10/22 - Make Stuff Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Date but tell them your dream so they know that if it happens your outta there and they can either follow or stay.
idk. I'm so glad I'm married and don't have to worry about dating. :(
Age really is an illusion. I watched my grandpa bike his way up a volcano on Hawaii when he was 90 years old.

I do understand where you are coming from, though, about settling. You could actively search for someone who has the same dream as you. Believe it or not, they are out there.
There's nothing wrong with casual dating. Not every partner needs to be a potential life partner, as long as you're honest about your intentions when you begin to get closer with someone.
I am pretty much incapable of casual dating. I've tried over the past year. Either my heart gets massively broken or I break someones heart, even when intentions are made clear, feelings don't cooperate lol. I'm very much an all or nothing person, unfortunately.

i spent nearly 6 years of my life with someone who told me that had the same dreams, and thought I would never have to date again. It's not a reality I appreciate every morning, that it's not the status anymore lol. "People are unknowable. You can never really know what goes on inside someone else’s heart." quote from broadchurch.

and physically i have to worry about aging. I try to stay active and ahead of the game, but I have some inflammatory/auto immune issues and have had back problems since age 13. it's already an uphill battle and i'm not even 30. *grimace*

i'm going to end my complaining now. life sucks, could be worse, could be better. either way, it'll go on.

Last edited:

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My son has medicaid because of his autism. We make too much for arkids a & b, so we have TEFRA. Which has a monthly premium based on your income. Since it's medicaid he can't have over $2000 in his savings acccount. Got a letter Friday saying that they got information he has over $2000 in there. wtf...he has less than $1100. Where are they getting their information? I'm kind of ticked. Going to bank today to get a print out signed and then scanning it and emailing them.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I am pretty much incapable of casual dating. I've tried over the past year. Either my heart gets massively broken or I break someones heart, even when intentions are made clear, feelings don't cooperate lol. I'm very much an all or nothing person, unfortunately.

i spent nearly 6 years of my life with someone who told me that had the same dreams, and thought I would never have to date again. It's not a reality I appreciate every morning, that it's not the status anymore lol.

and physically i have to worry about aging. I try to stay active and ahead of the game, but I have some inflammatory/auto immune issues and have had back problems since age 13. it's already an uphill battle and i'm not even 30. *grimace*

i'm going to end my complaining now. life sucks, could be worse, could be better. either way, it'll go on.

I'm not a hugger..but if you were here I might give you one right now.
Take all that complaining and anger and kick mturks butt today!

Reactions: savvy

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
My son has medicaid because of his autism. We make too much for arkids a & b, so we have TEFRA. Which has a monthly premium based on your income. Since it's medicaid he can't have over $2000 in his savings acccount. Got a letter Friday saying that they got information he has over $2000 in there. wtf...he has less than $1100. Where are they getting their information? I'm kind of ticked. Going to bank today to get a print out signed and then scanning it and emailing them.
anything in that department is just a pain in the butt. Can't ever be easy.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
the hoops you have to jump through for that stuff is ridiculous.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
the hoops you have to jump through for that stuff is ridiculous.
I know!! They also wanted us to put him on my husband's insurance..if we did that they would pay for all our insurance and we could get the tefra for free..so we wouldn't be paying for anything
That seemed like too much work and not needed. lol

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score

i spent nearly 6 years of my life with someone who told me that had the same dreams, and thought I would never have to date again. It's not a reality I appreciate every morning, that it's not the status anymore lol. "People are unknowable. You can never really know what goes on inside someone else’s heart." quote from broadchurch.

I believe you will get to where you want to be.

I was 35 when I went through divorce number 2. I was convinced my life was over. Approaching middle age, borderline diabetic, fat, out of shape and uninspired by anything in life. Too depressed to care about anything. It was realizing that everyone I cared about had given up on me that inspired me to take back control of my life. Fuck other people. Fuck expectations. Fuck conventions of society. I decided to go after life, no holds barred - and nothing was going to hold me back.

Now I'm 42, own a successful jewelry business, have a lot going for me. Married again, have awesome kids.

I'm not even where I want to be...yet. I will be a storm chase photographer someday. Until then I practice, prepare, and learn until I won't only just hold my head above water at what I do - but I will be among the elite.

Will the people in my life follow me? I don't know. If they don't then fuck them. I will find people who will be there with me.

Just don't put pressure on yourself that nobody else is putting on you and don't let societal expectations get inside your head. Psyching yourself out is the most dangerous game you can play...and you will NEVER win with that.

Minx2121

Reaction score
Title: Answer a short survey about experiences(~ 7 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Emily Powell [A15RO8DUYCW5A7] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: A short survey (~5-8 min) about your thoughts on a potential experience you might have
Time: 2700
HITs Available: 64
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: SurveyGroup [1627] DoesNotExist ;Exc: [112176-111587] DoesNotExist ;Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000;HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98;Location In US

charlie

Reaction score
this came in this morning about the failed AC on that Impression Formation ($1.25) study from last week:
By looking again at your data, we realized that we made a mistake and you did pass the attention check. Your HIT was approved last Friday and you should receive the payment soon, if you have not already received it. We apologize for the inconvenience and hassle on your end. Dealing with the threat of having bots participating in our surveys is a new issue and we haven’t worked it out completely, yet.

BluAngel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about American politics. | Accept
Requester: Pearce Edwards [A1PDQGIJJOXTIN] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=4.50] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.35
Duration: 420
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about these current political issues.
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
3 minutes[/td][/tr]

Reactions: 4ourfuture

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
this came in this morning about the failed AC on that Impression Formation ($1.25) study from last week:
By looking again at your data, we realized that we made a mistake and you did pass the attention check. Your HIT was approved last Friday and you should receive the payment soon, if you have not already received it. We apologize for the inconvenience and hassle on your end. Dealing with the threat of having bots participating in our surveys is a new issue and we haven’t worked it out completely, yet.
Translation:

We had a bot checking for bot responses...and it done fucked up.

our bad.

sincerely,
naive noob requester

Status
Not open for further replies.