10/08 - Mr. Wizard Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
Good morning all! I used to post here for a bit then stopped. I have been trying to get back into mturk but over the weekend read about " bot gate" and see that there isn't as much work available as it used to be during this time (September/October/start of school year). Is this an actual thing that requestors went somewhere else or it just has to pick up? I know I don't participate in the forums, but just wanted your opinions. Thank you.
It's a real thing (the scare was a real thing - not the actual bots). But I think there has started to be some push back (certainly from amazon itself). There's still money to be made, atm - it's harder. My best guess is that some requesters are coming back, though. Preventing bots is pretty ezpz with survey's - so the requesters just need to calm down a bit.

Last edited:

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My son is off school today for teacher in service. It's nice to not have to rush around. I've worked out and now I'm just sitting on the couch being lazy.

Oh, I keep putting 29 in for my age instead of 30. Great.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Marie Weith for work related to 3AFT28WXLF726ZOCBQXGJ47FZ85IOJ.
The value of your bonus is: $8.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for your participation!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Happy way to start the Monday :D

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My son is off school today for teacher in service. It's nice to not have to rush around. I've worked out and now I'm just sitting on the couch being lazy.

Oh, I keep putting 29 in for my age instead of 30. Great.
Did you just have a birthday? Happy birthday, if so!

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I need to add Canadian Thanksgiving to my list of holidays to celebrate. It is strangely quiet at work today because our Canuck friends aren't blowing us up with their problems.
That is a perfectly good holiday to replace Columbus day with. I'm going to go ahead and make tacos for Canadian Thanksgiving dinner.

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
That is a perfectly good holiday to replace Columbus day with. I'm going to go ahead and make tacos for Canadian Thanksgiving dinner.
Send some my way! I will send them some to hopefully keep them at bay for another... while.

Really though, any day is a holiday with tacos.

Reactions: jan and Despairagus

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I thought everyone had multiple reddit accounts specifically to hide from mturk forum creepers. :watching:
I had 2, one for stuff I didn't mind people I know seeing and another one for more private stuff. But then I lost the login for the first one. whoopsie

Status
Not open for further replies.