09/11 - Toco Toucan Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have no idea what the survey content is, since I never opened it .. just going from someone else's post here. :wink:
Still, we wouldn't want to repeat their mistake.:wink:
I'm so sorry, still getting into this whole thing. One last question. any link to tell me what a PRE is?
It's a Page Request Error. They happen if you try to contact Mturk more than about once per second(give or take). Contact can be things like HitFinder, HitCatcher or PC(pandaCrazy), previewing a HIT, submitting a HIT, pretty much anything. If you do it too often, you get a PRE. If you get a PRE, you have to pause for a couple of seconds so that you stop getting them because otherwise, all the page says is "Page Request Error".

Reactions: Diniwini

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
Blockchain survey(~ 1 minutes)

This survey should not take you more than 20 minutes to complete.

For your participation, you will be given 1{2}amp;amp;nbsp;

Is that some sort of new designer drug the kids are taking at Electric Daisy Carnival?

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Blockchain survey(~ 1 minutes)

This survey should not take you more than 20 minutes to complete.

For your participation, you will be given 1{2}amp;amp;nbsp;

Is that some sort of new designer drug the kids are taking at Electric Daisy Carnival?
I always love that. The title says 5-7min. the preview page says 10-15, then the consent page says "around 30 minutes". Good times.:p

turkinusa

Reaction score
This is inserted mid survey to prevent fraudulent submission by bots (now accounting for 10-20% of turk responses).

there's no way this is true, right? also mods if this counts as survey content i don't even

rsclone

Banned
Reaction score
I always love that. The title says 5-7min. the preview page says 10-15, then the consent page says "around 30 minutes". Good times.:p
I was just looking forward to a new psychedelic as my payment mostly...I'm all out of 2CB...

turkinusa

Reaction score
"...to prevent fraudulent submission by bots (now accounting for 10-20% of turk responses)."

Where did they get this number again?
that's my question exactly. with the amount of crap it takes to get your bank account etc set up, there's just no way, imo

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
This is inserted mid survey to prevent fraudulent submission by bots (now accounting for 10-20% of turk responses).

there's no way this is true, right? also mods if this counts as survey content i don't even
It wouldn't be content because you're not talking about a specific HIT that you quoted. I wouldn't be surprised if it's nearly accurate. I'd say a 10% error rate is pretty standard, whether we're talking about bots or human "bots"(people who just submit the same garbage that a bot would).

Reactions: cb456

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
"...to prevent fraudulent submission by bots (now accounting for 10-20% of turk responses)."

Where did they get this number again?
its an approximation of an idea that someone posted on facebook group that a magazine wrote an online article about.
so its probably 10-20% accurate.
therefore 100% the defacto truth.

turkinusa

Reaction score
It wouldn't be content because you're not talking about a specific HIT that you quoted. I wouldn't be surprised if it's nearly accurate. I'd say a 10% error rate is pretty standard, whether we're talking about bots or human "bots"(people who just submit the same garbage that a bot would).
i got mod edited for mentioning types of attention checks (not survey specific) once soooo idk idk

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
i got mod edited for mentioning types of attention checks (not survey specific) once soooo idk idk
Well, mentioning types of attention checks could effect how people complete a survey, whereas a random fact from a hypothetical survey wouldn't change anyone's responses. That's my guess but, I'm not a mod.:)

EDIT Also, Mods will err on the side of caution. So, if there's a chance it's content, better safe than sorry.:)

Last edited:

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Aren't the attention checks there for that purpose? Are we talking about human errors. or people randomly clicking through surveys?

What's the error rate for requesters? And how do we know that they aren't bots? :thinking:

turkinusa

Reaction score
Aren't the attention checks there for that purpose? Are we talking about human errors. or people randomly clicking through surveys?

What's the error rate for requesters? And how do we know that they aren't bots? :thinking:
some of these pay rates make me wonder lol

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Bots can get through some attention checks. Also, if it's a human who random clicks but, keeps an eye out for attention checks, they're essentially a bot, imo. Same garbage data, regardless of it's source.

I don't care if the requesters are bots. As long as the check clears.:D

rsclone

Banned
Reaction score
having seen some of the crazy answers and crazy posts in different places that people put asking why this/why that and having an obviously poor grasp of the language used in most surveys I would bet there is easily 10-20% of people using scripts or extensions that fill in survey pages with one click....

and I see reviews on TO for how fast people get thru things that took me 3x as long so I know they must be using them to be that quick...

Status
Not open for further replies.