04/13 - Friday the 13th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I feed 7 people and I spend probabkly 450-600 a month depending on how many extras I have to buy that month like TP and cleaning stuff or one of the giant 25 dollar bags of chicken at costco that'll last us awhile.

But generally speaking I can feed 7 people on 100-150 a week and buy the extras.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm a turking stay at home Mom and we home school, too. I normally cook one "real" meal a day, and the rest of the time we just graze. I've got lots of kid-friendly snacks they can grab themselves (cut veggies, yogurt and fruit pouches, string cheese, sandwich meat). If they "don't like" dinner, they just go grab something else and I save the leftovers for the next day. But we're a crazy relaxed house with no "schedules" and set meal times, so we're all pretty free range :ROFL:
That sounds pretty much exactly like us! He used to do great with eating pretty much anything, but I think he got burnt out on a lot of it. Now it's basically cheese cubes (hit or miss), breakfast burritos, corndogs, strawberries, and occasionally yogurt. Not exactly the healthiest :(

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Do you use coupons? Do you shop sales? I think your budget should reflect that. I spend about $400/month on a family of four but I also buy meals and things for my parents because we live together and share dinners. But typically, $400/month is what we spent before we all lived together. But I'm huge into coupons and deals.
I don't know what I'm doing. Are there coupons for Walmart? Please come shop for me.

/me starts panicking.

I'd probably spend more than that so 200 really isn't bad. But like was talked about before if you are by an Aldi's you can save a lot of money that way.
I wish. I loved Aldi's when I lived in WV, unfortunately this tiny town has Walmart and the dollar store.

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd say 85% making it. But it has to be simple stuff because I'm not great at the cooking nonsense. I've been making lots of chicken stuff. Maybe pizza once, and one time at McDonald's. (We usually get McDonald's on shopping day.)

edit: I"m trying to figure out if $200 is an okay amount or if I'm being ridiculous. Also it's pretty much just walmart.
I think you would really have to stretch your budget to spend only 200 a month. Do you have a ruler's where you live if so you might make it work there. I got there for can goods and frozen stuff. I not a fan of their meat they have a funny taste.

Reactions: jan

Business Cat

Catipalist
Contributor
Reaction score
How much is a reasonable amount to spend on 2 people for a month of food?
we spend 50-100 per week for 2 people, but that includes whatever we get at walmart, so cleaning stuff, cat food, etc

edit: (I try to not get cat food there, when I can get them better stuff I do)

Last edited:

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I don't know what I'm doing. Are there coupons for Walmart? Please come shop for me.

/me starts panicking.

I wish. I loved Aldi's when I lived in WV, unfortunately this tiny town has Walmart and the dollar store.
LMAO. You can use manufacturer coupons any where that accepts them. Walmart accepts coupons, so you could use them there. You can actually print them through Swagbucks and earn SB for every coupon you redeem. When I print coupons, I usually do them through SB.

ETA - So you're saving money AND earning SB if you use their coupons and they're mostly the same as the ones you'll get from coupons.com

CloudNine

Reaction score
Anyone get a rejection from Nikoleta Nikitova for a survey that was posted yesterday?

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: (Males only please). Study of attitudes. About 5 min. | Accept
Requester: Eric Levy [A2ZGFFU53PGAD6] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $7.22] [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 2.85] [Fast: 4.81] [Comm: 3.40] [Fair: 4.81] [Reviews: 38] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $4.30] [Pen: 1.00 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.50
Duration: 25 minutes
Available: 1
Description: (Males only please). Academic study of people's attitudes toward various things. About 5 min.
Requirements: MascPrimingApril2018 DoesNotExist; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
LMAO. You can use manufacturer coupons any where that accepts them. Walmart accepts coupons, so you could use them there. You can actually print them through Swagbucks and earn SB for every coupon you redeem. When I print coupons, I usually do them through SB.
And only print coupons you're likely to use - check couponing sites like crazy coupon lady, but don't do deals that you aren't likely to use - might be cheap but it is still money you may not need to spend.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
About $250 a month with two adults and one toddler is our typical budget. That is until we step into Sam's.. we don't talk about how much gets spent in there. :whistle:

jan

Reaction score
I should add, we're whole foods vegetarian and 85% organic (so that both subtracts - the veg. and then adds - organic - to the costs)

Last edited:

Bokamo

Reaction score
I feed 7 people and I spend probabkly 450-600 a month depending on how many extras I have to buy that month like TP and cleaning stuff or one of the giant 25 dollar bags of chicken at costco that'll last us awhile.

But generally speaking I can feed 7 people on 100-150 a week and buy the extras.
Same here...4 of whom are teenage boys, and a tiny girl who eats at least as much as her 18 year old brother lol. I try and keep it around $500-ish.

Reactions: jan and Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I think you would really have to stretch your budget to spend only 200 a month. Do you have a ruler's where you live if so you might make it work there. I got there for can goods and frozen stuff. I not a fan of their meat they have a funny taste.
Okay, I mostly just have no idea how much is a regular amount to spend. For some reason I thought $200 seemed like a good amount and was like WHY AM I ALWAYS GOING OVER THIS AMOUNT.

ETA - So you're saving money AND earning SB if you use their coupons and they're mostly the same as the ones you'll get from coupons.com
oh, thanks. I'll go look at sb coupons rn.

Do you eat a lot of meat? If you're meat consumption is lower that'll save a lot of money also.
I unwillingly eat it because I don't know what to replace it with. Fish is my favorite, but there's only so much fish I can eat. I usually eat a lot of fish and chicken, with some ground beef/turkey. (not together.)

Reactions: KYKITTY

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I should add, we're whole foods vegetarian and 85% organic (so that both subtracts - the veg. and then adds - organic - to the costs)
I've tried really hard to have an organic household that is heavy fruits and vegetables without much meat but the kids always push back hard so I feel like we might not be able to make that switch until they move out.

Bokamo

Reaction score
That's it...I can retire:

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Walter Goldenburg for work related to 3V0TR1NRVA05CG26G57YZMLTNMLA4W.
The value of your bonus is: $0.02 USD

The Requester included this note:
Good Job! keep up good work

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Status
Not open for further replies.