• milk before cereal

• cereal before milk (shudder)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Leaf Falls

Sauerkraut Salesman
Reaction score
FAA doesn't want to see drones flying all over the place, potentially being hazards to air traffic. They have no power over hobbyists really, but they do have power over commercial aviation.

Lunnaku

Reaction score
Actually, that 'special license' - permit for commercial use of drones - currently has a prerequisite that you have a full *pilot's license*, like the kind where you spend thousands of dollars learning to fly real full-size airplanes. Supposedly plans are in the works within the next year or so that a drone-only weekend class will be allowed by the FAA as a more appropriate prerequisite for applying for the commercial permit.

Currently, if you try to use one for commercial use without the permit, some people who have pilot's licenses go looking for violators to report for infringing on their 'turf', and those who get reported have been fined some hefty amounts.
I thought the pilot's license thing was only for commercial use if it weighed over 55lbs. Huh. Oh well I will enjoy doing it as a hobby at least. :)

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I thought the pilot's license thing was only for commercial use if it weighed over 55lbs. Huh. Oh well I will enjoy doing it as a hobby at least. :)
Nope, if you make money from it or if it benefits a business its considered commercial and you need the license.

Reactions: Red Leaf Falls

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
FCC doesn't want to see drones flying all over the place, potentially being hazards to air traffic. They have no power over hobbyists really, but they do have power over commercial aviation.
It's happened a couple of times here in California that people flying drones wouldn't allow airplanes and helicopters to fight fires because they were in the same airspace. At some point an accident is going to happen because of some idiot and the FAA is going to crack down hard.

clickhappier

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Subforum Curator
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I found out about this stuff from a guy who owns a <10lb drone that he spent over $1k on, and was disappointed to not be able to try to earn some of that back; verified by digging through some FAA legalese.

BlurryFace

Antisocial Optimist
Contributor
Reaction score
Good evening, back to work after work..

5 mins for me

Title: 6 minute Gift card Study(~ 6 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Daniel Walters [A1RZEWGDQ5II60] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 2.30 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 2.94 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.43 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.42 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 43
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: 6 minute gift card study with opportunity to win a gift card
Time: 30 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not greater than 100000; Exc: [484987-14624] has not been granted; Total approved HITs is not less than 50; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90; Location is one of: US

Red Leaf Falls

Sauerkraut Salesman
Reaction score
It's happened a couple of times here in California that people flying drones wouldn't allow airplanes and helicopters to fight fires because they were in the same airspace. At some point an accident is going to happen because of some idiot and the FAA is going to crack down hard.
Thank you for also preserving my FCC typo. Feeling proud.

And yes I can imagine that happening. I can also imagine California bringing down the law on anyone who does that.

Reactions: Pleco
D

Deleted member 526

is anyone else having problems with mmmturkey bacon queue order fix? I have regular chrome set as time left least first. incognito window is set as time left most first. I keep getting time left least first in both the regular and incognito windows. it changes to a different hit in the incognito window if I f5 on a "least first" hit.

Reactions: Kessikitty

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Actually, that 'special license' - permit for commercial use of drones - currently has a prerequisite that you have a full *pilot's license*, like the kind where you spend thousands of dollars learning to fly real full-size airplanes. Supposedly plans are in the works within the next year or so that a drone-only weekend class will be allowed by the FAA as a more appropriate prerequisite for applying for the commercial permit.

Currently, if you try to use one for commercial use without the permit, some people who have pilot's licenses go looking for violators to report for infringing on their 'turf', and those who get reported have been fined some hefty amounts.
Do you know if its a private pilot certificate or a commercial pilot certificate?

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
is anyone else having problems with mmmturkey bacon queue order fix? I have regular chrome set as time left least first. incognito window is set as time left most first. I keep getting time left least first in both the regular and incognito windows. it changes to a different hit in the incognito window if I f5 on a "least first" hit.
Mine has been doing weirdness for a bit, I think maybe amazon updated for once.

Reactions: Deleted member 526
Status
Not open for further replies.