• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
There are people at least that old working the check out at my local Walmart. Where's the young people? I think it's great that Walmart is hiring older folks, but where are the younger people?
Walmart doesn't like to hire full time employees, to prevent both overtime and benefits. Most younger people want those things. Whereas, older people just want a part-time job that will work with their schedule and get them out of the house. Plus, they usually don't need benefits because hopefully they've taken care of those things during their actual career. Not saying this is always the case but, I know that it is Walmart's policy.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
We cannot stress the importance of voting enough. My stepdaughter had her friends over, and they aren't quite 18 but we got on the subject, because Trump was in our town for the rally. They all were talking about how much they hate him, etc. So I told them the next presidential election they'll be able to vote, and it's important to do so. "Our votes don't matter anyways." Then explained everything that of course when 3 million people think that each of their votes doesn't count, blah blah blah. And then went on a tangent about how black people and women didn't always have the right to vote, and had to fight for it, because all the kids sitting in front of me were black and/or women. They didn't even know they didn't used to have the right to vote...like wtf do they even teach kids in school today.
the girls in line behind me (under 20 yrs old easily..i thought young teens but they were eligible to vote!) and the one girl started going on a tangent about that because apparently some white girl made a comment to her about being black and surprised she was voting in her classes. Her mom tried to quiet her and tell her to be careful about what she said around certain people. it didn't make me uncomfortable, just happy she was educated about the past and working on the future.

cassius

Reaction score
Walmart doesn't like to hire full time employees, to prevent both overtime and benefits. Most younger people want those things. Whereas, older people just want a part-time job that will work with their schedule and get them out of the house. Plus, they usually don't need benefits because hopefully they've taken care of those things during their actual career. Not saying this is always the case but, I know that it is Walmart's policy.
https://smartguide.walmartone.com/S...LeadershipGuide/benefits-at-a-glance-2018.pdf

Reactions: Jerami

cassius

Reaction score
the girls in line behind me (under 20 yrs old easily..i thought young teens but they were eligible to vote!) and the one girl started going on a tangent about that because apparently some white girl made a comment to her about being black and surprised she was voting in her classes. Her mom tried to quiet her and tell her to be careful about what she said around certain people. it didn't make me uncomfortable, just happy she was educated about the past and working on the future.
some people lack class and manners. sorry about that.

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
Of course my girl did turn 18 this year and I just asked if she'd like to ride with me to vote but she didn't go register like we told her to 20 times. Girl don't you talk politics with me anymore then since you didn't do your duty. "it's not voting for the president I don't get what the big deal is" I know she woulda voted for the opposition but I don't care, I just want everyone to vote grrrrrrrr

BluAngel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: [2-3 min survey] Give your opinion on a new concept. | Accept
Requester: Melissa Ong [A3OT63XWCFHWDM] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$23.46] [Pay=4.80] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.55] [Fast=4.45] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=4.09] [Reviews=59] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=17.14] [Pen=0.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.25
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: 1 mult-choice screener, 4 mult-choice questions, 1 one-sentence answer, 7 mult-choice demographics questions.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
testing[/td][/tr]

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Of course my girl did turn 18 this year and I just asked if she'd like to ride with me to vote but she didn't go register like we told her to 20 times. Girl don't you talk politics with me anymore then since you didn't do your duty. "it's not voting for the president I don't get what the big deal is" I know she woulda voted for the opposition but I don't care, I just want everyone to vote grrrrrrrr
Tempt her with legal weed (if you're not in a legal state) that is LITERALLY how I've gotten all my much younger friends to be interested in voting. Sad, kinda, but giving them a thing they care about seems to help lol

Status
Not open for further replies.