Title: Research Study Examining Attitudes About Information | Accept
Requester: Alexandra List [A171904YI9UYOY] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=2.75] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=5] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=13.40] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 3.50
Duration: 3600
Available: 160
Description: 15 min study asking you to answer survey questions about yourself, read four texts, and answer questions about the texts
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We spent our evening in the hospital yesterday the girlfriend has a kidney stone...I know some other people have had some issues with them here but she is in like the worst spot. She has this thing called megelary sponge kidney that is painful causes lots of stones..however because her's aren't super dense a lot of times they can't see them...

So this leads to sitting in an ER for 4 hours with her in extreme pain and them basically refusing to do much of anything. With the tightening of them wanting to give pain meds these days she's in immense pain and you have a doctor going "I don't see a stone so you aren't getting pain medication"

It's annoying as fuck and it's all I can do to not yell at the doctors.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
We spent our evening in the hospital yesterday the girlfriend has a kidney stone...I know some other people have had some issues with them here but she is in like the worst spot. She has this thing called megelary sponge kidney that is painful causes lots of stones..however because her's aren't super dense a lot of times they can't see them...

So this leads to sitting in an ER for 4 hours with her in extreme pain and them basically refusing to do much of anything. With the tightening of them wanting to give pain meds these days she's in immense pain and you have a doctor going "I don't see a stone so you aren't getting pain medication"

That sounds super awful :cry: The whole tightening on pain meds thing sucks, I live with chronic pain and take multiple ibuprofen 800s everyday, if I'm at the hospital I'm gonna need more than that or I'd have stayed home. I can understand the frustration. Hopefully she will start feeling better soon. As a side note as well, does she have a PCP that works with the hospital that you go to? Maybe he can add some notes to her chart about her condition, my doctors had to do so.

Reactions: themildone

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

I'm so sorry for you guys! My sister in law has horrible kidney stones, and that happened to her too. Her's got so bad they had to do surgery. I hope your girlfriend gets some relief soon :(

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
She's had several stones removed stints etc etc, the problem with today's system is doctors think they know everything when in reality they are guessing so if anything is different than the norm they don't know what to do.

Because she has a condition that basically causes them a lot even in talking to a personal doctor etc, she will literally at times get ER doctors that refuse to give her pain meds. It went so far one day that a doctor called her a drug addict that has nothing wrong with her, that about ended in a fight.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Title: Research Study Examining Attitudes About Information | Accept
Requester: Alexandra List [A171904YI9UYOY] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=2.75] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=5] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=13.40] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 3.50
Duration: 3600
Available: 160
Description: 15 min study asking you to answer survey questions about yourself, read four texts, and answer questions about the texts
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]
22 min

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
She's had several stones removed stints etc etc, the problem with today's system is doctors think they know everything when in reality they are guessing so if anything is different than the norm they don't know what to do.

Because she has a condition that basically causes them a lot even in talking to a personal doctor etc, she will literally at times get ER doctors that refuse to give her pain meds. It went so far one day that a doctor called her a drug addict that has nothing wrong with her, that about ended in a fight.
that shit pisses me off so much. I went to the ER once because I was having a panic attack that just wouldn't stop, it had been going on for 3 hours by the time I went. I was very clearly hyperventilating, throwing up, etc. and they refused to give me anything for it because I apparently I was faking.

Did they end up giving her anything for the pain?

Reactions: theturkscribe

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
that shit pisses me off so much. I went to the ER once because I was having a panic attack that just wouldn't stop, it had been going on for 3 hours by the time I went. I was very clearly hyperventilating, throwing up, etc. and they refused to give me anything for it because I apparently I was faking.

Did they end up giving her anything for the pain?
Nope, nothing stronger than we already have at home.

Just remember something if any doctor ever writes on your chart that they think you are faking, drug seeking or a drug addict you can't go there again. Every doctor will see it and you will never be given anything again there.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Nope, nothing stronger than we already have at home.

Just remember something if any doctor ever writes on your chart that they think you are faking, drug seeking or a drug addict you can't go there again. Every doctor will see it and you will never be given anything again there.
After that ER visit I made a big fuss about it, had my regular doc send my file over to prove I was diagnosed with a panic disorder. The next time I went to the ER for the same thing they didn't give me any shit about it. I think that doc was just an asshole.

Reactions: theturkscribe

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After that ER visit I made a big fuss about it, had my regular doc send my file over to prove I was diagnosed with a panic disorder. The next time I went to the ER for the same thing they didn't give me any shit about it. I think that doc was just an asshole.
A lot of them are assholes, one time we were sitting there and this doctor walks in with like 4 other people as he is "training them" and picks up her chart looks at them and says "this students is what we call a drug addict never give them anything" so of course her and I both took exception to this and he acted like oh well that's what you are.

So I asked him right in front of his students if it made him feel like a big man to be a piece of shit that judges people and he looked at me for a moment and I said being a dick is not part of your job and if you do it again your students can help you pick up your teeth...suffice to say that was the last visit to that hospital.

egryan1

Reaction score
When it comes to kidney stones is there anything you can do to prevent them, just wondering cause I have never had them and don't want to start if possible

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When it comes to kidney stones is there anything you can do to prevent them, just wondering cause I have never had them and don't want to start if possible
Don't drink soda, tea is bad for them...honestly though people who get them a lot like my gf does is just a genetic thing.

Reactions: egryan1

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
A lot of them are assholes, one time we were sitting there and this doctor walks in with like 4 other people as he is "training them" and picks up her chart looks at them and says "this students is what we call a drug addict never give them anything" so of course her and I both took exception to this and he acted like oh well that's what you are.

So I asked him right in front of his students if it made him feel like a big man to be a piece of shit that judges people and he looked at me for a moment and I said being a dick is not part of your job and if you do it again your students can help you pick up your teeth...suffice to say that was the last visit to that hospital.
holy shit what a dick! Please tell me you filed a complaint? That's absolutely ridiculous, even if she actually was an addict. You don't talk to someone like that.

When I was pregnant with kiddo I went into preterm labor and tested positive for meth. My OB was threatening me, saying my baby would be taken from me before I could even hold him and I wouldn't see him again. It was terrifying. (it was a false positive for zantac, which I knew was the cause but he insisted he'd never heard of that causing a false positive)

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
holy shit what a dick! Please tell me you filed a complaint? That's absolutely ridiculous, even if she actually was an addict. You don't talk to someone like that.

When I was pregnant with kiddo I went into preterm labor and tested positive for meth. My OB was threatening me, saying my baby would be taken from me before I could even hold him and I wouldn't see him again. It was terrifying. (it was a false positive for zantac, which I knew was the cause but he insisted he'd never heard of that causing a false positive)
Yea it didn't do anything..other than I am now on the list that I'm not allowed there.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's pretty frustrating when you can tell they have no desire to listen to what you have to say.

"My book says your condition doesn't cause pain, nevermind that every person with it says it's very painful" So your kidney hurts, it hurts like hell when you pee, you have a history of kidney stones, but since this scan doesn't show one we don't believe you so fuck off.

Being a Dr is going to school for 10 years to basically guess what is wrong with someone...and hey if you want someone to be in extreme pain to prove a point who cares right?

Status
Not open for further replies.