04/13 - Friday the 13th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I hated moving. My husband did all the heavy lifting. I just moved all the clothes and shoes and lite boxes.
I did have to unpack EVERYTHING. Which sucked.

Edit: Moved into our house end of 2015.
Ah, I'm 37 so I don't want to do every bit of heavy lifting I might feel it for a month. But we just have a ton of stuff and we're moving into a bigger house...so I feel like this is gonna be good once it's done but the process will suck.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm about to buy a new house next week, I had to postpone buying it last week because I want to get the supplies like floor paint and lighting fixtures before I get it to make sure I had enough money to make the down payment. This week of turking is all for home supplies.
Speaking of lighting fixtures let me ask you a question...we use the white LED bulbs since I like them for a number of reasons..this house has a huge vaulted living room ceiling like 18+ feet in the air..2 ceiling fans way the hell up there with lights..how in the hell am I supposed to change those bulbs?

masterx1234

Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of lighting fixtures let me ask you a question...we use the white LED bulbs since I like them for a number of reasons..this house has a huge vaulted living room ceiling like 18+ feet in the air..2 ceiling fans way the hell up there with lights..how in the hell am I supposed to change those bulbs?
IDK get a chair or something sturdy or get one of those long mechanical grabbing arms clamp things.

Sybaris

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
...little giant.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Ah, I'm 37 so I don't want to do every bit of heavy lifting I might feel it for a month. But we just have a ton of stuff and we're moving into a bigger house...so I feel like this is gonna be good once it's done but the process will suck.
Yep! My husband was 38 when we moved. We had a bunch of friends come and help us with their trucks.
We did only move like 3 minutes away. You moving far off?

We got the cable and internet set up before we even moved in LOL

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IDK get a chair or something sturdy or get one of those long mechanical grabbing arms clamp things.
I've seen those things, do they actually work?

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yep! My husband was 38 when we moved. We had a bunch of friends come and help us with their trucks.
We did only move like 3 minutes away. You moving far off?

We got the cable and internet set up before we even moved in LOL
I'm moving...around the corner, I can almost see it from my house.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm moving...around the corner, I can almost see it from my house.
well that's easy! I'm excited for you. Moving to a bigger house is so exciting. Did you buy or renting? I remember you talking about it before.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm telling ya... get a little giant. It's a big f'n ladder in a small package.
I actually have one that I use to clean gutters and stuff problem is when it's set as an A frame which I'd need since fans are in the middle of the room, it doesn't get 15 ft tall.

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
They are a little awkward the first time you use them, but it's really fast and the non-generic ones work really well.

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
well that's easy! I'm excited for you. Moving to a bigger house is so exciting. Did you buy or renting? I remember you talking about it before.
We're renting mainly because I have a ton of people right now and because all my kids are within 4 years of finishing school. This isn't the place I want to be forever but it's good enough till my kids are done with school.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
We're renting mainly because I have a ton of people right now and because all my kids are within 4 years of finishing school. This isn't the place I want to be forever but it's good enough till my kids are done with school.
Don't blame you! Idk how you manage with all those teens lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.