12/18 - Wubba Wednesday!

Regarding holiday travel, will you be...

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poisontea

Reaction score
I want to branch out into doing batches but I'm still feeling lost on how to go about it. I've read a lot about how to choose batches but all of them on my end are either red or broken. The only batch I ever really do is the Ben Peterson one. Do decent ones just pop up and get snagged immediately? Or am I missing something? Would appreciate any advice! I'd like to make more than $10 a day

Dottie

Reaction score
We are aware of the added effort for the MTURK participants. Therefore, we offer you a compensation of $0.80 for a task that will only take around 7 minutes.

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR... 80 CENTS!

I truly want to see what type of person even writes this type of stuff. Like it's impressive to pay under minimum wage.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I want to branch out into doing batches but I'm still feeling lost on how to go about it. I've read a lot about how to choose batches but all of them on my end are either red or broken. The only batch I ever really do is the Ben Peterson one. Do decent ones just pop up and get snagged immediately? Or am I missing something? Would appreciate any advice! I'd like to make more than $10 a day
Batches are pretty much on a break right now with the holiday season.
This is the worst time of the year to turk by far.

But always click on a requesters name to check their approval percentage and check reviews on turkerview before you hop in to anything.

ekkirksey

Contributor
Reaction score
Forcing you to change your password should never happen, do you manually input your password each time? If it is saved in a browser like chrome or you use a password manager it should always work. I know people run into issues if there are multiple saved logins, or manually input the incorrect one at times, or change it and use a different device with an old password. Make sure you are signed out of all devices, sign in through amazon directly and make a strong password and then be sure to update on all devices if you do not use chrome or another browser signed in as the same user that saves all your passwords.
Yeah I have Chrome and I've been logging in with the saved password for weeks. Just all of a sudden today it logged me out and wouldn't let me back in until I changed it to a new one. Well I made my password a bit stronger now. Will be scanning my comp for key loggers this morning I guess ?

Reactions: LucyO

ekkirksey

Contributor
Reaction score
Have you or anyone else changed the password on any other Amazon affiliated sites? If you change it on Payments or regular Amazon or Audible, it will change it for everything.
Nope, I never change them unless I'm forced to, which is why I'm really weirded out. Changed it to a more secure pw for now at least.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Forcing you to change your password should never happen, do you manually input your password each time? If it is saved in a browser like chrome or you use a password manager it should always work. I know people run into issues if there are multiple saved logins, or manually input the incorrect one at times, or change it and use a different device with an old password. Make sure you are signed out of all devices, sign in through amazon directly and make a strong password and then be sure to update on all devices if you do not use chrome or another browser signed in as the same user that saves all your passwords.
For secret double protection you can also enable 2FA on your account through Amazon.com which will also activate it for Mturk.

Poisontea

Reaction score
Batches are pretty much on a break right now with the holiday season.
This is the worst time of the year to turk by far.

But always click on a requesters name to check their approval percentage and check reviews on turkerview before you hop in to anything.
Ahh okay. That makes sense. This is only my third week doing this really.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Nope, I never change them unless I'm forced to, which is why I'm really weirded out. Changed it to a more secure pw for now at least.
This password thing is something of a glitch I think.
It happened to Princess Gina Marie @PrincessGinaMarie ? twice this year.

cassius

Reaction score
Yeah I have Chrome and I've been logging in with the saved password for weeks. Just all of a sudden today it logged me out and wouldn't let me back in until I changed it to a new one. Well I made my password a bit stronger now. Will be scanning my comp for key loggers this morning I guess ?
Could mean there was a hack attack. ??

• Grimacing
Reactions: ekkirksey

MinkyMona

Spooky Turk Ghost
Reaction score
Anyone do stuff with PaidViewpoint? I swear I have been trying to make the last 50 cents for cash out the last month.

XWarrior

Reaction score
If you have and use only one device and log in through chrome on it for everything, take a look at your passwords through settings in chrome and make sure you just have the one login for amazon and verify it. Amazon gets buggy at times just like computers, if everything is set right and you get that, try rebooting and checking again before changing things.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Anyone do stuff with PaidViewpoint? I swear I have been trying to make the last 50 cents for cash out the last month.
I have been signed up there for over two years and have yet to ever cash out. I still have it because it's the principle of the thing. Someday I'll be able to, when they least expect it!

ekkirksey

Contributor
Reaction score
Ahh okay. That makes sense. This is only my third week doing this really.
The good batches usually don't last too long, people just fill their queues up with them with their PANDAs. If you spend time around here you'll figure out which ones to put in your include list (hint hint Madeline Enos should be in your include list).

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
The most important advice to remember with batches is to always make sure that if everything happened to be rejected that your rating won't drop below 99%. When you get a big cushion, this becomes less of a concern, but when your numbers are still low, a mass rejection can really make it hard. Digging yourself out of a shit approval rating is not easy. Once you have a lot approved though, you can take a lot more risks without stressing over it.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Reaching Experiment | Accept
Requester: Cognac Lab [ARHR6XY7TPJU2] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.19] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=1] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.33] [Fast=3.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=2.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: Click to participate in a reaching experiment.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Reactions: DatJersey and LucyO

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 7 Minutes Academic Study on a Beer Brand | Accept
Requester: Maximilian Gerrath [AMF4BRSUGFX4C] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.57] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.08] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=1.25] [Fair=4.13] [Reviews=19] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.80
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: Give us your opinion in an academic study about beer

Title: Describe your experiences with health-related products(~ 8 minutes) | Accept
Requester: anne hamby [A3B5HXC347ML6D] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.31] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.33] [Fast=4.48] [Comm=4.22] [Fair=4.70] [Reviews=47] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 30:00
Available: 27
Description: You will describe your experience with health-related products

Writing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.