Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I got a ton of PRE's today with it on 900 :\
That can happen, especially if you have anything else running, or are completing HITs pretty quickly. Sometimes people forget to figure in their "working HITs" into their PRE math. Like, if you have your catcher squeaking by, just barely not getting PREs, if you submit a HIT or 2 pretty quickly that can start the PREs.
That's weird. You might have to adjust your other scripts' timers a bit and see if that helps. Increase them by a bit to see if PREs go down.
That's not super weird, imo. 900 is about the limit, if you're running anything else and working HITs at the same time. Anything under once per second can get into PRE territory pretty quickly. This may not always be the case but, it's a general rule. Then again, I'm of the school of thought that I don't want any PREs. I'm not willing to pause for 2 seconds once I do get one. I like bleeding edge and all but, if I get PREs, I don't feel like I'm managing things properly. I also don't batch that often so, all of this could be wrong. lol

EDIT My thought is that if you get it down to 500ms, and catch 4 before you get a PRE, then pause for 1800ms, you really still only caught 4 in 4 seconds. So I just keep it around 1000ms.

Last edited:

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been lurking on this forum for several months before I joined, and it amazes me how many people I see join, go gung-ho for a week or two, and then fizzle out. Mturk takes a lot of self-motivation and I thought that learning curve the first month was steep. It still is for me at times :pie:

Dragonfly

Reaction score
How long does it usually take for someone to complete enough HITS to reach the requester milestones?
I know time and attention is variable depending on the person but if you were to put a number on it what would it be?
I started July 6th and have 3,154 HITS as of right now. I'm not on all day everyday though.

StarfoxJ

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been lurking on this forum for several months before I joined, and it amazes me how many people I see join, go gung-ho for a week or two, and then fizzle out. Mturk takes a lot of self-motivation and I thought that learning curve the first month was steep. It still is for me at times :pie:
still learning 4-5 years later.. gotta want it and not jump off a cliff.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: 20-minute study! Help us study how experiencing sexual racism affects men of color who have sex with men's health | Accept
Requester: Yash bhambhani [A30XGZOCV65TPK] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=0.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.25
Duration: 2700
Available: 8
Description: This study investigates how experiences of sexual racism (for eg, "No Asians/No Blacks") affect psychological health. We want to hear from you. Please note that we can only accept your work if inclusion criteria is met. Thank you!
Qualifications: Previous DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.11
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
I don't understand this title. Hopefully 20 minutes is an overestimation.[/td][/tr]

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
That can happen, especially if you have anything else running, or are completing HITs pretty quickly. Sometimes people forget to figure in their "working HITs" into their PRE math. Like, if you have your catcher squeaking by, just barely not getting PREs, if you submit a HIT or 2 pretty quickly that can start the PREs.

That's not super weird, imo. 900 is about the limit, if you're running anything else and working HITs at the same time. Anything under once per second can get into PRE territory pretty quickly. This may not always be the case but, it's a general rule. Then again, I'm of the school of thought that I don't want any PREs. I'm not willing to pause for 2 seconds once I do get one. I like bleeding edge and all but, if I get PREs, I don't feel like I'm managing things properly. I also don't batch that often so, all of this could be wrong. lol
I did figure out the other day that I was doing A9's so fast that it was giving me PRE's! I thought that was pretty neat. I've turned it down to 900 and am catching things a hell of a lot easier than earlier, and no PRE's yet. Going to keep an eye on it though. I'm wondering if I was running another script that was causing the PRE's in the beginning, and I never bothered to check again.

Reactions: Jerami

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: 20-minute study! Help us study how experiencing sexual racism affects men of color who have sex with men's health | Accept
Requester: Yash bhambhani [A30XGZOCV65TPK] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=0.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.25
Duration: 2700
Available: 8
Description: This study investigates how experiences of sexual racism (for eg, "No Asians/No Blacks") affect psychological health. We want to hear from you. Please note that we can only accept your work if inclusion criteria is met. Thank you!
Qualifications: Previous DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.11
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
I don't understand this title. Hopefully 20 minutes is an overestimation.[/td][/tr]
You gotta be a "queer man of color"don't you? That was the old title... is this a new one??

