04/22 - Molto Bene Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Good Morning!!! Happy Earthday!!!
Sorry you have to deal with that. I would mail them to him with a simple note that says something like "hope you are well."

Since my parents retired they have gone from normal to exactly like your uncle in less than a year. It's amazing how destructive it is to mental health when you sit inside and force feed yourself content that fits into your narrow worldview. People like that choose to spend all their free time reinforcing their own biases and hatred toward others. It's not necessarily a new part of them but it gets worse when they do this to themselves.

My advice is just don't deal with it. You can love someone - from a distance - but you can't help them. When they are that radicalized they are a lost cause.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
See now, this makes me jealous...

Holidays for me are...everyone comes to my house so I spend 2 hours cleaning my already pretty clean house so it's perfect...then buying food and spending hours in the kitchen. Which is then followed with spending 2 more hours when everyone leaves at 9 recleaning my house so it's not a mess for the next morning because I can't handle that.

My gfs niece comes over which is fine other than shes allergic to cats and I have 4 of them so then we have to lock them in the basement and not turn on fans...which honestly I hate not having fans on when it's hot.

So all in all..I miss the days when we just went to other peoples houses.
That's how it usually is for me too, but this year we went to bf's stepgrandma's house, which is on a 250+ acre farm. It was fantastic.

Reactions: LucyO

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Sorry you have to deal with that. I would mail them to him with a simple note that says something like "hope you are well."

Since my parents retired they have gone from normal to exactly like your uncle in less than a year. It's amazing how destructive it is to mental health when you sit inside and force feed yourself content that fits into your narrow worldview. People like that choose to spend all their free time reinforcing their own biases and hatred toward others. It's not necessarily a new part of them but it gets worse when they do this to themselves.

My advice is just don't deal with it. You can love someone - from a distance - but you can't help them. When they are that radicalized they are a lost cause.
It's just so shocking. It seems like something that happened overnight, but you're right it's probably been inside him for awhile and was brought out by the isolation. I just wish he'd stop it. :(

Reactions: jan and sofaslug

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's how it usually is for me too, but this year we went to bf's stepgrandma's house, which is on a 250+ acre farm. It was fantastic.
I got roped into this because our house is the biggest...

Also my girlfriends mom will come over...she'll get hammered...say a bunch of stupid shit...make everyone uncomfortable...its really annoying.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
It's just so shocking. It seems like something that happened overnight, but you're right it's probably been inside him for awhile and was brought out by the isolation. I just wish he'd stop it. :(
There really should be support resources for people who are dealing with radicalized relatives.

I just wish my parents would turn off the damn tv and go outside and get some fresh air.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
There really should be support resources for people who are dealing with radicalized relatives.

I just wish my parents would turn off the damn tv and go outside and get some fresh air.
If I do have to go by there, maybe I could cut his cable off....he would never call a repairman...he'd be too afraid of another human being to let them in the house.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Nothing like an unexpected bonus to start the week!

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from The Wharton School for work related to 32K26U12DNO04S8ZXQFRW1F13DPVD6.
The value of your bonus is: $2.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for your careful work on our HIT.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

A ton of that stuff is because news media knows that the vast majority of people watching it are older suburban white people. Like it or not they 100% play on their fears, things like "all crime is from the black people" and that crime is more out of control than ever..

When if you actually sit down and look at all the numbers, none of that shit is true. The news just like anything else is a propaganda machine designed to target the people they know are watching and scare the shit out of them to keep it right there.

Reactions: sofaslug and LucyO

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
If I do have to go by there, maybe I could cut his cable off....he would never call a repairman...he'd be too afraid of another human being to let them in the house.
You could nail the door shut an assume it's worked itself out. If you cut off his cable, he may get the ambition to leave the house and spread his nonsense.:)
A ton of that stuff is because news media knows that the vast majority of people watching it are older suburban white people. Like it or not they 100% play on their fears, things like "all crime is from the black people" and that crime is more out of control than ever..

