10/22 - Make Stuff Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I am excessively sore everywhere. 3.5mile moderate/hard (steep) mountain hike yesterday, plus town walking, (20k+ steps ) after working on my feet for three days and dancing one night, then I got to the farm this morning and they were like "let's move 80 bales of hay" hokay.

my day trip yesterday has made me bitterly angry about life again though, so there is that fire lit under my ass. should help me make money.
I'm sorry that your day trip made you bitter. :(
Do we need to up our weekly goals?!

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
I need a volunteer to clear out my web history and some folders on my computer after I'm dead and gone, any takers?

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
I'm sorry that your day trip made you bitter. :(
Do we need to up our weekly goals?!
i just get bitter when I come home. I really hate where I live, and the path I am currently on. I'm on the edge of settling, but getting a taste of the mountains reminded me why I don't want to settle. but a dream job just posted at my favorite state park. I have shit odds of getting it, but I am going to tune up the resume today and apply. in a few weeks, i'll be sad again. it's how it goes.

ugh, I made it to $63 last week. I would like to hit $100s again but I don't think that's going to happen. :unsure:

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
i just get bitter when I come home. I really hate where I live, and the path I am currently on. I'm on the edge of settling, but getting a taste of the mountains reminded me why I don't want to settle. but a dream job just posted at my favorite state park. I have shit odds of getting it, but I am going to tune up the resume today and apply. in a few weeks, i'll be sad again. it's how it goes.

ugh, I made it to $63 last week. I would like to hit $100s again but I don't think that's going to happen. :unsure:
fingers crossed for your dream job! What is your dream job exactly? lol.
And I made about $60 too! I feel like I could make more if I wasn't so lazy.

Reactions: savvy

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
I need a volunteer to clear out my web history and some folders on my computer after I'm dead and gone, any takers?
wouldn't it be easier to just have it in your will that your computer gets buried/cremated/dropped out of an airplane with you?

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score

Don't ever settle or give up on your dream. Even if you don't hit it for years it will be worth it.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

Carrion.

This machine is obsolete.
Reaction score
One of the upper circles of hell - Florida
Morning everyone. Did anyone do the survey where you pretend to be from India?

(HIT Details)
Requester Research Surveys
HITs 24
Reward $1.00

The theme seemed to be to concede your opinion to whoever is offering you advice, but then extremely randomly it seemed that'd be wrong. One time your daughter asks you to do something, and you're to concede, another request from your daughter you must accept.
WARNING: You can't alt tab out of inquisit to write down your code at the end. Luckily it was simple enough to remember.

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

savvy

Reaction score
fingers crossed for your dream job! What is your dream job exactly? lol.
And I made about $60 too! I feel like I could make more if I wasn't so lazy.
I'm not sure i can make much more with the volume of stuff going through here during times I can turk. i'll have a little more time come nov.

Something in a park - hands on and helping people recreate. This is Chief Ranger of Visitor Experience at James River State Park - where I used to do my yearly kayak trip. It has horse camping, kayaking, hiking, and it's close to all the big breweries and wineries in the state, and it's within an hour of three decent sized cities and some friends of mine. It's right in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The cost of living is really cheap right around it too.

Right now I am super clerical in parks and stuck in a job that I cannot go up in, in a town I hate.

There isn't a ton of recreation jobs, unless you want to carry a gun, and that's not in me.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Word Rating Survey | Accept
Requester: Philips D&I [A1G959MEB34M88] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: 10-minute survey to rate words
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

savvy

Reaction score
Don't ever settle or give up on your dream. Even if you don't hit it for years it will be worth it.

it's hard though - do I start dating just to leave them behind when the dream happens? or get stuck because I settled with someone here? or never date in hopes I leave but then never leave and end up alone? Buy a townhouse here but then find a job somewhere else and then be stuck or have to pay back the grant for the down payment? i can't afford an acreage here, i would have to be pulling 70k a year or more, and that's never going to happen in my line of work.

A lot of things depend on a lot of other things right now, and I'm getting too old for that shit. I'm sorry, y'all can say I'm not too old, but I am getting to old for me. The things I want are going to become harder and harder to get in my life with every month that ticks by.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm not sure i can make much more with the volume of stuff going through here during times I can turk. i'll have a little more time come nov.

Something in a park - hands on and helping people recreate. This is Chief Ranger of Visitor Experience at James River State Park - where I used to do my yearly kayak trip. It has horse camping, kayaking, hiking, and it's close to all the big breweries and wineries in the state, and it's within an hour of three decent sized cities and some friends of mine. It's right in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The cost of living is really cheap right around it too.

Right now I am super clerical in parks and stuck in a job that I cannot go up in, in a town I hate.

There isn't a ton of recreation jobs, unless you want to carry a gun, and that's not in me.
Well, I hope you get it! Don't give up! Sounds like a nice place to work!
And I don't think I want to carry a gun either lol

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
it's hard though - do I start dating just to leave them behind when the dream happens? or get stuck because I settled with someone here? or never date in hopes I leave but then never leave and end up alone? Buy a townhouse here but then find a job somewhere else and then be stuck or have to pay back the grant for the down payment? i can't afford an acreage here, i would have to be pulling 70k a year or more, and that's never going to happen in my line of work.

A lot of things depend on a lot of other things right now, and I'm getting too old for that shit. I'm sorry, y'all can say I'm not too old, but I am getting to old for me. The things I want are going to become harder and harder to get in my life with every month that ticks by.
Age really is an illusion. I watched my grandpa bike his way up a volcano on Hawaii when he was 90 years old.

I do understand where you are coming from, though, about settling. You could actively search for someone who has the same dream as you. Believe it or not, they are out there.

savvy

Reaction score
Well, I hope you get it! Don't give up! Sounds like a nice place to work!
And I don't think I want to carry a gun either lol
thanks <3 this will be application like 72 of the year, so I don't have a ton of hope. i'm sure it's a mix of not enough experience and too many qualified applicants.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

Carrion.

This machine is obsolete.
Reaction score
One of the upper circles of hell - Florida

There's nothing wrong with casual dating. Not every partner needs to be a potential life partner, as long as you're honest about your intentions when you begin to get closer with someone.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Date but tell them your dream so they know that if it happens your outta there and they can either follow or stay.
idk. I'm so glad I'm married and don't have to worry about dating. :(

Reactions: savvy and Carrion.

charlie

Reaction score
Morning everyone. Did anyone do the survey where you pretend to be from India?

(HIT Details)
Requester Research Surveys
HITs 24
Reward $1.00

The theme seemed to be to concede your opinion to whoever is offering you advice, but then extremely randomly it seemed that'd be wrong. One time your daughter asks you to do something, and you're to concede, another request from your daughter you must accept.
WARNING: You can't alt tab out of inquisit to write down your code at the end. Luckily it was simple enough to remember.
you said inquisit. i say no thanks not doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.