Reactions: mboone73

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
You gotta be a "queer man of color"don't you? That was the old title... is this a new one??
Oh, I wasn't going to do it. I was just hoping someone could make sense of the title for me. :)

Reactions: Despairagus

Diniwini

Reaction score
It shouldn't be hard to do 100 HITs a day, during your 10 day probation. Of course, if you're trying to catch great HITs and do stuff that's got decent pay, it can take significantly longer. Getting numbers and making a decent amount per day are separate goals that don't always work together because, to get numbers safely and quickly, you may be doing penny HITs. So, in the beginning, before you hit those milestones, you may have to make the choice of numbers or income.
But, 1000 should be easily achievable in the first 10 or 11 days. If it's not, it's usually because people are expecting to make more and disregard the numbers HITs that they should be doing when they start because they don't pay well enough. That is true but, it's just like being a lightly paid intern where, sometimes you have to make the choice between experience and income.
The max(3800 a day) is achievable with the right batch. 100 a day is easy. So, in that case 1000 in 10 days and 5000 in 50 is easy. If you do more, it can happen much quicker.:)
My issue is finding little penny hits that I can just run through. All the penny stuff takes forever to do or I'm not qualified for (because they want the big 1000 or 5000 milestones)

Reactions: Jerami

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
I started July 6th and have 3,154 HITS as of right now. I'm not on all day everyday though.
I started 11 months ago if I remember correctly and just got over 2500 HITs, but I only work at HITs when I'm not doing something that I think is more productive at the moment though, so it's part-time. I have lots of side gigs and income streams and this is just one of them. I still follow the daily thread a lot though because I learn lots of tips, like PRE stuff tonight, and also learn about quals and other things I might miss otherwise.

Plus I like you people too, for I myself am strange and unusual. :smiley:

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
I have no clue how a PRE works. I just know what works for me. :dead:

LisaPisa

Reaction score
My issue is finding little penny hits that I can just run through. All the penny stuff takes forever to do or I'm not qualified for (because they want the big 1000 or 5000 milestones)
How do you feel about Ben Peterson?

Reactions: Dragonfly

charlie

Reaction score
I'm sick of not qualifying for some of the better paying and possibly not as boring ones that I see. I'm at 196 now. I'm going to try and get to 500 by the weekend.
keep watch for the A9 production validation hits.. they're penny hits but they are fast and mindless activity so they will help get you up there. I don't know if they're still around but for quite some time I also did a bunch of the p9r transcription hits.. type what you saw in the handwritten samples.. grueling work but it got me to a better place more quickly.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Oh, I wasn't going to do it. I was just hoping someone could make sense of the title for me. :)
What, you don't have sex with men's health? It's all the rage

Reactions: mboone73

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Pro tip: There have to be hits to catch for hit catcher to work.

Reactions: cb456 and Michele

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
What, you don't have sex with men's health? It's all the rage
I didn't even know that was a possibility before today. Now I totally want to f**k men's health.

Reactions: Starslip

Dragonfly

Reaction score
I started 11 months ago if I remember correctly and just got over 2500 HITs, but I only work at HITs when I'm not doing something that I think is more productive at the moment though, so it's part-time. I have lots of side gigs and income streams and this is just one of them. I still follow the daily thread a lot though because I learn lots of tips, like PRE stuff tonight, and also learn about quals and other things I might miss otherwise.

Plus I like you people too, for I myself am strange and unusual. :smiley:
I agree! I like this group. And I'm always learning something new. Like last night I finally looked into Overwatch and learned it can notify me for qualification HITs. Sadly my computer crashed during one of them and there are no retakes but still was nice to try out.

Last edited:
Reactions: KillMoles
Status
Not open for further replies.