When if you actually sit down and look at all the numbers, none of that shit is true. The news just like anything else is a propaganda machine designed to target the people they know are watching and scare the shit out of them to keep it right there.
I think of it just like when WWF got labeled "sports-entertainment".
Ib4 FNE(Fox News Entertainment) is a thing.:p

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You could nail the door shut an assume it's worked itself out. If you cut off his cable, he may get the ambition to leave the house and spread his nonsense.:)

I think of it just like when WWF got labeled "sports-entertainment".
Ib4 FNE(Fox News Entertainment) is a thing.:p
I would know my best friend from when I was in high school has turned into this super anxiety ridden dude who won't go more than 5 minutes from his house..he sits inside watching the news telling me how bad everything is. I'm just like dude you are wrong..crime was worse when we were kids..then he argues with me and I say..go look at up the numbers. 94 is when crime peaked in the country...it's been on a downturn since then.

He'll basically argue about it, then tell me the internet is stupid and no one needs that. He has 2 kids...15 and 10..he won't allow them to go outside because "shit is way more fucked up now than when we grew up"

Dude is dumb...

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score

EXACTLY.

Allowing media companies to fight for ratings $$$ has utterly fucked society because they all realized the best way to keep a captive audience is through playing to their fears enough to keep them glued to the television.

My parents threw an utter bitch fit at the thought of paying an extra $5 per month in taxes to support new 911 services in their rural area but they have no problem shelling out $5 per month for a subscription to the OAN media network. They are addicted to the fear.

Reactions: Jerami and LucyO

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Already at $9 after an hour so it hasn't been too shitty.
Nice!! Right after I posted I caught that "report how much of a fatty you are" hit that's like $6.70 or something like that.

BE GOOD, MONDAY!

Reactions: LucyO and sofaslug

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Title: 10 min survey about new organizations | Accept
Requester: Derek Harmon [AB47225MIXO1X] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.88] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Read some information on a new organization and offer your opinions
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
6 minutes[/td][/tr]

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
EXACTLY.

Allowing media companies to fight for ratings $$$ has utterly fucked society because they all realized the best way to keep a captive audience is through playing to their fears enough to keep them glued to the television.

My parents threw an utter bitch fit at the thought of paying an extra $5 per month in taxes to support new 911 services in their rural area but they have no problem shelling out $5 per month for a subscription to the OAN media network. They are addicted to the fear.
My parents are too.....the minute you know a friend or your family watches to much news is when any story comes up and they say this phrase..."i bet it was a black guy"

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I would know my best friend from when I was in high school has turned into this super anxiety ridden dude who won't go more than 5 minutes from his house..he sits inside watching the news telling me how bad everything is. I'm just like dude you are wrong..crime was worse when we were kids..then he argues with me and I say..go look at up the numbers. 94 is when crime peaked in the country...it's been on a downturn since then.

He'll basically argue about it, then tell me the internet is stupid and no one needs that. He has 2 kids...15 and 10..he won't allow them to go outside because "shit is way more fucked up now than when we grew up"

Dude is dumb...
My MIL and (step)FIL are like this, it got bad enough that it lead to us not having relationships with them :( \

They tried to convince me that Hilary Clinton had Anthony Bourdain (and his girlfriend, who is very much alive) murdered for something or other. The paranoia is real.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My MIL and (step)FIL are like this, it got bad enough that it lead to us not having relationships with them :( \

They tried to convince me that Hilary Clinton had Anthony Bourdain (and his girlfriend, who is very much alive) murdered for something or other. The paranoia is real.
I enjoy a good conspiracy theory, I really do...but stuff like that is ridiculous.

Also the funniest shit is my friend lives with his mom and an area of the city that has a top 5 school in the state, everyone that lives over there has money...but kids can't go outside cause it's awful!

Just the other day, his kid scored really well on some pre ACT stuff.....he basically was trying to convince her that she didn't have to go far away to go to college. It's like dude you are the most overprotective fucker...he legit stunts his kids growth with the way he parents.

GRR

Reaction score

so smart..it is all u can do is let them wallow in it..

Status
Not open for further replies.