03/27 - Which Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Completely off-topic but one of my cats has been peeing outside it's litter box. I have multiple boxes in the house because I have two cats, and I clean them more than once a day. This isn't the first time we've had this problem with the cat. The duplex we're living in was put up for sale so there were a lot of people walking through here a few months ago. I thought that's what might have freaked the cat out. But I brought him to the vet and (waste of $80) they couldn't figure out what was wrong. He stopped doing it for a while but a few weeks ago I suspected he was doing it again, and then this morning my husband caught him peeing on the floor. And on top of everything, our duplex was sold and we have to move by May 1st. Any cat owners have any idea why my cat is doing this? I can't keep a cat that is peeing everywhere. We paid a thousand dollars security deposit for this place and we need it back!
Is he fixed?

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
Is he fixed?
Yes. I took him from my mother in law because she wasn't taking care of him. She got him fixed around 6 months and he's a year and a half old now.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes. I took him from my mother in law because she wasn't taking care of him. She got him fixed around 6 months and he's a year and a half old now.
Hrm that's usually a big reason. It could be something as simple as he feels stress. If you are packing and moving things around that will flip cats out too. They're super finnicky.

Reactions: IridescentOwl

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
Hrm that's usually a big reason. It could be something as simple as he feels stress. If you are packing and moving things around that will flip cats out too. They're super finnicky.
We haven't even started packing anything yet so I don't know!

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Completely off-topic but one of my cats has been peeing outside it's litter box. I have multiple boxes in the house because I have two cats, and I clean them more than once a day. This isn't the first time we've had this problem with the cat. The duplex we're living in was put up for sale so there were a lot of people walking through here a few months ago. I thought that's what might have freaked the cat out. But I brought him to the vet and (waste of $80) they couldn't figure out what was wrong. He stopped doing it for a while but a few weeks ago I suspected he was doing it again, and then this morning my husband caught him peeing on the floor. And on top of everything, our duplex was sold and we have to move by May 1st. Any cat owners have any idea why my cat is doing this? I can't keep a cat that is peeing everywhere. We paid a thousand dollars security deposit for this place and we need it back!
have you tried alternative litters? my mom's one cat likes a litter box with newspaper flat in it, LOL. Unscented litter? pine litter? breeze system?

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I was thinking stress too! Did the vet check for UTI?
My cat pees outside her litter box if theres ANYTHING laying in the bedroom floor.

Reactions: savvy

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Title: 10 minutes survey on blogs & product reviews | Accept
Requester: Maximilian Gerrath [AMF4BRSUGFX4C] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.28] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.15
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion in an academic study about review blogs
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.8
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
5:00[/td][/tr]

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So we're gonna do this this way for one last damn time..

https://imgur.com/a/qKFn73k

That is my entry way rug.

https://imgur.com/a/qKFn73k

Here is my living room. I got the 2 blue ones for 150 together and that white and blue for 50 at I think old time pottery is where I bought that.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Title: Survey about giveaway items distributed at sporting events | Accept
Requester: Akira [A2AH1DHZ6SBDYG] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.00] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.18] [Fast=4.71] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=4.43] [Reviews=20] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Please give us your opinions about a giveaway item you got a sporting event.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.8
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
2:00[/td][/tr]

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We haven't even started packing anything yet so I don't know!
When we moved last year our cats would shit in the floor of the basement because it was a stack of boxes for a couple of weeks.

As the house quickly got unpacked they stopped doing that.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
stress can cause cats to do this. A lot of people have had great luck with calming CBD oil for their cats.

PandaThief

Reaction score
Saw this on a youtube ad, might be something that would help. I have no cats so i have no idea what may be causing it

https://www.feliway.com/us/

TabethaC

Reaction score
Saw this on a youtube ad, might be something that would help. I have no cats so i have no idea what may be causing it

https://www.feliway.com/us/
I highly don't recommend feliway. While the stuff does work, the plug in often gets over heated and it can cause the container to break and the feliway liquid to go all over the place. I read that this happened to someone and their cat rolled in it and when the cat tried to lick the stuff off their fur before the owner knew what happened it ended up doing damage to the cat's tongue and throat. So very highly don't recommend that stuff.

As for your kitty that is peeing, it can be stressed. Even if you aren't packing yet, but are stressing about it, it can cause the cat to feel it and that can cause them to pee outside of the box. It can also be a UTI. So it may be necessary to have the vet check him for one. To help clean it up, I recommend getting a cleaner called Kids and Pets Odor and Stain Remover. If you follow the directions it works really well. It can be bought at Walmart stores. Here's a link so you know what it looks like.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kids-n-P...-Stain-And-Odor-Remover-27-05-Ounces/15724218

Reactions: IridescentOwl
Status
Not open for further replies.