11/06 - Superleggera Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquishyFluffkin

Contributor
Reaction score
Which hits were we not supposed to be clearing captchas with again?

Reactions: jan

Elairiah

Reaction score
Anyone have the Panda for today's Zoltar's? None of my Pandas are picking up anything.

cassius

Reaction score
http://peteandgerrys.com/certified-humane/free-range/

Awww- that is a great story. Animals really are amazing ( all shapes and sizes of them) - We have a few raised beds now that we grow basic things that we eat. I was planning on starting to can this year ( or learn how to, )( my mother in law has done it for years) - but the flood has changed everything. So I will try after the spring "harvest". - The only thing is we like most cold weather veggies and not much that will grow in southern louisiana haha
Mom canned the old fashioned way and the year of the flood all her stuff got destroyed. Our storage place for the food in jars was in the basement and that flooded to the top step. But it didn't stop her from doing it. You can have several gardens in that growing season. When I lived in TX I had a client who lived nearby and i'd see him in his home. He put various plantings around his property and one year at Christmas he gave me bundles of basil that he took out on his property to gather. The kitchen smelled to great that year as we chopped that basil.

Reactions: MostlyConfused

MostlyConfused

Reaction score
RE: Eggs. We pay a lady my hubs works with $3 a dozen for her home grown eggs. They taste so much better than store eggs. The yolks are always darker in color, too.
And last we checked even at costco the "free range organic" brown eggs were all over $4 a dozen.
So it's a win for us.
And sometimes I get "old" eggs at the store to use for hard boiling ("old" eggs peel better) and there's just almost no flavor :/

MostlyConfused

Reaction score
Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear that. I think once you become use to a certain way of life, then once it gets disrupted, the grief is normal. We usually go to the farm and pick out our cow for slaughter ( the kids have always gone with us and helped) - some people think we're horrible parents for this...like how dare we let our kids pick the cow ( 1/2 of cow) that we are going to slaughter and eat. Its like...umm do you know how people lived not even 60-70+ years ago. Or hell how some of us live outside the "city"
We didn't pick our cow (my In Laws have a guy they buy from he raises only like 2 a year as a hobby) but I think it's great to involve kids in this stuff!
I would love chickens and a milk goat :love:

Reactions: cassius

cassius

Reaction score
http://peteandgerrys.com/certified-humane/free-range/

Awww- that is a great story. Animals really are amazing ( all shapes and sizes of them) - We have a few raised beds now that we grow basic things that we eat. I was planning on starting to can this year ( or learn how to, )( my mother in law has done it for years) - but the flood has changed everything. So I will try after the spring "harvest". - The only thing is we like most cold weather veggies and not much that will grow in southern louisiana haha
I got lots of lessons on the farm and learned something about life too. Like not to be hateful towards as the studies put it, groups of people. Dad had two heifers that he could not break to milk. They wanted nothing to do with the breeding process, etc, and were not to be separated from each other. They were tough girls, about the same age i think meaning born the same summer. They just latched on to each other. he finally sold them after a hard winter came and they refused to come in for the winter. They stayed out in the cold that whole winter. Well he couldn't have that as he'd be reported for animal abuse if he kept it up and they were non producing animals being fed for nothing. This was a working farm. So they had to go and I felt bad. it was obvious what was going on with those two and that's when I learned that yes, sometimes nature means for things to be that way.

Reactions: MostlyConfused

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I checked the Forum News & Announcements but didn't see a thread about the forum maintenance done last night. Were there any fun changes?
Alerts will take 60 seconds to show up instead of 30 seconds. I won't have instant gratification when I make a really awesome comment about once a month.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Alerts will take 60 seconds to show up instead of 30 seconds. I won't have instant gratification when I make a really awesome comment about once a month.
Delayed gratification can be an adjustment. We're here for you :wink:

Reactions: Pleco

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
If this Zolties batch keeps coming in steady, I'm gonna take lil queen trashmouth @lil queen trashmouth to a Sizzler's so that she learn about the greatest thing about this country. Cheap, extremely mediocre food that's been warmed up all day under a heat lamp.
really? I've caught 6 since 8:15

Reactions: Pleco
Status
Not open for further replies.