08/15 - We'll miss ya Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My boyfriends name causes him issues. "Can I get your name please?" "John Jones." "Can I get your real name?" Sometimes people get pissed thinking he's giving a fake name lol. You'd be surprised how often a John Jones dies, has a warrant out, etc etc. At least it's not John Smith.
I actually know a John Smith. his brothers are Jake and Jack

Reactions: katarina and Jaded

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
My husband has a very unique name that I won't share b/c it feels weird to, but he typically gets "no but what is your first name" when introducing himself. B/c it sounds like a last name.
When I was 20, I worked with this yuppie douchebag type whose name was Morrow.

Reactions: Despairagus

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Where and how do you see this information? I've been looking around but cannot find it :)
If you have MTS installed and you left (or right) click, select Hit Tracker and update the database, it will be listed on the right hand side of the page for you.

Reactions: Despairagus

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My boyfriends name causes him issues. "Can I get your name please?" "John Jones." "Can I get your real name?" Sometimes people get pissed thinking he's giving a fake name lol. You'd be surprised how often a John Jones dies, has a warrant out, etc etc. At least it's not John Smith.
I dated a guy whose father was middle eastern, and his name was very strange... and also his last name. So it was like "Name Name" plus side is he's only like the second person in existence with the name (dad is the first) downside is... everything else having to do with it.

Reactions: themildone

Rogue and Ready

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Psychology screening survey | Accept
Requester: PsyMem Study [A120SE866NP05Y] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=1.00] [Fast=1.00] [Comm=1.80] [Fair=1.00] [Reviews=7] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=16.01] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.83
Duration: 1800
Available: 1
Description: Get $10 for 45min for filling out a survey on personality and memory with personal feedback! But first a screening if you are the person we are looking for.
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
/[/td][/tr]

Rogue and Ready

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Rate the Naturalness of Translated Sentences | Accept
Requester: Steve Duman [A340QF1AUWFPB4] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.76] [Pay=3.50] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: [Hrly=10.00] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.80
Duration: 2700
Available: 1
Description: You will read translated sentences and rate them on a naturalness scale.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I dated a guy whose father was middle eastern, and his name was very strange... and also his last name. So it was like "Name Name" plus side is he's only like the second person in existence with the name (dad is the first) downside is... everything else having to do with it.
his first name was the same as his last name?

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yup, it's a traditional thing to do in certain middle eastern countries. Kind of neat, but also really annoying. And EXTRA annoying to explain to my Catholic family.
ooh I didn't know that. I know in some Asian cultures (idk if that's the PC way to say that) their first name is actually their family name. didn't know that about middle eastern countries though. interesting :)
edit: this is redundant oops

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
My friend's kid's response when trying to learn my name. "No! I'm not Jere Me! You're Jere You!"
So, to him, I'm JereYou.:p
That is great. I made the mistake of pointing out Orion to my son Ryan and Xander wanted to know where Oxander was, I found it, and had a star named so he would have the proof,lol.

On a serious note, My HF is a sea of red, but I have noticed that some of those which are red have pretty good TO ratings, anyone know of a way to adjust the settings on that part? Or is it set in a way that I can not control?

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
ooh I didn't know that. I know in some Asian cultures (idk if that's the PC way to say that) their first name is actually their family name. didn't know that about middle eastern countries though. interesting :)
edit: this is redundant oops
I think that's PC? One of my friends married an absolutely wonderful woman from China whose last name is her first name. For a long time she adopted an American name, but now she's gone back and it's a little confusing but great.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
That is great. I made the mistake of pointing out Orion to my son Ryan and Xander wanted to know where Oxander was, I found it, and had a star named so he would have the proof,lol.

On a serious note, My HF is a sea of red, but I have noticed that some of those which are red have pretty good TO ratings, anyone know of a way to adjust the settings on that part? Or is it set in a way that I can not control?
pretty sure you can't change that. that's why it's good to judge those for yourself. I've found some great hits by doing red-TO stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.