11/06 - Superleggera Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
These are like $4 where I shop... dang.
Ah- I wish, I'm jealous...Louisiana has the worst / weirdest regulations on dairy products and eggs...as far as tax / coupons being used ect.

Reactions: Sondi

BrewMeister

1) d4
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: A questionnaire about your AMT task management habits and routines – 30 minutes | PANDA
Requester: Alexander Gould [AVNH5PWG9CV9Q] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.55 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 12 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: This is a questionnaire – have a look at the introduction for a more detailed explanation.
Time: 2 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $6.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 10000;HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 98;Location is US

eagle eye

Reaction score
Thank you Miss! Unfortunately i do not smoke and i have enough energy without coffee, i think i would break something if i take any, buuuut i am already gears on for Z's today!

Today's Projected Earnings: $15.87
how does one do more than one of these without getting the cap?

rjd66

Need help,send BATCHES
Contributor
Reaction score

jan

Reaction score
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
wake up! it's time

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
muh organic

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/11/06/critics-question-how-much-better-organic-really-is.html

Quotes from Stanford and Mayo clinic. I buy EB eggs - middle ground I suppose. And a hella lot cheaper. After all, I turk.
Our eggs that we buy aren't necessary because they are "organic" but more free range and its hard to find ( if they even exist) free range non-organic...like I said some of the stories he told about the conditions, chickens fighting, blood and guts- dead chickens being left to rot since there were so many...ect...( this was "cage" free)

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I think that's a fair price given how each chicken is individually hugged before laying eggs.
That's actually how these organic farmers gets the eggs out of the chickens. Goes around and give each of them a big, loving squeeze each day.

cassius

Reaction score
Ah. but then its the little things...like finding a $1.00 coupon for your eggs ( they are $6.00 a dozen) - I can't wait till we move and have our own chickens.
Where are you? I bought eggs last week - 2 doz for 89 cents. Really. They've come down in price around here.

Reactions: jan and lsutiger25

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
Also, when he said when he would sometimes inspect some of these "
Where are you? I bought eggs last week - 2 doz for 89 cents. Really. They've come down in price around here.
Louisiana- we bought directly from a local farmer, but he was washed out from the flooding...we are hoping some will be back by the spring.

cassius

Reaction score
My father in law- grew up on a large farm and some of the stories that he would tell us would make your stomach crawl....there are certain things that we buy organic....we have about 14 acres but haven't started building yet.
Mom raised chickens and sold eggs when I was a kid. It was my job weekends and summers to take are of the chickens. Horrible living conditions and we didn't keep them in cages. In summer mom would open the coops' doors and let the critters roam. They would go back in the coop to lay eggs. These were the best. the chickens got pretty and healthy and the nest stayed clean. I won't tell what you can find in a chicken's nest besides chicken sh**. Chickens can be nastier than hogs and they are cannibals. Not only are they cannibals. They eat each other a live which is probably why modern farmers put them in separate cages. On another note I once had an easter duck who liked to live with our rabbit. A lone duck latches onto whatever friend will have it as it thinks it has no other pals. the man who bought mom's eggs for the stores had someone on his route who wanted duck eggs for baking. Mom didn't like duck eggs, said they were too strong. So I got to sell my duck eggs to our egg guy. I made a little bit of spare change with that.

Reactions: corvid

cassius

Reaction score
Also, when he said when he would sometimes inspect some of these "

Louisiana- we bought directly from a local farmer, but he was washed out from the flooding...we are hoping some will be back by the spring.
I understand that. Our chickens were wiped out by a flood and mom never started them again. It was sad. I remember the morning at breakfast she said she didn't have eggs. I think she was upset and disgusted as her way of life was ending. We had kind of high flood water running all around out house and the coops were wiped out. our farm hand took her seriously and make the trek through the high water to the coop and found a few eggs. Mom was kind of embarrassed that he risked his life for breakfast and that she was only expressing her grief in what she said. She had eggs in the frig and by some miracle we had electricity.

Reactions: lsutiger25

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
Mom raised chickens and sold eggs when I was a kid. It was my job weekends and summers to take are of the chickens. Horrible living conditions and we didn't keep them in cages. In summer mom would open the coops' doors and let the critters roam. They would go back in the coop to lay eggs. These were the best. the chickens got pretty and healthy and the nest stayed clean. I won't tell what you can find in a chicken's nest besides chicken sh**. Chickens can be nastier than hogs and they are cannibals. Not only are they cannibals. They eat each other a live which is probably why modern farmers put them in separate cages. On another note I once had an easter duck who liked to live with our rabbit. A lone duck latches onto whatever friend will have it as it thinks it has no other pals. the man who bought mom's eggs for the stores had someone on his route who wanted duck eggs for baking. Mom didn't like duck eggs, said they were too strong. So I got to sell my duck eggs to our egg guy. I made a little bit of spare change with that.
Thats so awesome! - Yeah he told us some of the same things. We are planning on only have 3-4 chickens and maybe grow with other animals after that. I can't wait to be able to have my own garden, fruit tress...ect... This spring we are going to plant some fruit trees so by the time we move (2-3 years ) they will be close to fruiting.

Reactions: cassius

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
I understand that. Our chickens were wiped out by a flood and mom never started them again. It was sad. I remember the morning at breakfast she said she didn't have eggs. I think she was upset and disgusted as her way of life was ending. We had kind of high flood water running all around out house and the coops were wiped out. our farm hand took her seriously and make the trek through the high water to the coop and found a few eggs. Mom was kind of embarrassed that he risked his life for breakfast and that she was only expressing her grief in what she said. She had eggs in the frig and by some miracle we had electricity.
Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear that. I think once you become use to a certain way of life, then once it gets disrupted, the grief is normal. We usually go to the farm and pick out our cow for slaughter ( the kids have always gone with us and helped) - some people think we're horrible parents for this...like how dare we let our kids pick the cow ( 1/2 of cow) that we are going to slaughter and eat. Its like...umm do you know how people lived not even 60-70+ years ago. Or hell how some of us live outside the "city"

Status
Not open for further replies.