08/13 - Mochi Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
I'd be right around your same price but stupid 50 dollars a month for the no cap...
Yeah, between streaming, gaming, work, and other random crap I easily go over a terabyte per month. If Spectrum ever starts charging for being uncapped I will contract with the other internet provider in town and happily pay them $5000 to drag their service 3 blocks north so I don't have to deal with caps.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, between streaming, gaming, work, and other random crap I easily go over a terabyte per month. If Spectrum ever starts charging for being uncapped I will contract with the other internet provider in town and happily pay them $5000 to drag their service 3 blocks north so I don't have to deal with caps.
Caps are literally their way of fucking with cord cutters.

I was actually told "a terabyte is a huge amount only about 1 out of 300 customers will use more than that"

I use more than that in 7 days, a lot of months I will be at 4,5, or even 6 for the whole month.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score

I was actually told "a terabyte is a huge amount only about 1 out of 300 customers will use more than that"

I use more than that in 7 days, a lot of months I will be at 4,5, or even 6 for the whole month.
Yeah, Netflix and Vudu streaming in 4K use a lot of data. I also have Sling TV so that eats a chunk, too. Xbox updates and game downloads are what completely fuck me over. One game update can easily be 50 to 100 gb.

Reactions: GoldenTemple

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score

Seriously we are 1 in 300? I don't think so.
Salespeople try to tell me all the time how much data or whatever it is that they think I will use.
Ticks me off every time. I know how much data and Internet I use and it's a lot!

cassius

Reaction score
Yeah, Netflix and Vudu streaming in 4K use a lot of data. I also have Sling TV so that eats a chunk, too. Xbox updates and game downloads are what completely fuck me over. One game update can easily be 50 to 100 gb.
what about 6K and 8K? beware.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
According to all these companies if you use more than a terabyte you are in the 1% of net usage and should have to pay more cause "youre using everyone elses bandwidth"

But in all reality considering how we all make money and all that we are likely going to use more than people who aren't tech savy.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score

We do have cable TV (basic, comes free with the Internet package) and I just checked our usage. Seems that it went up quite a bit once the kid stayed home for the summer, lol. But even then we only use about half what we are "allowed" to use (not sure if it's a real cap? and I'd be charged more?) That surprises me as I regularly fall asleep with Hulu streaming something and wake up hours later and it's merrily playing stuff I'm not watching.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
what about 6K and 8K? beware.
8K is definitely on its way. Once that hits there will be absolutely no way ISPs can limit to a terabyte per month. At gigabit internet speeds it would take, what, 5 minutes to hit your monthly cap?

Reactions: cassius and SCOTTM

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I see your Michael Jackson video starring Eddie Murphy, and raise you an Eddie Murphy video starring and written by Rick James, bitch.

I have this on cassette but I still need it on vinyl.

Reactions: mboone73

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We do have cable TV (basic, comes free with the Internet package) and I just checked our usage. Seems that it went up quite a bit once the kid stayed home for the summer, lol. But even then we only use about half what we are "allowed" to use (not sure if it's a real cap? and I'd be charged more?) That surprises me as I regularly fall asleep with Hulu streaming something and wake up hours later and it's merrily playing stuff I'm not watching.
Unless you are streaming in 4k having a tv show on while you sleep won't eat a ton of your cap. An average of about 1-2 gigs an hour unless it's 4k then it'll be 3-5.

What's your cap number? And here if you go over it's 50 bucks for every 100 you go over topping out at 200 bucks.

Reactions: sofaslug

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Unless you are streaming in 4k having a tv show on while you sleep won't eat a ton of your cap. An average of about 1-2 gigs an hour unless it's 4k then it'll be 3-5.

What's your cap number? And here if you go over it's 50 bucks for every 100 you go over topping out at 200 bucks.
my screen says this month so far we have used 226 GB or 1024 GB.

And I just looked it up: $10 in 50GB intervals up to $200 a month. So more expensive here, lol.

Our usage will now go down since the kid won't spent half of his day gaming. I doubt we will go anywhere near the cap anytime soon.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1024 is what my cap is also, it's 1 terabyte.

I have lost 3 people out of my house 2 moved out after being told they needed to and our older son went to college...it's August 13th and I sit at 1500 GB's used. Apparently gaming is the destroyer of bandwidth.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
I think Prolific is fixing their issues. I was able to get into a survey a little while ago and the 2 that were stuck have disappeared.

I haven't seen anything new post on Turk in about 30 minutes. I am probably missing some stuff but damn, this is a weak start to a Monday.

Reactions: TheUnclubbableGamer

wascal wabbit

Drunken Spelunker
Contributor
Reaction score
I've had the same service with Charter for years (now Spectrum) I can't see anything related to my account online (but I sure can pay my 64.99 bill) If I go to look at my account details it wants me to search for new services as if I'm a new customer. ??? But I pay for 100 MBPS and get 69MBPS and have no caps that I'm aware of so I'm not messing with it because I stream everything. lol

Reactions: SherryNotShirley
Status
Not open for further replies.