10/01 - Makeover Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I have thought about that. Not sure how you do that??? Just walk in and say hey why didn't I get a raise?
I'd schedule a meeting with your boss, if that's a thing where you work, and be professional about it. By professional I mean try not to cry, b/c I cry when I'm really angry and it's embarrassing.

Edit: Not that you don't know to be professional... I just KNOW I'd go in there like "Listen, I'd like to know why..." *que anger tears*

Last edited:

cassius

Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about online opinion expression! (WARNING: This HIT may contain explicit language. Worker discretion is advised) | Accept
Requester: MOrd [A9KIYYPDTP4YW] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 1800
Available: 1
Description: You are invited to participate in a research study that aims to examine personal opinion expression on Facebook. WARNING: This HIT may contain explicit language. Only workers aged 21 and older are allowed, and worker discretion is advised.
Qualifications: Facebook Account Holder EqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 65; Location EqualTo US; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
little long for money but survivalable.[/td][/tr]

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'd schedule a meeting with your boss, if that's a thing where you work, and be professional about it. By professional I mean try not to cry, b/c I cry when I'm really angry and it's embarrassing.

Edit: Not that you don't know to be professional... I just KNOW I'd go in there like "Listen, I'd like to know why..." *que anger tears*
Oh me too - it's really not good :LOL: I can't say that it's never gone well for me though. sigh.

Reactions: Liz and Despairagus

cassius

Reaction score
Good morning! Back at my own desk in my own home :love:

Had to sleep on the couch last night so my cat could gaze at me, lick my face, put her paws on my face, and rub all over me rather than yodeling at the door all night. Idk what I did to deserve this cat, or if she is a punishment or a gift. But clearly she missed me.
at least she missed you. some cats will punish you for being gone by ignoring you till you bribe them with their favorite treat.

Reactions: Despairagus

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Oh me too - it's really not good :LOL: I can't say that it's never gone well for me though. sigh.
It's a great argument diffuser lol. I just hate being like full on ugly crying like "LOOK I'M NOT SAD, I'M JUST REALLY ANGRY AT YOU! Pretend I'm not crying!" lmao

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
i just read this It is a great article :)
Biggest thing I got from it is "I have a morbid fear of voicemail. I don’t like talking on the phone. I am bad at responding to emails, let alone initiating an email conversation. Friends naturally fall out of touch with me for long stretches of time." I've found that this is more and more frequent. Social anxiety is feeling like an epidemic caused by learning social media before learning those important social skills.
I feel like you are supposed to fall out of touch with some people. I'm of the opinion that social circles should evolve and not just grow. It creates a lot more of that emotional labor because everyone thinks they have 500 "friends". In my world, I don't require a social circle as large as that, so I find it easier to manage.
I'm not a very active social media user yet the internet in general is still a huge part of everything I do. Like is it even possible to function without a cell phone now?
I only have cell service when I'm on wifi. When I leave the house, I'm unreachable, unless I make the choice to grab a wifi signal somewhere. It's glorious. My phone can die for a day or 2 and, I'm not too worried about missing anything. I originally got a cell phone for my convenience(back in 1994) so that I could call people when I wanted. Not so that I could be at everyone's beck and call 24/7. I had a pager for that and responded when I felt like it. But, I'm a dinosaur. That said, I haven't canceled my FB because, I may need it at some point but, only about once a week for 10 or 15 minutes.
I'm a weirdo, I guess. I'm all for tech and it's benefits but, not at the expense of skills that have served me well in the past, like being able to talk to someone face to face. I dated a girl a couple years back that felt severely limited because she refused to talk on the phone, to anyone, ever. All text, email or SM. I looked at it as a severe handicap that I'm not sure I'd be willing to depend on FB to remedy. Tech breaks. Then what? Even if it's for a day, people who only communicate that way would be cut right off.

I guess it boils down to too much of a good thing. Idk.

Last edited:
Reactions: savvy

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Jerami @Jerami Did you figure out what you're going to do over the Windows thing? I just remembered I've got a buddy at Microsoft that can give you a discount code.. can't remember how much of a discount it is, but its something.

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Jerami @Jerami Did you figure out what you're going to do over the Windows thing? I just remembered I've got a buddy at Microsoft that can give you a discount code.. can't remember how much of a discount it is, but its something.
I haven't figured anything out yet. It's not super pressing but, I sure do love discounts. Let me know what info you need from me.:)

Reactions: Metallica

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't figured anything out yet. It's not super pressing but, I sure do love discounts. Let me know what info you need from me.:)
I'll just need your email address. You pay the employee price for whatever it is you want, so I assume its a pretty hefty one.
Register your Friends & Family pass and you’ll have access to spend up to $250* on digital downloads of Microsoft software and games at employee prices in the Microsoft Company Store!
I'll let you know when I manage to contact him :)

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'll just need your email address. You pay the employee price for whatever it is you want, so I assume its a pretty hefty one.

I'll let you know when I manage to contact him :)
Thanks. I PM'd you. No rush at all. Appreciate it.:)

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score

YES!!! I cry when I get mad too and I hate it. People think I'm all sad and hurt and no that's not it I am pissed!! I risk the chance of being fired, you don't question things but I can't just not know this. I work nonstop 24/7 for these people.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
at least she missed you. some cats will punish you for being gone by ignoring you till you bribe them with their favorite treat.
Oh I know. She's my best pal, too, so I dig it. BUT we were in the car 12 hours, the last few were pretty stressful, and we were tired. Kinda wanted to go to sleep and not listen to the mournful kitten opera or be woken up by extreme kitty love all night lol

I'm going to take her to the beach today for some good 'ol kitten fun.

Reactions: cassius

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I think I have an ear infection :thinking:

Reactions: ChristopherASA

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I think I have an ear infection :thinking:
:( Hopefully it's just an irritation/swelling and not a full blown infection. I hope it goes away quickly for you. They're annoying.

Reactions: Sondi

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Taking my youngest to the doctor today for the same thing. Hope yours feels better
Thank you! Dr. google said 80% of adult ones go away on their own, so I'm just going to drink lots of water and be happy my mom is coming in tomorrow. It's not too bad right now so hopefully it doesn't get worse!

Reactions: Liz

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Recipes categorisation | Accept
Requester: Morsum [A1NFUS9N5UTJCD] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.25
Duration: 300
Available: 15
Description: Look at the recipe name, ingredients and instructions and answers the questions below. Please do not leave anything empty and consider multiple categories per answer.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 80
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
I don't feel like doing a lot of these because scaredmoney but they pay.. OK. Time: 01:38 Hourly: $9.15[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Liz
Status
Not open for further replies.