watch area for all magic powers to be invoked or is just going to
https://www.mturk.com/mturk/myhits andl clicking continue on the first one okay to get started? From my past practice, I have a tab with this up all the time in a place that's easy to get to. I like that I can easily reference the latest TO for the HITs in my queue there.

Are you suggesting to remove the mmmturkeybacon "queue order fix" one, or will these coexist just fine?

One thing I don't like is that hitting the cotinue link in your Queue watch area creates a tab and not a new window. As I recall you said I should have only PC running in a window and not multiple tabs.

Thanks for your work and creativy on these scripts.

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Not sure why it would be doing that now. Could you try pressing <ctrl><shift><j> and see if there is any red error details near the bottom shown?
Mixed Content: The page at 'https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome?pandacrazy=on' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image 'http://i.imgur.com/WLonK99.png'. This content should also be served over HTTPS.

VM294:3945 09-17-2016
VM294:370 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'searchOptions' of undefined

If I roll it back to 0.3.9 it works again but anything beyond that is broken.

Last edited: