12/17 - Manic Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

turkinlight

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Choosing a Restaurant(~ 3 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Columbia Business School Behavioral Research [AECA6W3316INS] (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: 4.25] [Fair: 4.89] [Comm: 4.40] [Fast: 4.84]
Description:
Brief behavioral study; approximately 3 minutes; $0.30 payment
Time: 15 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [119647-120353] DoesNotExist ; a236241f DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;
1 min 30 seconds

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
lol no kidding. I went to a private college and for my assoc. and a few semesters of social work I'm like...almost $30k in debt. fuuuuck.
damn... this is why most of mturk money goes into 529's for the grand kids. But if I find out they are going for shit degrees I'm going to throw a fucking fit.

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
An online university or a university that had online courses? You got a bachelors in 5 months!? How much work were you doing per day?
Online university. WGU. I put 8 hours a day toward it. Could have done it faster if I didn't fail one of the math classes and a cert test. I'm not the average person when it comes to completion time, since I fucking never sleep

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
damn... this is why most of mturk money goes into 529's for the grand kids. But if I find out they are going for shit degrees I'm going to throw a fucking fit.
does assoc. human services fall under that? lol

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
what i learned was don't go to college unless you have a clear concise goal.

my current job, didn't need a degree, just connections. as most of the people I personally know. my best friend and her husband have the same degree. he had connections since before he graduated. she didn't.

She's making 31k and he's making 72k and they've been in the workforce for the same amount of time.

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
Man, ya'll must live in really secluded areas or are just terrible at writing resumes.

I know people with business degrees who work in accounting and human resources.

A lot of your degree is what you do with it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit: Should also add these people moved for these jobs and had 0 connections.

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
The sad thing is that if I get a full time job, my student loan bill is going to go from $30 a month back up to $400 a month. And I'd have to pay to put two kids in daycare. Not so bad during school year but about $1400 a month in the summer.

My husband wants me to get a full time job next year when the kids are in school all day and I can't emphasize to him how much it would not be worth it to get out there again and make a whole $12/hour.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Man, ya'll must live in really secluded areas or are just terrible at writing resumes.

I live where there are too many people in the workforce and not enough jobs to support it.

and I hate to say it, but veterans get unfair preference. I help with the hiring process, and HR will rate a veteran with no experience higher than a civilian with 10+ years of experience.

Last edited:

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
lol no kidding. I went to a private college and for my assoc. and a few semesters of social work I'm like...almost $30k in debt. fuuuuck.

have you found that it's worthless? Real question, not being snarky. lol
My husband did this! He has/had something in the $30k+ range of debt when we met. I have a masters with ~$80k (because of interest, yay!). Seems ridiculous that he only got an AA for just around half (before interest) of what I got my terminal, at the time, degree at!

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My husband did this! He has/had something in the $30k+ range of debt when we met. I have a masters with ~$80k (because of interest, yay!). Seems ridiculous that he only got an AA for just around half (before interest) of what I got my terminal, at the time, degree at!
yeah, it sucks. It's just that online school was pretty much my only option at the time and it's considered the best online sw program in the country and I was dumb. lol

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score

yea, wife has a business degree MBA. She made fucking bank, and retired at 55 this year. But she was already in the business and had the connections

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
My sister has dual major arts degrees and 100k in debt. I concurrently did high school and community college for free and have an assoc EMT. Neither of us work in our fields really. She does in a sense, she works at an art shop, but didn't need her degrees or it.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
yeah, it sucks. It's just that online school was pretty much my only option at the time and it's considered the best online sw program in the country and I was dumb. lol
Yup, his wasn't an online school, but it was 100% predatory. Not many options in his area, didn't want to move away, thought it would be less expensive... ugh.

How to chose a college and if you even should choose a college should be a class in High-School.

Status
Not open for further replies.