Votes: 14 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenboneneck

Contributor
Reaction score
Hooray for democracy. Got to see some angry dude get pissed because of the 5 minute wait times (yes, 5 minutes), and scream "THIS ISNT SOCIAL HOUR, IM NOT A DEMOCRAT, I GOTTA GET TO WORK, LETS MOVE THIS ALONG" at the 80 year old ladies who were working the polls. USA #1

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
That implies creativity for a threat.
I think they're much more simple, as is the message...
"You stink." :p
There has to be a bit of thought involved. They got a bucket. I would take that smelly dead skunk and wipe every dirty bit of it all over a pumpkin, then leave it on my well lit porch. I might even go find some doe urine, for added effect. When they pick that stink-anointed pumpkin up, to smash it, they'll be stinky for a week.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Hooray for democracy. Got to see some angry dude get pissed because of the 5 minute wait times (yes, 5 minutes), and scream "THIS ISNT SOCIAL HOUR, IM NOT A DEMOCRAT, I GOTTA GET TO WORK, LETS MOVE THIS ALONG" at the 80 year old ladies who were working the polls. USA #1
That is spectacular. I would've gotten quite a laugh out of that.

MY TIME WILL COME THOUGH! Voting at lunch time.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
He should of went after work..or do you have early voting there?
Should have early voted. Or he should have had a snickers.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Our poll workers are literally old ladies in a church basement. No security. Always been that way where I vote.
same in my small town.

A woman had her ballot get screwed up because all our local officials are write-in only this time and we had to fill in bubbles with a sharpie and write in names with an ink pen. Nobody is telling anyone that and the first person to have hers get messed up totally went off on everyone in there to the point where the police came. We are a po'dunk little farm town in the middle of Michigan and have the drama already. Anxiety is real this election. Really high turnout here, too. Lots of Gen X and younger.

chickenboneneck

Contributor
Reaction score
He should of went after work..or do you have early voting there?
Should have early voted. Or he should have had a snickers.
Given the people in my town, how they act, and what they do, I would assume the guy doesn't actually work. If he does, it's possible that he doesn't get off until after polls close.

Not to get political, but in my weird little town, literally every republican is on welfare or disability or some social program. It's WEIRD.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
there's always a cell phone and a number. don't call the press though. that will escalate the problem.
He was gone 5 minutes later. Really not worth escalating it. It would just increase the stress on an apparently elderly staff. Just let him spout off because there's no way to prevent it. Maybe record it for youtube shaming later.:)

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Given the people in my town, how they act, and what they do, I would assume the guy doesn't actually work. If he does, it's possible that he doesn't get off until after polls close.

Not to get political, but in my weird little town, literally every republican is on welfare or disability or some social program. It's WEIRD.
So glad I early voted. It was fun and everyone was friendly.
I wouldn't even know where to go to vote today lol! I always early vote.

cassius

Reaction score
He was gone 5 minutes later. Really not worth escalating it. It would just increase the stress on an apparently elderly staff. Just let him spout off because there's no way to prevent it. Maybe record it for youtube shaming later.:)
I would never let someone get away with bad behavior with elderly people who are only trying to do a lousy job that others don't want to do. Pay is bad, hours are worse and then to get yelled at and possibly worse? No. not on my watch if I see it happen.

SherryNotShirley

Contributor
Reaction score
So glad I early voted. It was fun and everyone was friendly.
I wouldn't even know where to go to vote today lol! I always early vote.
I'm in a small town so it's like an event to go vote. If I don't know somone, they know me because of my mom. Just like Mayberry... but I don't have Aunt Bea making me pies. :sunflower:

chickenboneneck

Contributor
Reaction score
I would never let someone get away with bad behavior with elderly people who are only trying to do a lousy job that others don't want to do. Pay is bad, hours are worse and then to get yelled at and possibly worse? No. not on my watch if I see it happen.
The two options for resolution were 1) Beat the guy up and get arrested or 2) Just laugh it off and thank the poll workers for the job they do and tell them not to take idiots like him personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.