08/24 - Bounding Box Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
18 years older than you. something to think about there. better learn to do those things yourself.
My husband is 8 years older than me and I'm working on learning how to 'do' finance after years of not really taking any interest :rain:

he's also helping more with the kids and house now, which is great :)

we talk about division of labor a loooot since it's one of our major tension points

Me too!!!:)
Ok that's just cute :LOL:

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
My husband is the one that tells me there are things that are "his job". Once when I was trying to help him shovel the snow on the driveway, he got mad at me because "what would the neighbors think". At first I was mad about it, but I'm used to it now. I haven't pumped my own gas, opened my own car door, done any maintenance on the car, or "fixed" anything since we've been married (7 years). He is 18 years older than me though, so we are from different generations.....
He sounds like a real axe wielder.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Yeah, that is wayyy different than what I'm talking about. No one should have to do it all. :unsure:
As long as it works for you and you are happy it's all good. At least you know he cares enough to not hand you a shovel and tell you to have fun in a blizzard. lol

Reactions: Silver Laxarus

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
18 years older than you. something to think about there. better learn to do those things yourself.
Oh, I know how to do those things lol. Unfortunately, this is not my first marriage.... He'll probably outlive me though. His parents are in their 90s and he is in great health (they have really good genes).

Reactions: cassius

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: A Research Study on Social Interaction(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Jason Pierce [AK8ZZBAVUDJUM] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=4.57] [Fast=4.64] [Comm=4.25] [Fair=4.67] [Reviews=17] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 1800
Available: 1
Description: A Survey Consisting of 4 Brief Questionairres
Qualifications: Exc: [101414180-103609] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.8
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Attention and Intentions(~ 14 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Almog Simchon [A263XRXWQXBFVP] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.89] [Fast=4.20] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=4.20] [Reviews=12] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.68
Duration: 2400
Available: 1
Description: A 14 minutes study in which you will be asked to watch short films, rate their emotions and answer a few questions.
Qualifications: 789f4000 DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [3307568-103346] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 85; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.8
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
I see an occasional UserBob floating around in case anyone likes doing those.

Other than that, it is very Friday-ish on the Turk.

cassius

Reaction score
My husband is 8 years older than me and I'm working on learning how to 'do' finance after years of not really taking any interest :rain:

he's also helping more with the kids and house now, which is great :)

we talk about division of labor a loooot since it's one of our major tension points

Ok that's just cute :LOL:
That's a good thing. you are both close enough in age that you'll kind of keep up with each other. but yeah, women need to know how to do those things. Men seem to admire women if they are more independent or at least respect it. when they attack because you are doing things they don't want us to do, it's a power trip thing. I know. I lived that life. lately i met someone again after 12 years of refusing to be social and it's a bit difficult. Like no, I do those things myself and will continue doing them. Don't be mean about it but as the saying goes " don't give away your power."

Reactions: jklmnop and Sondi

glowarr

Reaction score
I'm getting this error message on a LOT of surveys when I try to open them:
400 Bad Request
Request Header Or Cookie Too Largenginx

What's up with this? I got this error message on 5 surveys in a row this morning.

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
When I met my wife she was pretty independent but as the years have gone by she gradually did less and less for herself until we're at the point where I am shocked when she turns the tv on for herself. Lately I have been refusing to do stuff for her and telling her that I don't want to live like that. She expects me to do all the cleaning and yard care for 2 houses and do everything for the kids so she can relax after work.

fuck. that.
Is she dealing with depression or some other kind of mental illness? Normally there are reasons for behavior changes like that.

Reactions: cassius

cassius

Reaction score
Oh, I know how to do those things lol. Unfortunately, this is not my first marriage.... He'll probably outlive me though. His parents are in their 90s and he is in great health (they have really good genes).
body wears down though. i'm not so much talking about death as the problems that come with aging. just gently let him know you need to do some things because you are a responsible adult.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
400 Bad Request

What's up with this? I got this error message on 5 surveys in a row this morning.
clear your qualtrics cookies

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
400 Bad Request

clear cookies, temp internet files, etc. in your browser. It will most likely fix this.

Reactions: Silver Laxarus

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Is she dealing with depression or some other kind of mental illness? Normally there are reasons for behavior changes like that.
Her mom says that she just reverted back to how she was when she lived at home and had someone to wait on her constantly. I guess they had to literally lock her out of her room and hold the key ransom until she would do chores.

I think she was trying to impress me until after we were married. lol

Reactions: theturkscribe

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
body wears down though. i'm not so much talking about death as the problems that come with aging. just gently let him know you need to do some things because you are a responsible adult.
Yeah, I think I've gotten used to it after the 10+ years of hell I spent in my first marriage where I had to do it all, then the five years of single parenting that came after that. I had become so tired from working two jobs, not having days off and having to do everything by myself that it was easy when he wanted to do things for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.