10/08 - Mr. Wizard Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: 10 minute study for $1 plus possible bonus. Must have access to audio and video(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: The Wharton School [ABIUW8FBC3EE7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.53] [Pay=4.20] [Fast=4.10] [Comm=4.50] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.66] [Fast=4.55] [Comm=3.93] [Fair=4.54] [Reviews=476] [ToS=2]
TO2: [Hrly=0.44] [Pen=1.73 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=76%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=9]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: Complete a 10 minute study for $1 plus possible bonus. Must have access to audio and video
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US; Exc: [19-109709] DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My 7 year old is so greedy and selfish these days it is obnoxious. He broke his tablet this summer on purpose by standing on his dresser and throwing it off. So this morning I saw that he downloaded YouTube on his sister's tablet after I specifically deleted it off his Xbox because I didn't want him watching anything on there.

I want to make him volunteer this Christmas season but how can I make him see that there are kids out there with way less than him without not telling him Santa isn't real (I would just tell him but then he'd go blabbing it to his class and his younger sister and I don't want to ruin it for anyone else)? Sorry for the unrelated Monday morning rant.
Just because some kids don't get presents doesn't mean that you have to ruin the illusion of Santa. My mom always said that there were some kids that didn't get presents. It wasn't cause they were bad, or there was no Santa. It was because of something even worse, Santa couldn't deliver presents because they didn't have a house, or a chimney, or a tree, and the only stockings they had were being used to keep their feet warm. So, they didn't not get presents because of no Santa. He just didn't know where to deliver them.
Also, commendable triple negative.(without not telling him Santa isn't real):thumbup: It took me a minute to try and decipher it, then I just gave up and figured you win.:p

Last edited:

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
It's extremely hard these days, self entitlement runs rampant these days and it's super hard to get rid of.
I don't know where it even came from. We don't spoil our kids but they think they deserve everything. My son would probably like volunteering (he asks to do chores around the house) but I don't think I'll even be getting the message across to him.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I have to, it drives me nuts if I don't.

It only includes hits that have already paid. Whatever is still pending will count towards the week it actually approves. so if all your pendings approve today, it will count for the weekly you get this coming sunday
That's interesting. I did not even consider it may include items done in a week before. So my weekly earning report will never match an excel spreadsheet of hits actually done for the week.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
That's interesting. I did not even consider it may include items done in a week before. So my weekly earning report will never match an excel spreadsheet of hits actually done for the week.
correct :)

Reactions: Kennedy

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Only if you take 30days off prior and everything approves AND pays before week's close.:)

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
Just because some kids don't get presents doesn't mean that you have to ruin the illusion of Santa. My mom always said that there were some kids that didn't get presents. It wasn't cause they were bad, or there was no Santa. It was because of something even worse, Santa couldn't deliver presents because they didn't have a house, or a chimney, or a tree, and the only stockings they had were being used to keep their feet warm. So, they didn't not get presents because of no Santa. He just didn't know where to deliver them. Also, commendable triple negative.(without not telling him Santa isn't real) It took me a minute to try and decipher it, then I just gave up and figured you win.:p
I like that idea, thanks. As far as the triple negative, this time of the morning is B.C. (before coffee) so what I said might not be correct although it sounded good to me at the time. I don't want to tell him there is no such thing as Santa?

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know where it even came from. We don't spoil our kids but they think they deserve everything. My son would probably like volunteering (he asks to do chores around the house) but I don't think I'll even be getting the message across to him.
I'm not sure honestly, I think school promotes a lot of it. Kids are taught that if anyone does anything they don't like it's not ok and they should say something to someone about it. No one is ever taught anymore sometimes someone will say something you don't like...get over it. They are all taught that they are special and all of their whims matter.

I fucking hate that and trying to tell the school that coddling the kids is bad for them results in them acting like you are a bad parent, no shit.

Reactions: Maria Tortilla

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I like that idea, thanks. As far as the triple negative, this time of the morning is B.C. (before coffee) so what I said might not be correct although it sounded good to me at the time. I don't want to tell him there is no such thing as Santa?
I thought it was awesome. I have trouble pulling them off because I try to work out what the hell I just said before I finish the sentence and, it ruins the effect.:)

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
i get to spend my day off cleaning my horrifying kitchen, none of the horror i contributed.
edit: after I stood in the kitchen watching a sad music video eating cold tater tots.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It also helps to explain the donation trees. Mom said they were the trees for kids who didn't have one where they lived, so Santa could sometimes get them to them.

jan

Reaction score
i get to spend my day off cleaning my horrifying kitchen, none of the horror i contributed.
edit: after I stood in the kitchen watching a sad music video eating cold tater tots.
welcome to my world
(you know, parenthood :LOL: )

Reactions: themildone

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm going to add to my last post also...

The everyone gets a trophy/no one loses culture is bad for self entitlement to. I see it with my 2 kids that are adults now, they can't handle criticism at all, even if you do it very nicely. Being told they do anything wrong, need to do something different you can see how much they can't handle it.

We have this whole generation of people who have basically been taught everything should be catered to them, they'll never lose or be told they do something wrong ever. It's just a bunch of thin skinned bullshit that makes people not be able to handle real problems in my view.

Reactions: Maria Tortilla

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I did that yesterday...our youngest had her birthday party and her teenage friends trashed my house and I wanted to kill them.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | Accept
Requester: Xuan Zhao [AS77X7ELD9H2I] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.71] [Fast=3.50] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=11] [ToS=8]
TO2: [Hrly=10.91] [Pen=3.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=2] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.80
Duration: 1800
Description: Hello! We'd like to invite you to take this very short survey about your preference for financial products. The survey will take about 5 minutes. Thank you!
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
I did that yesterday...our youngest had her birthday party and her teenage friends trashed my house and I wanted to kill them.
this is just people living their lives.. never cleaning. i'm the only one to clean common areas.... home owner will help occasionally...other roommate won't ever.

Reactions: Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Title: Evaluating Teases | Accept
Requester: Lauren Pino [A3UEUB68391BZE] Contact
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.56
Duration: 3600
Description: You will be asked to complete a task where you read short scenarios that involve one person teasing another person, then you will be asked to evaluate the tease and answer a multiplechoice question about the scenario.
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your perceptions | Accept
Requester: Avner Caspi [A2A1O6V9XBM9PR] Contact
TO: [Pay=4.33] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=13.64] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.25
Duration: 900
Description: Watching carefully 6 short clips and answering questions after each clip
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 20
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.