04/13 - Friday the 13th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Free range kids sounds like a cool concept but my cats would probably eat the food instead.
yeah my dog already steals food off his table so she wouldn't hesitate to get it off the floor.
Some years ago when our kids were younger we went on a road trip and stopped at white castle for lunch because well there aren't any where we live.

Everyone orders all this food and then decides they don't like it because you know kids. And I'm like I paid for this and we have nowhere to put it...the end of the story is I ate 4 orders of fries 1 of cheese fries and about 34 white castle cheeseburgers. Cause you know money and wastefulness.
oh my god that's hilarious! my boyfriend and I are definitely putting on pounds from trying to eat his leftovers. the rats are helping now though lol
Can you throw it in tupperware and save it for tomorrow? Mine totally forget that they "don't like" something a few hours later :hilarious:
that's what I've been trying but he almost always remembers

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I myself survive on 200-300 a month, I shop at Aldis where you can literally fill the cart to the top for less then $100.
I shop at Aldi's a lot as well really good value for the money and then I buy things like toilet paper and such at Costco.

Reactions: Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Eating out or making it at home?
I'd say 85% making it. But it has to be simple stuff because I'm not great at the cooking nonsense. I've been making lots of chicken stuff. Maybe pizza once, and one time at McDonald's. (We usually get McDonald's on shopping day.)

edit: I"m trying to figure out if $200 is an okay amount or if I'm being ridiculous. Also it's pretty much just walmart.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I might be trying to make a budget.

Reactions: KYKITTY and jan

jan

Reaction score
How much is a reasonable amount to spend on 2 people for a month of food?
I spend 70 a week for two (it includes all incidentals, like cleaning supplies, dishwasher detergent, sponges, tp)

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
unrelated rant
I'm a turking stay at home Mom and we home school, too. I normally cook one "real" meal a day, and the rest of the time we just graze. I've got lots of kid-friendly snacks they can grab themselves (cut veggies, yogurt and fruit pouches, string cheese, sandwich meat). If they "don't like" dinner, they just go grab something else and I save the leftovers for the next day. But we're a crazy relaxed house with no "schedules" and set meal times, so we're all pretty free range :ROFL:
Our family of two adults and two toddlers eats pretty comfortably on $300- including soda and splurges and some frozen meals, but mostly I pretend to cook and also get 10% at Kroger for family discounts.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'd say 85% making it. But it has to be simple stuff because I'm not great at the cooking nonsense. I've been making lots of chicken stuff. Maybe pizza once, and one time at McDonald's. (We usually get McDonald's on shopping day.)

edit: I"m trying to figure out if $200 is an okay amount or if I'm being ridiculous. Also it's pretty much just walmart.
I'd probably spend more than that so 200 really isn't bad. But like was talked about before if you are by an Aldi's you can save a lot of money that way.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Consumer Research | Accept
Requester: Ji Kyung [A3VB2M3KNW42N0] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $18.99] [Pay: 4.50] [Fast: 4.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.40] [Fast: 4.89] [Comm: 3.00] [Fair: 3.57] [Reviews: 33] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: You will be asked to answer questions about your opinions and beliefs.
Requirements: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
Good morning everyone! I'm pretty excited because not only is it Friday, but it's supposed to be a warm Friday! We also ran out of heating oil last night, so the sun is more than just something pretty to look at today :p
yeah my dog already steals food off his table so she wouldn't hesitate to get it off the floor.

oh my god that's hilarious! my boyfriend and I are definitely putting on pounds from trying to eat his leftovers. the rats are helping now though lol

that's what I've been trying but he almost always remembers
Okay, now I'm convinced...you have Pleco @Pleco Classic® and you need to give him a burner phone or send him home, we miss him.
I just looked on our bank account, and surprisingly we're pretty consistent (looks like 2- 3 trips per month) spending about $145 per month for the two of us. In the past six months, we've spent at the least $95/month and at the most $190/month, but it's mostly right around $145.

Edit* I should note that this is just groceries/foodstuffs. Also, we coupon the heck out of everything, and use ibotta/checkout51/receiptpa/everything like that. Also, we make a lot of things from scratch, like our breads, etc. TinaBanina @LoveMuppet made me realize this is quite relevant!
Do you use coupons? Do you shop sales? I think your budget should reflect that. I spend about $400/month on a family of four but I also buy meals and things for my parents because we live together and share dinners. But typically, $400/month is what we spent before we all lived together. But I'm huge into coupons and deals.

Last edited:

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

Do you use coupons? Do you shop sales? I think your budget should reflect that. I spend about $400/month on a family of four but I also buy meals and things for my parents because we live together and share dinners. But typically, $400/month is what we spent before we all lived together. But I'm huge into coupons and deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.