Votes: 14 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
We cannot stress the importance of voting enough. My stepdaughter had her friends over, and they aren't quite 18 but we got on the subject, because Trump was in our town for the rally. They all were talking about how much they hate him, etc. So I told them the next presidential election they'll be able to vote, and it's important to do so. "Our votes don't matter anyways." Then explained everything that of course when 3 million people think that each of their votes doesn't count, blah blah blah. And then went on a tangent about how black people and women didn't always have the right to vote, and had to fight for it, because all the kids sitting in front of me were black and/or women. They didn't even know they didn't used to have the right to vote...like wtf do they even teach kids in school today.
Contemporary history is not usually taught well, and unless one is on a school board, there isn't much one can do about it. And I'd be willing to bet you weren't taught too much about WWII, either.

Captain Catbeard

Hornswaggler
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey about translation services | Accept
Requester: ECM-MT [A1FPSM671EIGJF] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.54] [Pay=4.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.20] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=12] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=7.04] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 3600
Available: 2
Description: In this HIT, you will give your opinion on prices for a translation service and answer some survey questions
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
:anchor:[/td][/tr]

Captain Catbeard

Hornswaggler
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Scenario Study(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Joseph [A1RUWGBC9JVTM7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.60] [Pay=4.29] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.33] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=13.00] [Pen=0.29 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.80
Duration: 2700
Available: 9
Description: Survey items about a scenario, attention to detail required
Qualifications: Exc: [1677589924-113938] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
Contemporary history is not usually taught well, and unless one is on a school board, there isn't much one can do about it. And I'd be willing to bet you weren't taught too much about WWII, either.
It was interesting though, that 9/11 is a huge deal and they are taught about that. Makes sense though, since none of them were born yet, or they were babies. They still don't get it though...this past 9/11 I was being a loser and watching old videos and crying a little bit like a baby lol...she's like "what's wrong, it wasn't that big of a deal was it?"

Captain Catbeard

Hornswaggler
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Flood Prevention(~ 30 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Andrew Delton [A1A3MCHRRKL2M7] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=2.89] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=11] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=3.75] [Pen=4.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: Participate in an experimental research study that involves a group interaction. You could earn up to 75¢ in bonuses!
Qualifications: Exc: [113980-113391] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
I had a history teacher back in high school that took his WW1 & 2 sections very seriously. For 1, he would give his students paper gas masks. If he caught you without it on in the hallway, you had 10 seconds to get it out or else you "died". For 2, he just hid behind stuff and and yelled "Banzai!". Pretty entertaining especially if you weren't paying attention. He finally retired this year. I know this isn't hitting what you're talking about, but that dude was awesome.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It was interesting though, that 9/11 is a huge deal and they are taught about that. Makes sense though, since none of them were born yet, or they were babies. They still don't get it though...this past 9/11 I was being a loser and watching old videos and crying a little bit like a baby lol...she's like "what's wrong, it wasn't that big of a deal was it?"

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
What list do I need to export?
Your include lists, block lists, stuff like that. Click on your Include List and Block List, at the bottom there will be a button to export. That way you can re-load when you reinstall.

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah it's really weird to think about it. It never really crossed my mind until I had the discussion with her, but I mean I guess it makes sense since she was born in 2000. We all experienced it firsthand and we've all been united about the subject, but I guess time passes.

It also blows my mind, but makes sense, that those kids in NYC don't remember the towers. The things you don't really think about

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Man I really don't like crowds and I want someone to go with me to vote. Someone go with me. Mturk is slow, ya'll can take a roadtrip :D
One of my buddies sent a pic of our polling station with the Governor coming out of it. Maybe you can hitch a ride with your Gov? lmao

Reactions: katarina
Status
Not open for further replies.