• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
wait-wait-wait, are there places where the polling agents aren't elderly? My town has a population of (as of 2017) 65,603, and all of our polling places are run by the elderly. I thought that was like... part of getting old? You retire and then you are a crossing guard/ polling agent?

chickenboneneck

Contributor
Reaction score
wait-wait-wait, are there places where the polling agents aren't elderly? My town has a population of (as of 2017) 65,603, and all of our polling places are run by the elderly. I thought that was like... part of getting old? You retire and then you are a crossing guard/ polling agent?
The thing is its for almost no pay and its during a work day. The only people who can do it are retirees.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure what your schedule is like but, PandAs for penny HITs that don't seem super productive during the day are significantly more so on the overnight shift, due to less competition.(Productive as far as numbers, not money) And, good morning.:)
EDIT I wouldn't make it a point to stay up for them but, if you're up anyway.
Happy election day! Vote early, vote often.:p
You know where the "Vote early, vote often!" thing comes from, right?

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Hooray for democracy. Got to see some angry dude get pissed because of the 5 minute wait times (yes, 5 minutes), and scream "THIS ISNT SOCIAL HOUR, IM NOT A DEMOCRAT, I GOTTA GET TO WORK, LETS MOVE THIS ALONG" at the 80 year old ladies who were working the polls. USA #1
A major jerk.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I would never let someone get away with bad behavior with elderly people who are only trying to do a lousy job that others don't want to do. Pay is bad, hours are worse and then to get yelled at and possibly worse? No. not on my watch if I see it happen.
They were going to get away with it regardless, since they were only there for 5 minutes. I'm sure morally you're in the right but, if we were to ask the elderly folks running to polling place which they'd prefer, for him to be confronted or just allowed to do his business and leave, they'd probably choose the latter. That's all I meant. I'd rather not create any more stress, regardless of my intention. But, that's just me. Maybe a joke, at his expense, after he left would brighten their day just as much.:)

Last edited:

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
same in my small town.

A woman had her ballot get screwed up because all our local officials are write-in only this time and we had to fill in bubbles with a sharpie and write in names with an ink pen. Nobody is telling anyone that and the first person to have hers get messed up totally went off on everyone in there to the point where the police came. We are a po'dunk little farm town in the middle of Michigan and have the drama already. Anxiety is real this election. Really high turnout here, too. Lots of Gen X and younger.
"Lots of Gen X and younger." Good for them! A hopeful sign for the future.

cassius

Reaction score
I was helping my local party get sigs one year and on a cold, cold snowy day, an office team leader, took me to a library to catch people on their way in and out. An older lady parked her car and then promptly fell into a snowdrift as she was trying to get to the front door. Team leader immediately went over to her, helped her up, made sure she was okay, took her books and helped her out. Then when he found she was fine, got her signature on the proper line.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
we had like 50's and then young college age kids working ours today :)

Azazael

Reaction score
borked question has been removed from survey, 2 minutes:

Title: Answer a 6-minute survey about your opinions | Accept
Requester: Monika Hortnagl [A1VSM8D0XCU4N] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.26] [Pay=4.50] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.57] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=17] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=14.09] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 1200
Available: 1
Description: Cool awesome new product needs your help making a decision!
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95

yeah that one was totally broken, im glad they had an option at the end to actually send a req a red flagged email about it.

Reactions: sofaslug

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
I had to wait 45 minutes, but really liked the crowd. There was a mother with two college age daughters behind me in PJs having a good time, looking up the candidates one more time and trying to remember everything (we voted for house and senate plus mayor, school board and city council...it was a lot of bubbles and a lot of people). But they were so spirited and sweet and I chatted with them. We had a good time in line this morning.

I'm happy to see everyone out voting for a midterm! It's a pain in the butt, I was late for work, trying to park was a war zone. But, it's done.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Also, bless you all for citing Gen X as the "young folks voting, and younger!" as a 33 year old Millennial, I appreciate it lmao

savvy @savvylabell I'd probably choke if an under 80 person was running the polls.
Ikr. Gen X ended in the early 80s. At 42, I don't feel like a young'un anymore.:p

cassius

Reaction score
Also, bless you all for citing Gen X as the "young folks voting, and younger!" as a 33 year old Millennial, I appreciate it lmao

savvy @savvylabell I'd probably choke if an under 80 person was running the polls.
There are people at least that old working the check out at my local Walmart. Where's the young people? I think it's great that Walmart is hiring older folks, but where are the younger people?

Reactions: LowCalCalzone

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
"Lots of Gen X and younger." Good for them! A hopeful sign for the future.
We cannot stress the importance of voting enough. My stepdaughter had her friends over, and they aren't quite 18 but we got on the subject, because Trump was in our town for the rally. They all were talking about how much they hate him, etc. So I told them the next presidential election they'll be able to vote, and it's important to do so. "Our votes don't matter anyways." Then explained everything that of course when 3 million people think that each of their votes doesn't count, blah blah blah. And then went on a tangent about how black people and women didn't always have the right to vote, and had to fight for it, because all the kids sitting in front of me were black and/or women. They didn't even know they didn't used to have the right to vote...like wtf do they even teach kids in school today.

Status
Not open for further replies.