07/20 - Facepalm Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
g'morning! It's Fridaaay! (which if you are home all the time doesn't really mean anything, yay!)
it means i don't have my 9-5 for two days, i'm going to do stupid things tonight, then will spend the next two days stressing myself out trying to get too much done before I'm trapped into another 40 hourweek.

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
On hit finder, do you guys work off recent hits or logged hits? Or both?
I leave em both up and just try to catch whatever I can. I'm not really too picky so if I don't get that good paying hit, there's a bunch of tiny surveys that I caught.

And good morning. I pressed snooze a couple times. Every time I wake up exactly at 5 I get on and just sit here. Figured I'd try to get a little extra sleep today.

jan

Reaction score
it means i don't have my 9-5 for two days, i'm going to do stupid things tonight, then will spend the next two days stressing myself out trying to get too much done before I'm trapped into another 40 hourweek.
Find something that you love and follow that (don't get trapped!)

I'm old now, and okay financially - so I've been looking around for what I want to do :). But I wish I had followed that when I was younger, too. I knew someone in HS (she was in one of my classes) and when she graduated College (okay, she got into Harvard, early admission) - she ran into a friend who told her no matter what she does - don't get into the corporate grind.

So, she played in a band for several years, toured, and now owns a record production company and works with everyone famous. (Really, all the top 'stars').

Do what you love :heart:

savvy

Reaction score
Find something that you love and follow that (don't get trapped!)

I'm old now, and okay financially - so I've been looking around for what I want to do :). But I wish I had followed that when I was younger, too. I knew someone in HS (she was in one of my classes) and when she graduated College (okay, she got into Harvard, early admission) - she ran into a friend who told her no matter what she does - don't get into the corporate grind.

So, she played in a band for several years, toured, and now owns a record production company and works with everyone famous. (Really, all the top 'stars').

Do what you love :heart:

I did for a while...made 12k a year hahaha. I love working in parks and rec, but not in my current organization. When I went to a conference this winter with a bunch of people from parks and rec, it really showed that I work in the worst of the worst. I've been there on and off for 8 years and now non-stop for 3 exactly in august. I apply for every single job in VA and NC that I am slightly qualified for. A nice one in Raleigh - I got an email that my application made it to the hiring manager, but that there were 350 candidates. So that's what I am up against. Almost getting ready to give up and get a shit job somewhere to just move. I hate living here AND I hate my organization so it's a double whammy. I just really can't move much farther than that with my horse right now, too many logistics and I need a lot of help.

edit: i actually have an opportunity to do horse stuff mostly full time in WI with a friend...but idk if I could live with her for much more than a week without the whole thing dissolving, let alone work with her.

Last edited:

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Looks like a good morning to clean up hitfinder.

Just watched a video of the Duck boat that sank. I'm sick from it. Why did I do that to myself. Thank goodness my doctor let me up my anxiety medicine lol

jan

Reaction score
Title: Judgements, Decisions, and Attitudes(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Daniel Effron [ABYA45QW0GOG1] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$6.63] [Pay=2.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.89] [Fast=4.36] [Comm=2.44] [Fair=3.88] [Reviews=43] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=5.08] [Pen=2.03 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=71%] [Rej=1] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.76
Duration: 3600
Available: 6
Description: survey
Qualifications: SurveyGroup [1336] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Exc: [92286769-98380] DoesNotExist ; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Short study of responses to messages about scientific issues(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Emily Kothe [A3U6MHW4RZH9F8] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=7.33] [Pen=0.04 days] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.10
Duration: 1800
Available: 85
Description: You are invited to participate in a study investigating people’s responses to messages about scientific issues. You will be asked to read a piece of science communication, and then answer some questions about a scientific issue. Expected completion time is 10 minutes.
Qualifications: Exc: [98963-98374] DoesNotExist ; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

already approved.

cassius

Reaction score

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
This survey just wrote a whole paragraph explaining the 1-10 ladder thing we always do. I think that's the first time I've seen someone go all out explaining such a simple task.

Tcs757

Head of the Better Bird Bureau
Contributor
Reaction score
This survey just wrote a whole paragraph explaining the 1-10 ladder thing we always do. I think that's the first time I've seen someone go all out explaining such a simple task.
"Okay so if breaking down a socioeconomic system into a ladder with only 10 choices wasn't simple enough, here's a further explanation."

savvy

Reaction score
like four things i wasn't eligible for this morning. fuuuun

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

savvy

Reaction score
*goes to check jobs on VA DCR website*

Oh theres a new state park!! Cool!

*checks location*

fuck you washington DC and northern VA

*sad*

Reactions: jan

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
wefawef

Last edited:

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Morning!

Got up and seen 11 dead in Branson. A Duck Boat ride got caught in a storm and sank. So scary. I remember riding it when I was little and being terrified. Never wanted to ride one again. Sad.
Oh no that's terrible! Wow. I've always wanted to go there but my husband doesn't want to go. I'll stay away from that kind of stuff though I'm more like a let's walk around and watch them make taffy type.

I spent the last hour doing a survey about racism that's supposed to pay $7 I hope that pays soon! Today is like if I don't get it to my back like NOW then I'll have to wait for Monday.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Oh no that's terrible! Wow. I've always wanted to go there but my husband doesn't want to go. I'll stay away from that kind of stuff though I'm more like a let's walk around and watch them make taffy type.

I spent the last hour doing a survey about racism that's supposed to pay $7 I hope that pays soon! Today is like if I don't get it to my back like NOW then I'll have to wait for Monday.
Branson is fun! We go every year. My husband doesn't want to go either though lol.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Product Ratings | Accept
Requester: Faunalytics [A33XG8CYLV6GSE] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$22.52] [Pay=4.80] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1200
Available: 1
Description: In this survey, we will ask you to answer questions about your reactions to twelve products and a few questions about yourself.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: jan and lsutiger25
Status
Not open for further replies.