04/22 - Molto Bene Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Wut?! Do they really not have school?! Seriously, I should get paid for this nonsense. Thanks for letting me know.

Ok, can someone, maybe a mom or a dad or a school admin, help me figure out, does my nephew have school today or, am I babysitting?
http://www.scarboroughschools.org/calendar
honest question.
It looks like they have school. I sorted the calendar a few times and I think the day is only highlighted in yellow because it is today.

xqyzt

Reaction score
I feel you on that. There is a little rush when you get one locked up tight in that format they're looking for. I emailed the requester about the UI and they said they'd look into tweaking it a little. Hopefully before I type any more #12s or #13s instead of #1s. Not holding my breath though.
If you type a space before you hit enter, it will enter #1 instead of #12. Not a great fix, but it helps.

Yeah I was going to email the requester last night about the UI and something I keep running into content wise, but since you have already done UI, I'll leave it out.

BTW, if anyone is interested, these are the same group doing Iconary and some other AI related tasks.

Reactions: Nikoratos

jan

Reaction score
Yeah I thought the same thing. I'm still not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be looking for but I'm just a dumb Gator.
such behavior is not uncommon in FL lol
(I've posted before, one of my old clients used to like to 'wrestle gators' at his friends 'gator farm' when he was high.

cause, you know, Florida man :blep::crocolisk: )

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It looks like they have school. I sorted the calendar a few times and I think the day is only highlighted in yellow because it is today.
Thank you! I wasn't sure what the brown bit was. Made me nervous cause I got the kid all dressed.

When I was a kid, one day my mom made me walk to school in a near blizzard and, when I got there I found that school had been cancelled. I think I can narrow my life down to that day, losing all trust in adults.:p
Didn't want to put the poor kid through that. I guess, since he doesn't walk to school it would be different but, don't want to make the wasted trip myself either.

Last edited:

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
such behavior is not uncommon in FL lol
(I've posted before, one of my old clients used to like to 'wrestle gators' at his friends 'gator farm' when he was high.

cause, you know, Florida man :blep::crocolisk: )
2 years ago I took the family to a gator farm when we were down in Myrtle Beach area. They had gator wrestling and I saw a gator tail whip a dude in the dick so hard that they had to take him to the hospital. Most of the people there seemed very concerned and I was trying not to laugh out loud and look like an asshole.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Wut?!
Ok, can someone, maybe a mom or a dad or a school admin, help me figure out, does my nephew have school today or, am I babysitting?
I'd say you are not babysitting. Looking at other days on the calendar, it says "No School" when there is no school and I don't see that notation for today's entry. BTW, Easter Monday is a thing?

Reactions: sofaslug and Jerami

Minx2121

Reaction score
Good morning everyone :) Got up early for my daycare dogs just to have the owners message me that they are sleeping in....thanks, lol....so getting a head start today. Hope you all had a good Easter! We didn't do ham Leatherass @Leatherass :) We had chicken sandwiches lol

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
yes! And I'm so overwhelmed I don't know what to try first :bag:
I am overwhelmed by checking it out and seeing there looks to be a subscription fee to use it once you've set it up and used it for some amount of time. If cricut's are that good, I'm surprised noone has developed an opensource alternative or an alternative that has licensed the ability for others to create software that works on it instead of being so proprietary that you need to subscribe to a service to use anything worthwhile beyond an introduction period.

jan

Reaction score
Wut?! Do they really not have school?! Seriously, I should get paid for this nonsense. Thanks for letting me know.

http://www.scarboroughschools.org/calendar
honest question.
Mine does NOT have school. I'm up, dressed, have my shoes on and was walking out to the garage (yelling upstairs for my daughter)
when she said,
no school - it's an in-service day
WHY?????????????????

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I am overwhelmed by checking it out and seeing there looks to be a subscription fee to use it once you've set it up and used it for some amount of time. If cricut's are that good, I'm surprised noone has developed an opensource alternative or an alternative that has licensed the ability for others to create software that works on it instead of being so proprietary that you need to subscribe to a service to use anything worthwhile beyond an introduction period.
the subscription is optional :) Just gives you access to more projects

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
2 years ago I took the family to a gator farm when we were down in Myrtle Beach area. They had gator wrestling and I saw a gator tail whip a dude in the dick so hard that they had to take him to the hospital. Most of the people there seemed very concerned and I was trying not to laugh out loud and look like an asshole.
YOU DIDN'T LAUGH OUT LOUD?! You're a saint.

Oh man. Is that inappropriate? I thought, that's the point of watching? If there's no chance of something hilarious like that happening, what's the point? How many times can you wrestle and beat the same opponent before someone says, "Yeah mate, we've seen you wrestle that one. Now try 2"

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Jerami @Jerami i think he has school just because it looks like they're pretty good about putting no school on no school days.
so you're stuck turking with us, and coding

Reactions: Jerami

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
morning. Went out of town over the weekend and had an amazing time. Kiddo got to ride a gator for the first time, which was super cool.
See now, this makes me jealous...

Holidays for me are...everyone comes to my house so I spend 2 hours cleaning my already pretty clean house so it's perfect...then buying food and spending hours in the kitchen. Which is then followed with spending 2 more hours when everyone leaves at 9 recleaning my house so it's not a mess for the next morning because I can't handle that.

My gfs niece comes over which is fine other than shes allergic to cats and I have 4 of them so then we have to lock them in the basement and not turn on fans...which honestly I hate not having fans on when it's hot.

So all in all..I miss the days when we just went to other peoples houses.

Reactions: FrenchToast

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Jerami @Jerami i think he has school just because it looks like they're pretty good about putting no school on no school days.
so you're stuck turking with us, and coding
That's fine. I planned on a week of torture but, I was on the upsweep of getting back to the abnormal-normalcy that I call a life. Didn't have another day in me. My last nerve is buried under lime green, plastic grass.:)
Thanks for the help. Didn't know what Easter Monday was.

Status
Not open for further replies.