08/24 - Bounding Box Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Ugh, got two rejections from the 'Identify the requested information in the page provided' yesterday. One of them was for an incorrect UPC code and the feedback said the correct UPC code was: 8.17E+11.

From now on I'm only going to be doing HIT's where I only have to copy & paste the brand names, category, title, and some of the part numbers ones. Skipping the specification table, product specifications bullet points, and the part numbers ones I'm unsure of.
Much like in the dating world, rejection is a good chunk of what we deal with here on Turk.

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Her mom says that she just reverted back to how she was when she lived at home and had someone to wait on her constantly. I guess they had to literally lock her out of her room and hold the key ransom until she would do chores.

I think she was trying to impress me until after we were married. lol
I guess I view it two different ways. On one hand, there are people out there who totally take advantage of others and want to be waited on like you're describing. On the other hand, it isn't uncommon for there to be mental issues that can manifest in different ways as one gets older, especially when we're oblivious to it or haven't seen a doctor/psychiatrist/etc to rule them out. Since you said she was independent before and now isn't, I am personally leaning toward the latter.

All in all, I agree with Despairagus @Despairagus. Get her to someone who can help her. The average functioning person does not typically exhibit that extreme kind of behaviorism change unless something is terribly wrong. For example, even dopamine deficiency (which is very common) can create a ton of behavioral problems, like very low motivation to do anything. Speaking from firsthand experience.

And it probably isn't my place to say, but her parents sound nuts and entitled. They might've felt justified in locking her out of her room to make her do things, but that is manipulative, controlling behavior 101. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if your wife's childhood actually left her with some scars she has yet to mend.

Last edited:

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Anyone else remember the Della Nelson hits? Retrieving archived search engine results from google for .10 a hit. Those were the days.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
I guess I view it two different ways. On one hand, there are people out there who totally take advantage of others and want to be waited on like you're describing. On the other hand, it isn't uncommon for there to be mental issues that can manifest in different ways as one gets older, especially when we're oblivious to it or haven't seen a doctor/psychiatrist/etc to rule them out. Since you said she was independent before and now isn't, I am personally leaning toward the latter.

All in all, I agree with Despairagus @Despairagus. Get her to someone who can help her. The average functioning person does not typically exhibit that extreme kind of behaviorism change unless something is terribly wrong. For example, even dopamine deficiency (which is very common) can create a ton of behavioral problems, like very low motivation to do anything. Speaking from firsthand experience.

And it probably isn't my place to say, but her parents sound nuts and entitled. They might've felt justified in locking her out of her room to make her do things, but that is manipulative, controlling behavior 101. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if your wife's childhood actually left her with some scars she has yet to mend.
Her siblings and my wife were actually very entitled in their childhood. They never had to do anything for themselves until they got much older. When my wife was being locked out of her room and forced to do chores she was 24.

charlie

Reaction score
yay. finished the eat snap love final survey today. hope the pay hits today as well.

Reactions: jmr and LucyO

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Answer rating questions about your assessment of an economic game and several demographics | Accept
Requester: Bruno Evan [A3PVOND9LRYFSY] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=5.61] [Pen=1.50 days] [Res=null] [Rec=50%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 10800
Available: 1
Description: You will be asked to either play in or observe a live online economic game, and then to answer several questions regarding that interaction/observation. You will then answer a few short questions about yourself and the study will be complete.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Just threw this back. Not in the mood.[/td][/tr]

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Her siblings and my wife were actually very entitled in their childhood. They never had to do anything for themselves until they got much older. When my wife was being locked out of her room and forced to do chores she was 24.

Reactions: sofaslug and LucyO

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Where is the most interesting place you have ever worked? I worked for a company that took people on tours of local caves in the area. It was super interesting!

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Where is the most interesting place you have ever worked? I worked for a company that took people on tours of local caves in the area. It was super interesting!
I worked in a warehouse handling old medical records (in the days before digitization.) I was paid $20 every time a hospital called and I had to go search through a file and fax information to the hospital ($40 on weekends.) It was interesting because it was odd and solitary, much like myself. Also, over holidays when there were a lot of accidents I could easily make $600 a day.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I worked in a warehouse handling old medical records (in the days before digitization.) I was paid $20 every time a hospital called and I had to go search through a file and fax information to the hospital ($40 on weekends.) It was interesting because it was odd and solitary, much like myself. Also, over holidays when there were a lot of accidents I could easily make $600 a day.
That's really interesting!

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I taught introduction to academic research writing and "intensive grammar" at a Catholic university in the middle of a VERY MUCH Hasidic neighborhood, at the edge of a "bad neighborhood." Every day driving onto campus was an adventure. Friends of mine declined to teach there b/c of the driving situation. The students were mixed between actual Catholics and anything else under the sun. There were nuns. I had a blond mohawk at the time. It was very interesting. I quit after one semester.

Also cave company sounds scary.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I worked in a wafer fab. Had to dress in a white bunny suit (it's what we called it. Clean room suits and boots. Looked like an astronaut. No part of our body was uncovered). I worked around dangerous gases and acids and got to see plasma in action. My job was repairing equipment in the photolithography and etch sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.