08/13 - Mochi Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
My partner had technical problems, so the requester sent me a completion code. Turned out pretty alright. :thumbup:
Are these for noah's? I ask because I had two time out after waiting forever for a partner to respond. So, the hit ran long, timer expired and I was dinged for disconnecting, hence another soft ban. Frustrating.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Language study, title "Beth" 2 | Accept
Requester: Andreas Kehl [ASP3FWRA1859Y] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$21.61] [Pay=5.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 7200
Available: 1
Description: Your task is to rate the naturalness of sentences on a scale from 1 (very unnatural) to 7 (very natural)
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; Location In GB, UM, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Dill

Reaction score
Title: Robot Experiment in Emergency Scenarios | Accept
Requester: Robot Ethics and Aerial Vehicles Lab [A3C79NCG9MFEH8] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.67] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=3.25] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=10] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=30.00] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 10800
Available: 1
Description: A 15 minute experiment to study the human decision making process when interacting with a robot during an emergency.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US; Single Attempt DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Probably the funnest hit i've ever done. Highly recommended.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: cb456 and Michele

Dragonfly

Reaction score
The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Aug 11, 2018.

Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 204

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 186
- Number of HITs rejected: 0
- Bonus reward earned: $14.59
- HIT reward earned: $97.77
- Total Amount earned this week: $112.36

I think I'm liking this. Last week I did better but I didn't get much done on Friday and Saturday this week.

Got this too and I so wish I could remember what it was all about:
You've received a bonus from Online Experimental Lab for work related to 3DZKABX2ZJI4U6WA56LZ8RXV0R0VC0.
The value of your bonus is: $1.70 USD

The Requester included this note:
You are receiving this bonus for pariticpating in a study by the Experimental Online Lab. The average bonus was $0.99
among the workers who participated in the same game as you, 58% of the maximum of $1.7 that could be earned. Your bonus was
based on the decisions you and other workers made in your group, specifically. Thank you for your time, and patience
so that all groups can complete their participation in this game!

Last edited:

HelloHello

Reaction score
If you need a new wireless computer mouse on the cheap I just got mine today from NewEgg.com
1 x ($3.15) THZY 2.4G 2.4GHz 10M Wireless Optical Mouse Mice Laptop PC $3.15
Subtotal: $3.15
Tax: $0.00
Shipping and Handling: $0.00
Total Amount: $3.15

I got it today and ordered it July 16th so, don't believe their shipping times, but I am happy with it (it did not come with the two AAA batteries it needs).

Unfortunately, I didn't make enough on mTurk today to pay for it!:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Are these for noah's? I ask because I had two time out after waiting forever for a partner to respond. So, the hit ran long, timer expired and I was dinged for disconnecting, hence another soft ban. Frustrating.
No, I was referring to the Regan Mandryk $6 Chrome Cooperative Gaming Study. Sorry to hear about your Noah troubles, though!

Reactions: stuffalleysays

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
if i wanted to buy a house - but all i had was a suitcase of cash... would some sellers accept that even if background check was good but not great

Reactions: Despairagus

TwilightMashery

Reaction score
:)
You've received a bonus from Siddharth Suri for work related to 35NNO802AVWBS1JI0F9GETTH8QCINN.
The value of your bonus is: $5.31 USD

The Requester included this note:

Thank you very much for participating in both Parts of our HIT,
you will receive $4.31 due to your performance, in addition to your base reward of $1.0. We also added $0.1 with the approval of the HIT.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

HelloHello

Reaction score
When did you complete the hits? Are these from trying to obtain the qual or post qual?I ask due to the fact this is a new requester. If they are from trying to obtain the qual, I wonder if the req had enough people and did not understand that rejections have a serious consequence for us. Just a thought.
I did the qual hits on August 10, got paid for all of them so 'passed' and started the post qual hits on August 11 (did them August 11 and August 12). I've tried to communicate with her. Another worker did and said she was 'nasty' and refused arguments re un-rejecting them.

OH, MY I just looked and now I am at 19 REJECTIONS!

Last edited:
Reactions: SherryNotShirley

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
if i wanted to buy a house - but all i had was a suitcase of cash... would some sellers accept that even if background check was good but not great
If you pay cash in full they won't give a fuck about your credit or employment or whatever. Probably wouldn't even run a background check.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
the irs can be interested all they want
but if a person pays taxes like a responsible citizen...
they can eff off

what up

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I suppose that if you're buying a house from someone in the drug trade then a suitcase full of cash is probably their preferred means to receive payment.

Reactions: Peachy
Status
Not open for further replies.