08/15 - We'll miss ya Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
idk man, my name is Samantha and people still screw it up. or don't know how to spell it.
I was talking about you to my mom yesterday and I kept trying ot tell her your name was Sharon and I knew that wasn't right.

(we were talking about stickers)

something something hits and whatnot

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You should get your wish! I felt like I was losing my mind doing these myself yesterday.
I didn't catch one, I'll take a private batch just for my ID, kthx :)
I was talking about you to my mom yesterday and I kept trying ot tell her your name was Sharon and I knew that wasn't right.

(we were talking about stickers)

something something hits and whatnot
aw it's cool you were talking to someone about me so you can call me Sharon if you want :love:

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
My father was going to name me Alicia (A lee See ah) my mom wanted to name me Jade so they "compromised" on AmberJade.

okay, enough semi related stories today. I'm totally gonna work now.
:thinking:

Wouldn't a compromise be AliciaJade? At least your dad got the letter A.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
this is why you don't give funky names to people
You can't be red headed irish women without a proper name. Her sisters are Maeve, Maire, Madellaine, Charlotte and Ella. Ella has 6 other girls in her dance school who are Ella, so her team jacket and clothing is embroidered with EllaBella, or she would get lost in the mix. She was supposed to be Vivian, but that would have made her initials VD, dad changed her name at the last minute because of that.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't catch one, I'll take a private batch just for my ID, kthx :)

aw it's cool you were talking to someone about me so you can call me Sharon if you want :love:
<3

:thinking:

Wouldn't a compromise be AliciaJade? At least your dad got the letter A.
Shhhh, dont' tell my dad he might come back and change my name.

also my son's name is Elijah and the number of people who don't know how to pronounce it is ridiculous

omg I didn't realize that was your real name lol. I thought it was Amber and Jade was just something you tacked on for a screen name. Thinking about it now that sounds hella dumb so...this makes more sense.
Ha, yeah. A lot of people don't realize it's my real name, for a long time the place i was living told me I was lying about my name. I had to go to the front office and get a copy of my birth certificate and say LOOK MY NAME IS AMBERJADE OKAY.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Mark whether 4 sentences are 'positive', 'negative' or 'neutral' | Accept
Requester: IPsoft MTurk [A2NPHK2GTUF78O] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$22.45] [Pay=4.82] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=20.57] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.20
Duration: 5400
Available: 249
Description: Read four different sentences and rate them for what kind of opinion they express about a topic.
Qualifications: Qual86 DoesNotExist ; Location In AU, CA, GB, IE, NZ, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You can't be red headed irish women without a proper name. Her sisters are Maeve, Maire, Madellaine, Charlotte and Ella. Ella has 6 other girls in her dance school who are Ella, so her team jacket and clothing is embroidered with EllaBella, or she would get lost in the mix. She was supposed to be Vivian, but that would have made her initials VD, dad changed her name at the last minute because of that.
those are all so pretty :o
Ha, yeah. A lot of people don't realize it's my real name, for a long time the place i was living told me I was lying about my name. I had to go to the front office and get a copy of my birth certificate and say LOOK MY NAME IS AMBERJADE OKAY.
lol I can imagine how annoying shit like that must have been. Until I was about 17 I went by Sammy, and I used to get infuriated when people would assume I spelled it Sammi or Sammie just because I'm a girl lol

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm Alicia, pronounced Alisha.....but my entire life people have pronounced my name A lee See ah, the latin pronounciation. I gave up correcting people and became Alley. My daughter is Moira like Moira Kelly, but teachers were always speaking to me about Mariah, who the hell is Mariah I finally asked one of them, lol.
I'll admit that I'm terrible with Alicia/Alisha and Andrea/Andréa, and I probably wouldn't have gotten Moira on the first try. But I definitely wouldn't have defaulted to Mariah! :facepalm:

I named my daughter Emerie, thinking it would be unique enough but also easily pronounced. Come to find out, I pronounce it "em-mer-ie" and everyone else just says "em-rie" and it drives me INSANE. As such, I just call her "Em" or "Little Baby" and I hate that poor pronunciation ruined a name that I loved :(

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Academic survey(~ 9 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Gunes Biliciler Unal [AHINB5BQTO39Y] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.28] [Pay=3.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=6.49] [Pen=0.03 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.90
Duration: 1500
Available: 23
Description: Academic research about emotions, personality and choice of activities
Qualifications: Exc: [3236812-102278] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 96; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
<3

Shhhh, dont' tell my dad he might come back and change my name.

I keep a google doc called 'All the Wrong Names I Have Been Called' :thinking:

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll admit that I'm terrible with Alicia/Alisha and Andrea/Andréa, and I probably wouldn't have gotten Moira on the first try. But I definitely wouldn't have defaulted to Mariah! :facepalm:

I named my daughter Emerie, thinking it would be unique enough but also easily pronounced. Come to find out, I pronounce it "em-mer-ie" and everyone else just says "em-rie" and it drives me INSANE. As such, I just call her "Em" or "Little Baby" and I hate that poor pronunciation ruined a name that I loved :(
Names are such funny creatures, I think because of the sense of ownership we associate with them. Naming my kids was an art form, and they all have two middle names, poor kids. I read her name the same as you pronounce it. My mother, bless her heart, had no idea when she named me that it would be an issue. My niece is Siobhan, no one gets that name right which is precisely why I did not use it.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I keep a google doc called 'All the Wrong Names I Have Been Called' :thinking:
My absolute favorite wrong name memory was at my middle school. I'd just moved there and I was in computer class, the lady for some reason pronounced Jade as 'ha day.' I have no idea why.

(Second favorite is when I got one of those grain of rice beads and the lady wrote "amberjack")

sorry if this posts twice, I can't remember if I hit post.

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Teacher Hiring Recommendations | Accept
Requester: Charlie Law [A14ELKFFB0WH2V] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 7200
Available: 1
Description: You are being asked to participate in this research study to help us better understand the thought processes that go into the decision making regarding hiring job applicants for elementary teachers.
Qualifications: Masters Exists
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Over 13 mins on this one. Long survey. Would not recommend.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Kliq and DareAngel3

Tom81

Reaction score
if I broke a bone in my hand it would hurt a lot, not just when I put weight on it, (or poked it) right? Asking for a friend.
When I broke my hand, the bone in my palm below my left ring finger, I could still move my fingers. I don't remember if could make a fist and it felt like I had gotten a bad finger jam even when not touching it or moving it.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Poor pronunciation has been an annoyance since I was 5. Making me hate my name for years. If you're bored, you can read about it.:D
https://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/944372/

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
My absolute favorite wrong name memory was at my middle school. I'd just moved there and I was in computer class, the lady for some reason pronounced Jade as 'ha day.' I have no idea why.

(Second favorite is when I got one of those grain of rice beads and the lady wrote "amberjack")

sorry if this posts twice, I can't remember if I hit post.
When I was a substitute there was a student named Female but pronounced like Tamale Fe- male...anyhow, I didn't want to know.

Poor pronunciation has been an annoyance since I was 5. If you're bored, you can read about it.:D
https://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/944372/
What makes you think we are bored? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.