Status
Not open for further replies.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score

hauntedd

usually off daydreaming
Reaction score
Do you have a humidifier? Air conditioner? (and, of course.....there's always coffee and a shower :).
I have asthma, too. :(
I have the AC going and a huge cup of coffee as well! It feels like it's starting to ease up a bit. Asthma can be rough, I hope yours is pretty manageable!

Shawnbks9090

Contributor
Reaction score
I spilled a single drop of water on my 'k' key and fried it. Now I use auto hotkey to change my forward slash key to my 'k' key.

Reactions: themildone

LumosDC

Reaction score
That sucks. That keyboard looks awesome. Going to back to crappy keyboards always suck.
It is an awesome keyboard. It's less stressful on my arms/fingers and has good software that helps me do surveys and data entry better. Software takes a bit of getting used to, but super helpful.

I have 2 keyboards that I switch out every time I spill coffee on it. I've had to switch them 5 times. They still both work fine lol
I've tried to plug it back a few times and it just starts typing random letters. :(

Going to be more careful in the future by keeping less things on my desk. I had a lot of things on my desk, so soda can was not in its usual place and muscle memory did its thing unfortunately.

Reactions: jan

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It is an awesome keyboard. It's less stressful on my arms/fingers and has good software that helps me do surveys and data entry better. Software takes a bit of getting used to, but super helpful.

I've tried to plug it back a few times and it just starts typing random letters. :(

Going to be more careful in the future by keeping less things on my desk. I had a lot of things on my desk, so soda can was not in its usual place and muscle memory did its thing unfortunately.
mine did that for a while too, it either needs to dry out more or whatever you were drinking (if it wasn't water) dried and is sticky. Remove the keys and clean em.

Reactions: jan and DareAngel3

ALinAL

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Help us making great tools for assessing pilots (part 1 of 2)(~ 60 minutes) | Accept
Requester: cut-e mTurk [AYL89L70SAA5B] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.73] [Pay=2.50] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.74] [Fast=3.82] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=3.83] [Reviews=39] [ToS=2]
TO2: [Hrly=8.91] [Pen=0.01 days] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 5.50
Duration: 6600
Available: 1
Description: complete 3 tests and 3 short questionnaires
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [-108413111-98249] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Good morning![/td][/tr]

jan

Reaction score
I have the AC going and a huge cup of coffee as well! It feels like it's starting to ease up a bit. Asthma can be rough, I hope yours is pretty manageable!
Honestly, the more meds I took - the worse it was. There was a time when it felt very disabling (albuterol). I was going though an inhaler every week. Now I take OTC asthmanefrin and dilute it with a lot of water. I use a tiny bit of that (four drops) every few days? It only bothers me, really, at night - sometimes. I know I should do other things, exercise and turmeric - and flax. I have started back in with the flax - and I'm going to buy a rowing machine for more exercise. But for me - the meds were a roller-coaster - addictive (really, I could hardly walk a few blocks without the inhaler). Now I'm pretty much okay.

LumosDC

Reaction score
mine did that for a while too, it either needs to dry out more or whatever you were drinking (if it wasn't water) dried and is sticky. Remove the keys and clean em.
Unfortunately, the vast amount of the soda (like 98%) went under the keyboard and not over the keys. The tiny bit of soda that went over the keyboard went over the G-keys on the side. Just tried again and it still does random letters, then starts opening new browser windows. Acts up so much that it freezes up the computer and I have to restart it. So, I think it may be well and truly fried.

Reactions: jan and themildone

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the vast amount of the soda (like 98%) went under the keyboard and not over the keys. The tiny bit of soda that went over the keyboard went over the G-keys on the side. Just tried again and it still does random letters, then starts opening new browser windows. Acts up so much that it freezes up the computer and I have to restart it. So, I think it may be well and truly fried.
damn, that sucks :( sorry

Reactions: LumosDC and jan

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
12 minutes:

Title: Solving English word puzzles (native English speakers only, all other will be rejected) | Accept
Requester: Ut Na Sio [A3PSIDBOXKSKXC] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=10.91] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: In this study, you will be asked to solve some English word puzzles. There will be a practice session before the main study. In total, it will take about 10 minutes to finish the whole study ( practice + main study)
Qualifications: unable to submit hit DoesNotExist ; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: jan and Kliq
Status
Not open for further replies.