10/01 - Makeover Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Maybe you should print the things you find for them on an 8.5x11 piece of cheap paper and hand it to them. You could call it something crazy like a newsletter. Be the change you want to see.:p

I'm just playing now.
and start a mailing list across the country in my spare time with my spare monies? it's not so much a local community i'm worried about but the worldwide community. I'm in a niche with my horsemanship and horse trimming theories, it isn't widely accepted. I trim my own horses feet because there is no one within a 2 hour radius i trust touching my horses feet lol. its a conundrum. I see what you're saying, it's just SM has made a lot of these things easier. There are good parts of SM. and terrible. I succumb to the terrible.

I had cut SM way down until I got a crush on someone. I think SM is most toxic to close relationships.

Reactions: Jerami

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
My alternate (hopeful) prediction is that it will be seen as 'uncool' to be constantly on your phone when my kids are teenagers. Something old people do. But that dopamine is hard to resist.

The other day the power in our neighborhood went out for around 45mins and literally every single person up and down the street went outside to sit around and chat with the neighbors. It was like bizarro world :spaz:
Its strange how being a parent makes you see things differently. I never would have had the thought in my previous post if I didn't have my own hellion. Of course I don't think every kid will turn out that way since ultimately the parent is in control of their social media habits early on (which is why I pointed out I wasn't trying to be inflammatory.. people get touchy about that stuff :wink: )

edit: completely different thought here and probably pretty tinfoily, but I really dislike how far FB has expanded.. the upcoming dating service for example. We already know the effects FB and the like have on relationships, so giving it a proper breeding ground is only going to cause more trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: savvy and Sondi

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Our culture is so ingrained in all of the social media stuff now that it is basically impossible to function without phone/computer/internet if you lack those things or don't want them life is harder.

GemStone

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: News and Current Events Survey | PANDA
Requester: Polkom [A2A43FIZE30VQG] (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 4.00]
Description:
3 minute survey on news and current events
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 38
Reward: $0.36
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US;

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
and start a mailing list across the country in my spare time with my spare monies? it's not so much a local community i'm worried about but the worldwide community. I'm in a niche with my horsemanship and horse trimming theories, it isn't widely accepted. I trim my own horses feet because there is no one within a 2 hour radius i trust touching my horses feet lol. its a conundrum. I see what you're saying, it's just SM has made a lot of these things easier. There are good parts of SM. and terrible. I succumb to the terrible.

I had cut SM way down until I got a crush on someone. I think SM is most toxic to close relationships.
I personally, no offense to anyone here, compartmentalize so that there is a big distinction between real people and online people. Lots of people these days make no distinction between relationships formed only based on someone's online presence and people that they actually 'know'. When SM first came out, I treated them the same too. Then I realized that someone's online presence is only what they choose to share. Most people don't choose to share their bad qualities, obviously. It all feels like a performance to me. But, anyway, that's my opinion. :)

I'm taking a break for foods.

Reactions: GemStone and savvy

jan

Reaction score
My alternate (hopeful) prediction is that it will be seen as 'uncool' to be constantly on your phone when my kids are teenagers. Something old people do. But that dopamine is hard to resist.

The other day the power in our neighborhood went out for around 45mins and literally every single person up and down the street went outside to sit around and chat with the neighbors. It was like bizarro world :spaz:
Our old neighborhood in FL was like that all the time (minus the power thing). We had monthly potlucks in the park, lots of community interaction (this was just our little old neighborhood). My daughter misses it a lot, so do I (the park, not FL). We could go down just about any time and there were folks to talk to - and people to meet. We knew everyone. Up here, not so much.......and there are no friendly parks to socialize in.

Last edited:

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
5c signed engineering and topic sergeys trickling in... come on money!

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I could sleep for at least another 6 hours...kiddo sang in the kid's choir at church yesterday and was a lion in a play, then we went to the park for a big lunch and played for about 5 hours. I'm exhausted. He's full of energy. SOS.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not a very active social media user yet the internet in general is still a huge part of everything I do. Like is it even possible to function without a cell phone now?

Reactions: Minx2121

JTurk

Reaction score
Title: Judgment and Decision-Making Questionnaire(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Research Man [A176L74J8TH7I5] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.82] [Pay=4.60] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.38] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=4.20] [Reviews=10] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=11.25] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=1] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1800
Available: 1
Description: Please complete this 10 mins long survey and enter the completion code for payment. Thank you.
Qualifications: Exc: [3488343-108813] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
5min~[/td][/tr]

Reactions: GemStone

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
Not turk related at all. Last week raises were handed out to a few people I work closely with, I did not get one! I am beyond livid and have no idea how to approach this. I called in today I am so mad. I need a job and don't want to lose the one I have until I get something else. I have been interviewing but no offers yet. I don't even know what to say, I have never been treated so poorly.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Good morning! Back at my own desk in my own home :love:

Had to sleep on the couch last night so my cat could gaze at me, lick my face, put her paws on my face, and rub all over me rather than yodeling at the door all night. Idk what I did to deserve this cat, or if she is a punishment or a gift. But clearly she missed me.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Not turk related at all. Last week raises were handed out to a few people I work closely with, I did not get one! I am beyond livid and have no idea how to approach this. I called in today I am so mad. I need a job and don't want to lose the one I have until I get something else. I have been interviewing but no offers yet. I don't even know what to say, I have never been treated so poorly.
That's really really cruddy. You should ask directly why you weren't given a raise.

Reactions: themildone and Liz

JTurk

Reaction score
$4 dollars :O i'm rich

Good night y'all. :redpandaannoyed:

Reactions: Minx2121
Status
Not open for further replies.