05/24 - Three-Toed Sloth Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
do you think every turker has depression
Technically mine is part of another issue. There's probably all sorts of issues going on in a group of people who have such a high percentage of people who NEED to work at home. Including depression. (Like Ave said... not all of us, but the numbers are gonna be skewed by the nature of being able to work at home for whatever hours.)

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet on it. If you weren't depressed before you started.. blah blah blah
doing this for a job isnt that bad though honestly, you dont have a boss, dont have to deal with the general public, you can make your own hours and choose when to work or not. You can make money but its a grind and a chore most of the time. If turkers were paid a little more this would actually be a really good job

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Bargaining Game(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Judith [A1FRTGKEV1IOXV] (Contact)
TV: [Hrly: $9.61] [Pay: 3.12] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Description:
This psychological study simulates financial bargaining situations.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [2687789-88284] DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

Reactions: Michele

JenniLeigh

Contributor
Reaction score
PE: 20.31 plus a great lunch for my brother's birthday. Lots of crying, some time chilling with my two youngest, and my doggo bonuses from yesterday paid. ($16 according to my emails, $8 according to my script... whatever, I'll see later...)
Close enough.

JenniLeigh

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been turking for like 7 years, and I've still only had maybe three or four $100+ days.
I dunno how you guys do it.
Like I know you have things I can't do, like multi-monitors, and I know my internet is fucking me up being slow and quitting on me 3-8x a day...
I dunno how y'all can grind like that, I have so much shit to do between HITs. o.0

JenniLeigh

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Perceptions of Robots | Accept
Requester: Kim Barchard at UNLV [AL075RD2KTIBY] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $15.00
Duration: 12 hours
Available: 1
Description: A 2-hour research study to refine a measure of human perceptions of robots. Watch videos of robots and complete surveys on your impressions of the robots. You must be 18, cannot use a smartphone, and must be able to hear audio on your device.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; PoR done10 DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3.1
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I've been turking for like 7 years, and I've still only had maybe three or four $100+ days.
Like I know you have things I can't do, like multi-monitors, and I know my internet is fucking me up being slow and quitting on me 3-8x a day...
I dunno how y'all can grind like that, I have so much shit to do between HITs. o.0
my biggest days have usually come from decent batches that have stayed up awhile (or i’m lucky enough to get quite a few in). i just tell myself not to quit on the batch until it’s completely over because who knows how the next day or even the rest of the week/month will be. case in point last week... saw a couple batches that stayed up quite awhile. just kept at it and had a couple really good days. i’ve been struggling the last few days though. nature of the beast that is mTurk :( lots of ups and downs

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
doing this for a job isnt that bad though honestly, you dont have a boss, dont have to deal with the general public, you can make your own hours and choose when to work or not. You can make money but its a grind and a chore most of the time. If turkers were paid a little more this would actually be a really good job
I spent the first many of my working years struggling through 8-5/office job hours. I am not built for them. That schedule made me borderline suicidal. Turking, of all things, showed me that yes I actually enjoy working incredibly hard and working long hours, as long as I have some say in when that happens. Thankfully it seems many industries have caught up with the notion that giving workers some agency over their time makes them happier and still productive. Our labor laws will probably never catch up, however.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Controlling for other factors, IMO adding a second monitor is perhaps the most efficient way to boost earnings. Is it a hardware limitation?

Status
Not open for further replies.