08/24 - Bounding Box Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
goodness. if someone's response to their partner saying no to one little thing is to kick them to the couch...there are bigger problems.
She can handle it. She's not used to me telling her no so I try to be gentle about it but, come on, wanting me to drive 60 miles round trip so she can avoid social interaction out of her comfort zone isn't happening today.

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
She can put on her adult pants and deal with it. I will call and make the appointment for her but she can drive the 50 ft and get it done. I don't say anything about how she hasn't done dishes in 6 years or never even fed her own cat in half a decade but I won't cave in on this. Nuh uh. Nope nope nope.
She can handle it. She's not used to me telling her no so I try to be gentle about it but, come on, wanting me to drive 60 miles round trip so she can avoid social interaction out of her comfort zone isn't happening today.

jan

Reaction score

cassius

Reaction score
she has to learn to take care of things herself. what if you are mturking on your couch and have a fatal heart attack mid survey?:angelic:

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Follow up Psychology Study ( $25 bonus after all waves)(~ 8 minutes) | Accept
Requester: SurveyComet [A3NC2P2SPK9QQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$21.06] [Pay=3.97] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=4.40] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.21] [Fast=4.73] [Comm=4.25] [Fair=4.82] [Reviews=511] [ToS=1]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 2700
Available: 4
Description: $1 payment with $25 bonus after all waves (2 more short surveys until the bonus)
Qualifications: Inc: [19-103524] Exists ; Exc: [104113-103524] DoesNotExist ; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
x[/td][/tr]

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Ugh.

Wife has a leaky tire on her car. She works right across from a tire place but wants me to come into Saginaw with the toddler and go get it fixed for her, instead of doing it on her lunch because this is 'guy stuff.'

No way. Not driving 30 miles one way with a cranky kid.
My husband is the one that tells me there are things that are "his job". Once when I was trying to help him shovel the snow on the driveway, he got mad at me because "what would the neighbors think". At first I was mad about it, but I'm used to it now. I haven't pumped my own gas, opened my own car door, done any maintenance on the car, or "fixed" anything since we've been married (7 years). He is 18 years older than me though, so we are from different generations.....

BamagedDrain

Reaction score
Is there still a Noah train rolling?

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
My husband is the one that tells me there are things that are "his job". Once when I was trying to help him shovel the snow on the driveway, he got mad at me because "what would the neighbors think". At first I was mad about it, but I'm used to it now. I haven't pumped my own gas, opened my own car door, done any maintenance on the car, or "fixed" anything since we've been married (7 years). He is 18 years older than me though, so we are from different generations.....
My mom and dad are like this and it has always driven me nuts.

When I met my wife she was pretty independent but as the years have gone by she gradually did less and less for herself until we're at the point where I am shocked when she turns the tv on for herself. Lately I have been refusing to do stuff for her and telling her that I don't want to live like that. She expects me to do all the cleaning and yard care for 2 houses and do everything for the kids so she can relax after work.

fuck. that.

Reactions: savvy and LucyO

charlie

Reaction score
morning all. this is gonna be a short lived day for me. i managed to forget my laptop power supply so who knows how long i've got before this thing dies..

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My husband is the one that tells me there are things that are "his job". Once when I was trying to help him shovel the snow on the driveway, he got mad at me because "what would the neighbors think".
I like your husband.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
morning all. this is gonna be a short lived day for me. i managed to forget my laptop power supply so who knows how long i've got before this thing dies..
MacGyver the shit out of that

Reactions: cassius

cassius

Reaction score
18 years older than you. something to think about there. better learn to do those things yourself.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
My mom and dad are like this and it has always driven me nuts.

When I met my wife she was pretty independent but as the years have gone by she gradually did less and less for herself until we're at the point where I am shocked when she turns the tv on for herself. Lately I have been refusing to do stuff for her and telling her that I don't want to live like that. She expects me to do all the cleaning and yard care for 2 houses and do everything for the kids so she can relax after work.

fuck. that.
Yeah, that is wayyy different than what I'm talking about. No one should have to do it all. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.